TESTERS WANTED! ×

Greetings from Gatineau, QC (across the river from Ottawa)

Hi everyone,

I'm a long time reader but fairly new member to MGS.   Due to various factors, I've been playing golf on and off for a bit over 20 years.

Started in High School after a football injury (I use to think golf was for hmm hmm not for me) - until an highly respected athlete introduce me to this great sport.

First pause from 1999 to 2003 when I lived and worked in Europe.

Then met a girl who is now my lovely wife who happened to live near a municipal 9 hole.  Beacame a member, start playing everyday and was clearly addicted.  I was also a self confess club ho.  Was still young (and immature) and would drink some cool aid.  I am self taught so I was spending a lot of time on another forum trying to learn, un-learn after bad kool-aid poisoning, buy new clubs, components to try to make my own.  I was in search of the holy grail.

Then, for various reason (work and family), my wife and I moved again and went from playing daily to playing 1 round a year for 5 years.  Having issue with golf withdrawals, at on point I decided to go cold turkey...  Focused on new passions: good food and fitness (Spartan races, half marathon, trail running, Beachbody workouts).

All this changed last year, when and I found a new golfing buddy.  I had that golfing itch again.  However what I gained in age, I also gained in maturity (and lost in weight).  Between my last round in 2009 and my first round in 2011, I was 35 ponds lighter, healthier and more flexible.  

I am now in the process of being professionally fit.  Going from I want that to be right for me, to seeking the help of a pro to better determine what is right for me. 

Looking forward to contribute with the MGS with any subject, starting with my fitting experience, to local golf in the Canadian National Capital to what fitness program has helped me become a healthier and happier husband, daddy and part time golfer.

ps: English is not my first language so please forgive the typos, bad grammar and (hopefully not so often) wrong choice of words.

Driver:  Taylormade R1,65g Aldila RIP Phenom TP, Stiff
Fairway: Callaway FT 4 wood 16° Aldila  XVS6 "PGA Tour Only"
Hybrid: : Sonartec MD 19° Stiff Stepless steel
Irons: RSi 1 5i-AW, KBS Tour S (5.7)
Wedges: Callaway X-Tour forged 56° and Scratch 8620 60°
Putter: MannKrafted custom putter

Welcome! That is quite the journey to return to golf. I can assure you are in good company here. Good luck with the fitting and lessons!

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Bienvenue Hacker - glad to have you. Was in Gatineau a couple of weeks ago - had a good look at the damn projects!

Jump on in to the forums and share your thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Welcome from the Pacific Northwest! Glad you joined us. Stick to golf this time around!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Archived