Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Golfsmith & TaylorMade Problems

So apparently, Golfsmith and TaylorMade haven't finalized their contract which may expired 6/30? All TM equipment was pulled from their custom fitting bays and customers can't place custom TM orders through their website.

In April, I purchased an M2 which subsequently cracked after about 4 rounds. The replacement had a defect in the crown which was separate from the first run bulge issue. This was a significant cosmetic defect in the paint which was noticeable at address.

Unfortunately when I went to exchange it, I was told the PX Hazardous shaft was back ordered until August. So they gave me a gift card with the value of the M2. After I decide on another shaft, I log onto the Golfsmith website only to discover their contract expired and I can't order the new club! (Had to call to find that out.)

For now, the SLDR is back in the bag and remains the longest driver I've played to date. Just not as forgiving.

Posted Image

I"m wondering if this is a TaylorMade problem or a Golfsmith problem?  Hmmmmm.....would love to be a fly on the wall during these negotiations.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

No doubt!

I could certainly find something but I want the M2! For my game, it just performs really well from a distance, forgiveness, accuracy perspective. One of their best in a while in my opinion.

Posted Image

No doubt!

I could certainly find something but I want the M2! For my game, it just performs really well from a distance, forgiveness, accuracy perspective. One of their best in a while in my opinion.

Have you tried the Cobra King LTD?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

It's too bad that there isn't much competition for Golfsmith.  They're the only "big-box" golf store around me and I enjoy hitting clubs in their bays but the contracts kill me!  They seem to have only 3 putter brands - odyssey, ping, scotty cameron...  so. many. other. good. putters. on the market...

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, TM Sim2 19*, Cobra F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Cleveland HB Soft #1 w/UST
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

I have the Cobra King LTD as well and I have a Ping G LS Tec on the way. I've also recently tried the M2 and loved it and I'm considering getting that and having a death match between the three drivers. I may have some issues. :)

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

I was at GS the other day and was wondering why they had a ton of empty boxes in the Tmag isle......

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

You should have had the pro at Troy Burne send it in for you.  I'm actually surprised they wouldn't just pop the head off and send that back and let you hang on to the shaft.  

Hopefully it get's sorted out soon and you can get your M2 back!

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Do we have any follow up here? I'm curious for three reasons.

1. I was in the pro shop at Bayou when someone came in with an M2 that had a cracked face. Could this be a trend?

2. I'm wondering if Goofsmith and TMag have resolved their issues. I used to go there a lot but haven't as much lately because for some reason my parishioners haven't been using the hospital near that location the past few years. I think there was a buy out by a big medical provider and all the ortho stuff moved to a different location (farther away of course.)

3. I want my fellow MGSer to be satisfied and let's face it none of us is satisfied unless we have an equipment dilemma. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Thanks Rev! I went online yesterday to place and order. The issue still exists for custom orders. I called the (800) number to inquire and they advised that although they could place an order for me it would be pending until the contract issue is resolved.

HCKY- Since I still had the receipt, I thought it would have just been easier to go back to Golfsmith.

That said, if anyone would like to purchase a $430 Golfsmith Gift Card at a reduced rate, let me know!  :)

Posted Image

Archived