Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Putting a new 4 iron in my set sold my 4H! Super game improvment?

Kkiser8609

I'm gaming taylormade burner 2.0 5-P. I just sold my 4H could never hit it! Was thinking of buying a M2 5 iron to go as my 4 iron. The 2.0 4 iron loft is 21 the m2 5iron is 21.5. Also looking at RSI 4 iron 20degree. SLDR 4 iron 21degree and G30 21degree? What do you guys think?

I would. I prefer irons over hybrids anyways.

But 4i is also the lowest I'll go, you shouldn't have much trouble with a SGI 4i.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I'm gaming the Cobra King F6 4 iron

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

wow... was the hybrid shaft not right?  Did you try any other hybrids?  I've always found those so much easier to hit than the 4 iron...  I admire your courage to go back though.  Good luck!  Hope it works out for the best.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Count me in among those who have ditched the hybrid. 4i has been one of the best clubs in my bag for quite a while now. Much better out of the bermuda rough.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

I have a 3H. I just didnr see the need for a 4h anymore. You can't shape the ball much.

Check your PMs

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Count me in among those who have ditched the hybrid. 4i has been one of the best clubs in my bag for quite a while now. Much better out of the bermuda rough.

How can you hit a ball out of Bermuda rough with a 4iron and actually get to go somewhere, I play in Bermuda and if I get into the rough, there is no chance to even think about 4 iron from there. If you've figured out how, let me know, because I usually hit the low 50 yard shot that goes nowhere when I try a long iron from the Bermuda

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I have a 3H. I just didnr see the need for a 4h anymore. You can't shape the ball much.

I see... I switched from a 3H (19) to a 4H (22) and dropped my 4i (23).

I do agree... no need for both a 3 and 4 hybrid.  

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

I play with a 20* 7 wood and its probably my favorite club. Gave the Cobra F6 4 iron a try, but I didnt have the same success as Foz. Never hit hybrids well either, but I love a driving iron.

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

I play with a 20* 7 wood and its probably my favorite club. Gave the Cobra F6 4 iron a try, but I didnt have the same success as Foz. Never hit hybrids well either, but I love a driving iron.

LOVE the classics!  I remember when clubsets were 1w, 3w, 5w and sometimes 7w.  Hybrids just seem to be reconfigured/re-engineered 5, 7, 9 woods.  Smaller heads, thinner faces, moving CG all around... but at the end of the day... pretty similar!

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Do you have a golf shop anywhere close you could go and hit them?  Figure out how far you want to hit your 4i and then hit them all until you find the one that goes that distance.

For me I ditched 4i & 5i a couple seasons ago and switched to 22 & 25 degree hybrids.  It's worked out great for me.  They actually go the distances I was trying to hit the irons they replaced.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Some of those SGI long irons are silly easy to hit and almost like hybrids anyways, so I would go for it if it makes you confident! I'd encourage you to not base your decision on loft alone though - see if you can hit the irons on a monitor first and make sure it fits the distance you want.

Currently In The Sun Mountain 3.5 DLX:
Drivers: â€‹nike.jpg Vapor Pro 12.5* (Open) [projectx.png Prototype (65g, approx. R+ flex)]
Fairway: callaway.jpg Big Bertha 3W (16*/N) [MitsubishiRayon.png Fubuki Zeta 65 stiff (69g)]
Fairway: callaway.jpg XR16 5W (19) [Grafalloy.pngProLaunch Blue 65 stiff (64g)]
Hybrids taylormade.jpg R15 4h (22*) [fujikra.png Speeder 77 Evolution (70g)]
Irons: bridgestone.jpg J15 DF 5-PW [Aerotech Steelfiber i95 stiff ssx1]
Wedges: mizuno.jpg JPX 50*-6* [Dynalite Gold XP Wedge]
Wedges: callaway.jpg Forged Copper (54*-11*, 58*-9*) [Dynamic Gold Wedge]
Putter: Piretti.jpg Cottonwood II 355g (33")
Leupold GX-1i Rangefinder

Don't sell yourself short, Judge...you're a tremendous slouch!

How can you hit a ball out of Bermuda rough with a 4iron and actually get to go somewhere, I play in Bermuda and if I get into the rough, there is no chance to even think about 4 iron from there. If you've figured out how, let me know, because I usually hit the low 50 yard shot that goes nowhere when I try a long iron from the Bermuda

Little more vertical on the backswing is my swing thought. Not to say that its easy, or every shot goes a good distance, but comparing the results of the 4i versus hybrid for me, the 4i is much easier to hit. Granted, shots out of deep or thick rough, I have the 7 iron rule, nothing longer than that. But a decent lie in regular rough where I need a lot of yards, 4i has been the choice lately.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Little more vertical on the backswing is my swing thought. Not to say that its easy, or every shot goes a good distance, but comparing the results of the 4i versus hybrid for me, the 4i is much easier to hit. Granted, shots out of deep or thick rough, I have the 7 iron rule, nothing longer than that. But a decent lie in regular rough where I need a lot of yards, 4i has been the choice lately.

That's what I was thinking but I was like 4 iron out of Bermuda. The thick rough is 7/8 iron for sure.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Archived