Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Swim-Noodle a Huha Hoop and a Shoe-Box

I've been wanting to ask here in the forum for a while....

How many of you actually use home made training/practice aids like you see on TV. I watch many of the training shows on Golf Channel and like them for the most part. What I see a lot of is certain hosts recommending that we use and take to the practice tee/range items like a swim noodle, a shoe box, beach ball, coat hanger, hula hoop, etc, etc. I don't use that stuff or do any of that. I certainly never see anyone else using that stuff. In public!  Yeah, I get that these Hosts many times suggest you do this at home. Wonder why?  :wacko:  I assume so you don't look like a idiot. LOL

I have many training aids such as alignment rods, Pivot-Pro, DST, Orange Whip, etc. But I'm not about to show up on the practice tee wagging a swim-noodle and a shoe box. Are you? Do you?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I'll lay my towel behind the ball when I'm working on contact. And yes it is a rough feeling to have to walk out to get it when I make bad contact lol

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I practice indoors where they have the noodles and ect but I haven't needed them since the first year of my lessons.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Noodles are useful for golfers of all levels, even tour guys. A great video from a teacher you've never heard of that's local to me and adds tour guys to his stable all the time. He's at 7 or 8 now and he's gaining steam more and more.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=frGnCtjH6I4

He uses the noodles at the very end for pressure trace work

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

The teacher I had here had a hula hoop. I felt bad when I slightly bent his hoop when we had a lesson. May have been a pink barbie one to boot

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Noodles are useful for golfers of all levels, even tour guys. A great video from a teacher you've never heard of that's local to me and adds tour guys to his stable all the time. He's at 7 or 8 now and he's gaining steam more and more.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=frGnCtjH6I4

He uses the noodles at the very end for pressure trace work

I've never seen this drill but seems very intriguing. Is it to provide feedback to "ground pressure"?

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Archived