Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Feedback on TruSoft

furu

I need some feedback from players who have used the new Titleist TruSoft.

Spin

Trajectory

Feel

Distance

All the usual subjective parameters :)

I've got some numbers, and three rounds with it. And I've got feedback from local players with hcp from 4 to 18. But I need more. 

Well I don't know what I can tell you that you probably don't already know. But I played these the other day side by side (on approach shots) with an NXT Tour S and occasionally a QStar for about 6 holes. So not a ton of info but I'll give you what I got.

Distance is basically the same off the tee and approach shots were the same as well.

Trajectory seemed a bit lower with the Trusoft especially off the tee (I hit a few back to back off the tee). The NXT launches more aggressively if that makes sense. The DT just kind of goes out there whereas the NXT yells about it. The QStar actually feels similar off the face to the DT. I guess another way to put it is that if I hit these balls solidly back to back with the same club I would assume, just based on feel, that the NXT went the farthest but the results would probably show them all very close.

Feel off the club is good I think though - the NXT is more solid feeling off the club like I mentioned above - in some ways you don't even really feel the Trusoft make impact with the club face which is good or bad I guess. Putting, to me, felt about the same with both though.

Spin in the biggest difference probably. The Trusoft simply doesn't bite or check from around the greens like a urethane ball does (I also play a Q Star) or even the NXT S will. The Trusoft also isn't going to come back on approach shots but if your trajectory is high enough it will hit and stop quickly. I can get the QStar to check and grab pretty consistently but couldn't really do it with the Trusoft.

I picked up the Trusoft because I used to play the DT solo because I used to have lots of spin off the tee. That's mostly gone now though with my swing changing. The QStar and/or NXT do basically everything the DT does for me off the tee (keep it straight) and are more flexible around the greens. And with Qstars at $20 a box now it's hard to recommend to that many people that they play the DT Trusofts for the same basic money. I guess Trusofts will probably be more durable - and for somebody like my dad who can't hit a wedge anyways...but the QStar for the same money is certainly a ball you can do "more" with.

Driver: Taylormade JetSpeed 10.5*

3 wood: Adams Speedline Fast12 15*

Irons: Mizuno MX-17 3-PW

Wedges: Mizuno MP R Series 52, Mizuno MP Series 56, Cobra Tour Trusty 60

Putter: Odyssey Works Versa 7

Ball: NXT Tour S or Srixon Q Star

• 2 weeks later...

I got a dozen last Fall when they first came out. Much better than DT Solo, softer and excellent distance with reasonable bounce on the greens. Great price point as well.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Archived