Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Arccos Driver review

Received my new Arccos Diver system this week and had the opportunity to use it today in NJ in colder than normal temps this morning.

Round was played at Shark River golf course in Neptune NJ part of the Monmouth county municipal courses. We started at 8:30am with a balmy 33 degrees but the weather warmed up quickly, by the fourth hole it was almost 50 degrees.

I purchased the Arccos Driver from the Arccos website for $79.99, it arrived FedEx in a reasonable amount of time.

Un boxing the Arccos Driver

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1460311962.443165.jpg

It comes in a very small box there is not much to it at all basically a very simple instruction book and the Arccos tracking devise and that's all, packaged nicely.

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1460312123.755900.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1460312155.999581.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1460312183.035931.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1460312206.981128.jpg

Pairing the Arccos Driver

Pairing the devise is simple, once you download the app from either the Apple App Store or Android App Store it's a matter of just pressing the bottom of the devise and have your phone close by, everything else is automatic, you can then add what brand driver and model you are currently using, a good feature if you want to test out a few different drivers.

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1460312730.127073.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1460312744.324519.jpg

Using the Arccos Driver during a round of golf

There is one requirement in order for the system to work properly, keep your cell phone in your front pocket. Some guys will certainly have an issue with this, personally I normally do keep my phone in my front pocket so I found no issue with this at all.

I was anxious to see how far I hit my driver and to use the new device but as I stated in the beginning it was 33 degrees out and the first tee shot was dead into the wind, so unfortunately and with a slight bit of embarrassment my first tee shot only went 180 yards or so

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1460313021.075681.jpg

As you can see in the photos it also gives you total distance of the hole along with distance left to the center of the green.

As well and unfortunately I did not take a picture of this it also gives you distance to the front center and back of the green and you even have the ability to touch the fairway and pick whatever distance you want to for example on a par 5 if you need/ want to layup.

After the round data

Please forgive me if this does more than what I'm writing about as this is the first time using it and I'm still fiddling around with this.

But as you can see in the pictures the system gives you some goals to attain, a number of fairways to hit, as well a number of bomb drives to hit (drives over 255 yards).

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1460313437.066664.jpg

While you accomplish these you accumulate points and can rank yourself against friends or peers using the same Arccos driver system. Kind of fun and a way to keep it a bit interesting.

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1460313533.314535.jpg

As you can see above it gives you an idea on the amount of fairways hit, left, center and right, the longest drive and your smart driver distance which I am assuming is average driver distance?

Final thoughts/ value / improvements

I am very satisfied with the purchase of the new Arccos driver system, to me $80 is a good deal for the amount of data I am able to gather.

It's extremely easy to use/ pair and to use as a measuring devise on how far to the hole. Like I mentioned some people may not like the stipulation of having to keep your cell phone in your front pocket.

Gps and distances worked very well, no false distances nor did I experience and glitches of the system not working properly or quickly.

My one complaint or "would like" feature that I was surprised this does not have would be the ability to keep your score, I get this is a driver only measuring devise but personally I use Golf Gamebook to keep my score so if this have you that option to me it would be a no flaw system. Overall very happy, it's fun and even a bit deflating to actually know your driver distance accurately.

Keep in mind this is my first review so go easy on me guys. Pete

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Nice write up. I had some interest in this product a while back. However, the support people at Arccos indicated it's only made or perhaps calibrated for Driver use. I had thought it'd be good to use with irons also. I don't have any use for a complete setup for the whole bag.

Sometimes I go out to practice on the course. I'll hit 5 or 6 six irons for instance and use the distance tracking on my Skycaddie. After hitting those shots I'll walk up and use my average distance for that club while standing near the middle of the shot pattern. Seems to work well.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Really cool review, thanks!  Kind of makes me want one now.  Maybe Santa will drop one off....

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

• 1 month later...

Great review!

I was thinking about getting this to play around with and see how far my drives go and for accuracy. For the price

I think this is reasonable. 

The front phone in the front pocket may be an issue for me as you stated, maybe for practice/solo rounds ok.

