TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tiger Woods Special Driver 2016?

Images of Tiger yesterday using a one of a kind driver!

Looks to have a glued in hossel  (retail models are using the FlexLoft 2.0), black crown (retail model has 'photo blue' finish), and sole is the Vapor Fly series. 

No word on shaft or grip. 

CgorOyrUcAEGJD5.jpg

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM + TWITTER + YOUTUBE

:taylormade-small: 2017 M1 9.5°, Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Blue, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:taylormade-small:2017 M2 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Aldila Rogue 125 Tour Edition, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:nike-small:Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged #4-6 Iron, JPX 919 Tour  #7-PW Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

⭐ Artisan Golf custom 50°, 54°, 54°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:scotty-small:  Tour Issue Circle T - Tour Rat I

Looks like his special edition last year. He's played a fixed hosel driver for his whole career. Never has he used one one with an adjustable hosel.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Looks like his special edition last year. He's played a fixed hosel driver for his whole career. Never has he used one one with an adjustable hosel.

Yeah I am aware of last years TW Limited Edition Vapor Speed Driver. This looks to be new cause there seems to be a blue/green color combo vs. last years green/ black combo. 

:taylormade-small: 2017 M1 9.5°, Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Blue, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:taylormade-small:2017 M2 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Aldila Rogue 125 Tour Edition, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:nike-small:Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged #4-6 Iron, JPX 919 Tour  #7-PW Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

⭐ Artisan Golf custom 50°, 54°, 54°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

Head is black on top, looks like the sole is chrome and volt to me.

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Man who knows... We'll all have to see what happens... Now that Tiger is playing the US Open! 

Via Tiger Woods twitter today.

Looks to be the TW Vapor Speed driver. 

Screen_Shot_2016_04_25_at_4_32_42_PM.png

Definitely the TW Vapor Speed just like I said above. Hate to say it but I know my drivers lol. I've tried enough of them to replace the one I've been playing

7CCD7014-72D1-4BC7-B2AA-F747527BED1C_zps

In The Bag

Man who knows... We'll all have to see what happens... Now that Tiger is playing the US Open!

He's registered, which he had to do before the deadline. He himself said he didn't know when he'd play again still

In The Bag

I'm pretty excited to see how this plays out. An article on Sports Center this morning said Tiger felt "pretty good" after playing his first holes of 2016 yesterday. He only played 5 holes with Mark O'Meara and tested out 2 different drivers while on the range and course. He's not able to hit the ball that far yet so there's no decision on which driver he'll be hitting this summer.

It's hard for me to believe he will return for the U.S. Open in June. He has a lot of strength and speed to still gain back before he can start playing at a competitive level especially the hardest major of the year at Oakmont.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I'm pretty excited to see how this plays out. An article on Sports Center this morning said Tiger felt "pretty good" after playing his first holes of 2016 yesterday. He only played 5 holes with Mark O'Meara and tested out 2 different drivers while on the range and course. He's not able to hit the ball that far yet so there's no decision on which driver he'll be hitting this summer.

It's hard for me to believe he will return for the U.S. Open in June. He has a lot of strength and speed to still gain back before he can start playing at a competitive level especially the hardest major of the year at Oakmont.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Thanks for the info on this! Didn't know TW was testing 2 drivers! 

Archived