Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Homeowners forcing the alteration of the golf course.

Kor.A.Door

hole 12, a long par 5, and unless you are a long ball hitter it is a forced 3 shot hole, and it's number 6 hcp, so it's a difficult hole mainly because driving, the fairway has a down hill slope in the landing area and it slopes left to right, there is a bunker on. The lest side near the landing area and trees line both sides about 10 yards off the fairway on he left and about 5 yards off the fairway on the right, so for he last few weeks they moved all the tee boxes up to where the red tees are located, the reason you ask, because a homeowner on the right side that are right of the trees in the landing area for wayward tee shots has complained that golf balls are being hit into his yard and house. So what did the course do, the entire right side which is about 5 yards from the right side of the fair way is marked OB. It's ludicrous, but the problem is that any ball that is hit down the right side has a good chance of leaving the yard, there is no bail out area, either you hit the ball in be fairway or you are taking a penalty shot. My problem is that being left handed with a draw shot, anything that I over draw will now be OB, anyway, I think if you are so worried about golf balls or people in the woods looking for a ball, the. Why did you purchase a house on a golf course, I would look at it like sweet, free golf balls. Frustrating at times

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Did they change it to a par 4 with the tees all moved up?

Got a Google Earth pic of hole?

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

We had that problem a few years back at several courses. Some courses installed nets. Actually we had people back when the real estate market was booming bought houses on golf courses. They did not even play golf but were hoping to cash in and make a profit. Basically down here somehow it is in the law if you buy a house on a golf course you are on your own to expect to be hit  that golfers or the course are not responsible

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Buying on a golf course is an assumed risk. He's liable for buying the appropriate insurance

http://www.golf.com/special-features/cover-your-asset

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

So was his yard not marked OB before?  Or did they move the OB closer to the fairway?

I got lost a little bit in the explanation, but if his yard was not OB before and now it is that seems pretty reasonable to me.  I live on a course so I completely understand that getting golf balls in your yard is the cost of living, but letting people hit out of my yard is a completely different animal.

Agree with Bigtazz, a google earth image of the hole would probably be helpful.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Yes the yards are OB, but for some reason they marked the golf course side edge of the woods as OB, which I find odd since that just forces another tee shot which is another potential tee shot in the yards. There are other holes where the housing fences back up to the course where you would think it is more of a issue. I would have thought that buying on a course would mean that you understand there is a risk. This just forces the play down the left. The problem is that 3 wood puts you half way down the hill so you have an awkward layup shot, if you stay short at the top of the hill you need 3-4 hybrid layup shot which brings 2 bunkers into play, there really are some tricky shots, if you go down the right at the bottom of the hill there is an area the ball can funnel to and still stay in play but that brings OB very much into play. I will see if I can find a map of the hole.

Yes the yards are OB, but for some reason they marked the golf course side edge of the woods as OB, which I find odd since that just forces another tee shot which is another potential tee shot in the yards. There are other holes where the housing fences back up to the course where you would think it is more of a issue. I would have thought that buying on a course would mean that you understand there is a risk. This just forces the play down the left. The problem is that 3 wood puts you half way down the hill so you have an awkward layup shot, if you stay short at the top of the hill you need 3-4 hybrid layup shot which brings 2 bunkers into play, there really are some tricky shots, if you go down the right at the bottom of the hill there is an area the ball can funnel to and still stay in play but that brings OB very much into play. I will see if I can find a map of the hole.

From this description, with OB on the course side of the woods, I would hope the OB markers are only temporary until someone pays to put up a screen back of the homeowners yard. Have you talked to the course manager to find out what's going on? I agree completely that it's the risk home buyers assume when they buy on a golf course. However, the standard business model for a golf club community is to turn the course management over to the homeowners so that the developers can get out of the course management business and on to the next development. I don't like that, but that's how a lot of nice courses get built.

The course isn't owned by the community, he course was built by a company, the. He houses went up after. There are plenty of woods between the course and the house, it's probably 30 yards worth, but a high hard fade from the right handed golfer will end up clearing the trees on occassion, none of the golfers like it, but for now this is what we have, it's crazy.

The course is ALWAYS built first; the houses go up after.  Usually both are built and managed by a developer trying to sell the houses with attached membership.  Once all the houses are sold, the developer sells the golf course to the homeowners community.  At least, that's the plan.  

Therefore, the course management will bend over backwards to accommodate the homeowners.  Golfers just pay a transient green fee.

Driver: Callaway RAZR Fit (8.5 degree; Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7x shaft)

Fairway Wood: Callaway RAZR Fit 3-wood (15 degree; Graphite Design Tour AD GT 7x shaft)

Hybrid: Callaway X Hot Pro (18 degree; Matrix Ozik HM3 Black Tie shaft)

Iron (3): Callaway X Utility Prototype (21 degree; True Temper Dynamic Gold S400 shaft)

Irons (4-9): Callaway RAZR X MuscleBack (True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue shafts)

Wedges: Callaway X Forged (48, 52 and 60 degree; True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue shafts)

Putter: Odyssey Tour Milled #1

The "group" that owns the course isn't selling or turning it over to the community any time soon, they have 4 golf courses in the area, and our course is an absolute money maker for them. It just sucks, being a lefty that hits some hooks on occasion it's an automatic 6-7 when I do that, you can usually find and play the ball from the woods so the strategy for me on this home will likely change.

The "group" that owns the course isn't selling or turning it over to the community any time soon, they have 4 golf courses in the area, and our course is an absolute money maker for them. It just sucks, being a lefty that hits some hooks on occasion it's an automatic 6-7 when I do that, you can usually find and play the ball from the woods so the strategy for me on this home will likely change.

Hit an iron off the tee. I have to do it on one of my par 5s. It's a gradual dogleg left. Hazard all the way up the left and right off the tee. Doesn't work for my draw. I have to hit 3 really good shots to make par. You have to play up the right side of the whole or you're blocked out on your second shot or approach by trees. Right side also has trees and bunkers. I'm not going for it in two. Never seen an eagle on it from any tee. That single hole kills me. Now I just hit hybrid(iron), hybrid(iron), mid or short iron depending on whether or not I hook the second shot. It's a par 5 but I'm extremely happy with par and if I make bogey I'm not upset. Easily the hardest hole on the course for me. I just have to recognize that and take my medicine. I can make up the strokes elsewhere.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

It's a 3 shot hole for me from the blue or black tees, when the ball starts going farther and we start getting more roll out I can hit iron or hybrid, but until then I don't want to have to hit 4h, then 3w for a layup, it's number 6hcp so it's a tough hole anyway. This just makes it more difficult.

Archived