Does the device pick up club head speed?

Great review!

I was thinking about getting this to play around with and see how far my drives go and for accuracy. For the price

The front phone in the front pocket may be an issue for me as you stated, maybe for practice/solo rounds ok.

No unfortunately it does not pick up club head speed, that would be an awesome feature thoufh, good idea.

• 3 weeks later...

Great review!

I can't handle devices that give me my club head speed. It gets to my stupid ego (wish I could get rid of that thing). I was using a device called clubhub for a while that did that and also recorded my round. What I found was that I started overswinging (why shouldn't I be able to swing as fast as Rory, right) instead of focusing on quality strikes and was hitting the ball all over the place. Now I use gamegolf live to track all my shots and all is right with the world again. I do like what Arccos offer though and think it's a worthy competitor. I just really like that gamegolf has it's own standalone gps unit.

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

I can't handle devices that give me my club head speed. It gets to my stupid ego (wish I could get rid of that thing). I was using a device called clubhub for a while that did that and also recorded my round. What I found was that I started overswinging (why shouldn't I be able to swing as fast as Rory, right) instead of focusing on quality strikes and was hitting the ball all over the place. Now I use gamegolf live to track all my shots and all is right with the world again. I do like what Arccos offer though and think it's a worthy competitor. I just really like that gamegolf has it's own standalone gps unit.

The Arccos driver app also has a built in gps of every hole even the ones that you don't use driver on, it will also give distances from front/ center and back of the green. As well you can just touch the screen of the hole your on and select a layup distance for long par 5's, the gps system works really well as I have put it up against my laser range finder and it's almost exact.

Guys if your looking to buy any Arccos product through the Arccos website Arccosgolf.com you can save $50 by using this code

arccos03-batt69c9

Good luck!

Guys if your looking to buy any Ary Arccos product you can save $50 by using this code

arccos03-batt69c9

Good luck!

Is the driver device only 80??

Knoxville, TN. 6HDCP, TM R11S driver. G25 3 wood, burner Rescue. Ping I irons, Rac 52,56,60 & 2ball odyssey putter

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

Didn't work for me...said cart didn't meet the requirement for the discount

Knoxville, TN. 6HDCP, TM R11S driver. G25 3 wood, burner Rescue. Ping I irons, Rac 52,56,60 & 2ball odyssey putter

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

Guys sorry for the confusion, I read the small print and the Arccos driver is excluded it will only work for the full set, again sorry for jumping the gun, that would have been one hell of a deal if it worked!

Thought it was too good to be true but thanks for sharing regardless!

I have a complete set I don't use anymore. Used it about half of last season if anyone is interested. I paid $400. I see it's only $300 now. I'd like to get half my money back. $200 for the full set. Any takers?

J_Wurz I tried them but as I love n use pure grips they don't stay in w/o gluing in. No thanks because of that fact, was really hoping they'd work.

Richard father of 7 and ex army enlisted then officer. Love outdoors 

Received my new Arccos Diver system this week and had the opportunity to use it today in NJ in colder than normal temps this morning.

Round was played at Shark River golf course in Neptune NJ part of the Monmouth county municipal courses. We started at 8:30am with a balmy 33 degrees but the weather warmed up quickly, by the fourth hole it was almost 50 degrees.

I purchased the Arccos Driver from the Arccos website for $79.99, it arrived FedEx in a reasonable amount of time.

Un boxing the Arccos Driver

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1460311962.443165.jpg

It comes in a very small box there is not much to it at all basically a very simple instruction book and the Arccos tracking devise and that's all, packaged nicely.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1460312123.755900.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1460312155.999581.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1460312183.035931.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1460312206.981128.jpg

Pairing the Arccos Driver

Pairing the devise is simple, once you download the app from either the Apple App Store or Android App Store it's a matter of just pressing the bottom of the devise and have your phone close by, everything else is automatic, you can then add what brand driver and model you are currently using, a good feature if you want to test out a few different drivers.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1460312730.127073.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1460312744.324519.jpg

Using the Arccos Driver during a round of golf

There is one requirement in order for the system to work properly, keep your cell phone in your front pocket. Some guys will certainly have an issue with this, personally I normally do keep my phone in my front pocket so I found no issue with this at all.

