Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

tasc Performance Golf Clothing

• SPY VIP

Tasc Clothing - 1 (1).jpg

What to wear, what to wear?

Though I hesitate to admit it, I spend too much time picking out golf clothing. This happens both in the shop, and in my closet. At the store, I wonder what to buy, and then I follow that up with wondering what to take from the closet to the course.

It's not all about vanity and style. I really don't care that much about how I look when I play. I just want to be comfortable. What locks me up a bit, is choosing the right comfortable clothes for the round.

This is probably main reason why I like summer golf. I don't need rain gear, layers, knit head gear, gloves, or anything that will be swapped in or out during play. All I need are a shirt and pair of shorts that do well in the heat.

These garments do need serious heat wearability though, since summer rounds are almost always over 100°.

Tasc Clothing

Tasc Clothing - 5.jpg

I recently had a shirt and pair of shorts drop in the inbox that I thought that you would like to know about. These two garments are made by tasc performance.

So what's the big deal about these?

First, tasc makes their clothes out of bamboo fibers rather than 100% synthetics. You'll still find some poly and lycra mixed in, but the tasc fabrics have bit more natural composition, and with that some expanded features.

If you are big on textiles, you can follow this LINK to read all about their textile options. If not, just know that the addition of the bamboo makes the tasc clothing

• Lightweight

• Quick-drying

• Odor resistant

• Stretchable

• Comfortable

Number five on that list is the big one for me. Comfort is king.

The tasc story is a pretty darn good one. Here's the LINK to their "About" page. They tell their story better than I can. It's worth the click and the read. After learning more about the benefits of bamboo, and about the tasc company, I really wanted to like the clothing.

That being the case, let's take a closer look at the two tasc performance items that I have added to the golf wardrobe.

Bamboo Air Stretch Golf Polo

Tasc Clothing - 1.jpg

I don't know that I'm quite ready to support whole heartedly their quote of “the most comfortable golf shirt ever made”, but the polo is pretty darn comfortable. One of the most comfortable that I've worn, for sure.

Sizing is good. Sleeves and torso both hang where they should. It does have a back hem than is cut lower than front, if that's something you are concerned about when wearing a polo untucked.

Tasc Clothing - 9.jpg

The stripes are pretty bold on this one, but there are more conservative color options as well if you check their site. I like the stripes, but I'd really love the look of this shirt if the collar was solid white rather than also striped. The directional change of the stripes from collar to torso bothers my eye a bit.

Tasc Clothing - 10.jpg

In terms of performance, aces. Even on a hot day, the shirt plays as advertised. It wicks moisture nicely, a bit of a surprise since it has more of a jersey-cotton feel than the usual moisture-wicking fabric. Didn't stink ever, and also didn't restrict my swing at all.

100% golf-playable.

Switchback Shorts

Tasc Clothing - 2.jpg

These shorts are maybe my favorite pair of shorts. Not just for golf, but overall. They are lightweight, soft, and amazingly comfortable through both golf movements, and daily movements. No binding or chafing at all here. They may be the only shorts I pack for camping/kayaking  later this summer.

Pockets are large enough to hold what needs to be held, but not so deep that stuff gets lost. I did scoff at the small zippered leg pocket at first, but now I find myself using it all of the time for keys, tees, and other small items. It's a great ID and cash pocket for heading out for the evening…

Tasc Clothing - 8.jpg

The shorts do run a touch large through the waist for me compared to my usual 34, but not so large that they fall, or need a belt. Just a bit roomy I suppose. Great fit with a tucked shirt for sure.

As for golfing comfort, I played 36 holes at Bandon Dunes in these a few weeks ago and they were perfect, meaning I never once noticed I was wearing them. That, I think, is the greatest compliment for clothing. If it disappears from your consciousness, then it's covering your body without impacting your mind. Golf impacts my mind enough...

Tasc Performance Performs

I was unfamiliar with the tasc performance brand before wearing these, and I now have no problem saying that I'm a fan, especially of the shorts.

Pricing on these looks a lot like other golf clothing pricing out there, aka not cheap. $68 for a polo and $64 for shorts is about the market average. I would view both of these as being above average in performance though, making them a better deal than others less comfortable.

Find out more about the tasc golf offerings at their website HERE

Tasc Clothing - 3.jpg

Tasc Clothing - 4.jpg

Tasc Clothing - 6.jpg

Tasc Clothing - 7.jpg

Tasc Clothing - 11.jpg

Tasc Clothing - 12.jpg

Tasc Clothing - 13.jpg

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Kind of off topic, but golf clothing is getting really expensive these days. Over $60 for a Polo and $80 for pants. I can't believe demand for it is up since there's less people playing. Once in a great while I'll splurge and treat myself to a golf shirt or pants, but I can't see myself paying that much. Hitting Marshalls, TJ Maxx, or some outlet malls later. I know golf in general is an expensive hobby but geeez. Great read on this alternative fabric, always love comfortable non restricting clothes when playing, but again I don't think I'll be spending that much on a polo and shorts. I guess you get what you pay for. Thank you for your review!

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Like most clothes reviewed here... or anywhere for that matter they are/can be quite expensive. (Or can be) By the way Dave; you still did a nice review. I've commented before in the forum about clothes so nothing new really. In general, men's styles/fashion don't really change all that much like women's do. I purchase more classic like stuff and not "trendy" clothes. And... I buy almost all my golf clothing at a local Stein-Mart. Yeah.. it's one of those places that purchases inventory from last season or through bankruptcies, store closings, etc. You get my drift.  But who cares if a shirt is last years model? And no... one sleeve isn't shorter than the other. It's first run clothing. My local SM has the best golf clothing in the area. Period. Best selection and best prices by a long shot. They will have Hogan, Norman, Nike, Ping, Nicklaus, Callaway, etc, etc. They'll even have other snappy formally very expensive shirts, pants, and shorts marked down from $100+ to $39! I've looked them up before online and in catalogs. They might even have TASC new year. If they do the shirts will be $29. I have golf shirts and shorts that are several years old and they still look nice. I've never once heard anyone say.... "hey, is that last years shirt?" Eeeeuuuuu. LOL

So there's my clothing tip of the day. Hope you enjoyed it as much as Dave's review.  :)

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

This interests me quite a bit. Although I live in Minnesota where the weather is usually not super hot, the humidity can get to be a problem at times, and I tend to run a bit hot - as in I'm happy ice fishing in 20 below zero weather but when it gets above 85 degrees I start to get a little unpleasant. Do they make pants? I don't usually like to golf in shorts because I'm often times digging through the brambles to find a ball.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

i like those shorts. I've got several pair of Kohl's Grand Slam brand shorts and they work well for me, they have a very understated right side zipper pocket. sometimes they look a little too "formal" with a t-shirt, but oh well. I'm annoyed that Izod closed all of their factory brand stores, i liked their stuff, but now you can only get it at department stores. 

I'm a big fan of Costco for polos and Target's Champion brand and Under Armour Outlet for shirts. Buying through under armour's website, even "sales" are getting effing crazy expensive. But i guess you gotta pay Speith and Cam their $$$

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Last year sometime I think Barbajo posted that Wal-Mart was selling a Hogan label shirt and shorts. At that time I bought two of them for a try out. I still have one of them and it's a decent shirt. I recall they are slightly slim but they fit me fine.

One of them I had to ditch as I burned a hole in the left shoulder/sleeve while practice swinging with a cigar in my mouth.  :wacko:

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I still love BarbaJo's post from this year's PGA show about the mock turtlenecks

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Archived