I was anxious to see how far I hit my driver and to use the new device but as I stated in the beginning it was 33 degrees out and the first tee shot was dead into the wind, so unfortunately and with a slight bit of embarrassment my first tee shot only went 180 yards or so

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1460313021.075681.jpg

As you can see in the photos it also gives you total distance of the hole along with distance left to the center of the green.

As well and unfortunately I did not take a picture of this it also gives you distance to the front center and back of the green and you even have the ability to touch the fairway and pick whatever distance you want to for example on a par 5 if you need/ want to layup.

After the round data

Please forgive me if this does more than what I'm writing about as this is the first time using it and I'm still fiddling around with this.

But as you can see in the pictures the system gives you some goals to attain, a number of fairways to hit, as well a number of bomb drives to hit (drives over 255 yards).

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1460313437.066664.jpg

While you accomplish these you accumulate points and can rank yourself against friends or peers using the same Arccos driver system. Kind of fun and a way to keep it a bit interesting.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1460313533.314535.jpg

As you can see above it gives you an idea on the amount of fairways hit, left, center and right, the longest drive and your smart driver distance which I am assuming is average driver distance?

Final thoughts/ value / improvements

I am very satisfied with the purchase of the new Arccos driver system, to me $80 is a good deal for the amount of data I am able to gather.

It's extremely easy to use/ pair and to use as a measuring devise on how far to the hole. Like I mentioned some people may not like the stipulation of having to keep your cell phone in your front pocket.

Gps and distances worked very well, no false distances nor did I experience and glitches of the system not working properly or quickly.

My one complaint or "would like" feature that I was surprised this does not have would be the ability to keep your score, I get this is a driver only measuring devise but personally I use Golf Gamebook to keep my score so if this have you that option to me it would be a no flaw system. Overall very happy, it's fun and even a bit deflating to actually know your driver distance accurately.

Keep in mind this is my first review so go easy on me guys. Pete

Shark River is a fun course. I like Hominy Hill over in Holmdel a bit better, that or the two Charleston Springs courses. Shark though is easier to get on especially early and late in the season. 

As for Arcos, I still have my game golf that's basically sat in storage for awhile.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

• 2 months later...

I've got the arccos system and it is awesome. Keeps scores and stats and gives awesome and accurate feedback on your shots. The website gives all types of tour level stats about your round. Support people are top notch as well. Of the 14 that came in my set, one was not pairing properly, they expressed shipped me a new sensor and new batteries for the entire set.

:taylormade-small: R11S 9.5° w/ stock Phenom 60g Shaft Stiff

:cleveland-small: Sport Series OS 15° w/ stock Shaft Regular

:callaway-small: XR Pro 3 hybrid (19°) w/ Project X 6.0 Graphite Shaft

:callaway-small: XR Pro 4 hybrid (22°) w/ Project X 6.0 Graphite Shaft 

:callaway-small: XR Pro 5-AW, KBS Tour 90 Stiff

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind 54° and 58° Wedges

odyssey_zpsaeehke8n.jpg Odyssey Versa 7 34" w/ Superstroke Slim 3.0 Grip

• 1 month later...

Fellow Spy's here is an update.

I've been using the Arccos driver since I posted this review, as of about 3 weeks ago I started to experience problems with the app and the sensor not picking up my drive/ shutting down before the round was over/ and ultimately discharging brand new batteries before my round was over. So with a great deal of frustration I contacted Arccos via private message through Facebook, within moments I received a response with some things I could try to rectify the issues I was having, I tried everything they advised me to try with little improvement to the system. I then contacted them a second time a few days later and they immediately said they would mail a new sensor and extra batteries to me with a pre paid label to ship back the broken one.

Problem solved, great customer service from Arccos and immediate communication on their part. Thank you Arccos!

Archived