Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Ever heard of Shaft Shack? Pretty interesting way to demo...

GolfSpyC

• SPY VIP

I was trying to get some info on Graphite Design and called their customer service department - Long story short, they said to give ShaftShack.Com a call to inquire about a shaft demo program - 

Basically, they carry a variety of high-end shafts which they'll ship to you to demo (3 days or 7 days) - Costs are different depending on the exact shaft, but $20-$35 is pretty typical (plus shipping).

They have a club connection system which is easy enough to use and they provide an explanation guide with step-by-step instructions to help you install each shaft - If you can make a bagel for breakfast, you can use this system - 

It's kind of a cross between Netflix and typical demo ski programs - For me, the major upside is you get to try some crazy high-end shafts for a  fraction of the cost - and if you're actually looking to buy a shaft, they'll let you take up to $100 of money spent on demo shafts and apply it to the purchase of any new shaft...

I can see some people using this simply for that purpose - They see a shaft that Rory or Dustin or whomever is using and they want to give a run and rather than dropping $350 or whatever, they spend 10% of that to see what all the hype is about - 

Or you have it narrowed down to a couple shafts - Say a Veylix Rome and GD GP 7X and want to put them both in your gamer driver and see how they do - It's going to be impossible to find a fitting cart to allow you to do this - Give them both a run and see which one works best - Take your $75 or whatever and apply it to the cost of a new one - 

I haven't run into anything like this yet so I gave it a try and ordered up 3 shafts - 2 days later they're on my porch and I'm having a shootout with a Kuro Kage XT 70X, GD GP 7X and GD DI 7X - Process was super easy and quite a bit of fun to boot!

Nice Find! I'm Loving what these companies are doing with getting the equipment in people's hands to try before we buy, especially with shafts since there's sooooooooooooooooooooooooo many options. Thanks for the heads up

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

• SPY VIP

Nice Find! I'm Loving what these companies are doing with getting the equipment in people's hands to try before we buy, especially with shafts since there's sooooooooooooooooooooooooo many options. Thanks for the heads up

You got it...I think the idea is brilliant - Will be interesting to see if this catches on and if so, who else jumps into the market...

• SPY VIP

Very interesting. Went ot their site. Not a ton of options but they are there

Yeah, it's certainly early in the process and I'd expect they'll build their library as it goes - Also couldn't hurt to reach out to them if there's a particular shaft you're looking for...

That sounds promising. I'd be interested but not looking at getting any new clubs any time soon.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I live over an hour away from the nearest golf superstore.  I can certainly see a market for a service/store like this.  

:ping-small: S57 DG S300 stiff

:taylormade-small:  M1 430 8.5 Matrix Black Tie 

:ping-small:  Tour Wedges stiff

:taylormade-small:  SLDR 16* mini driver Fuji Speeder stiff

:taylormade-small: SLDR 21* hybrid Fuji Speeder stiff

:cameron-small: Futura  Superstroke mid slim 2.0

:taylormade-small:  project (a) #7's

• 8 months later...

I work for Penley shafts and we tried to get them to offer Penley, couldn't get them to but anyone that wants to demo a Penley shaft, including the new Penley ET3 Quasar shaft, can do so directly from Penley. Check out Penley Sports website for details! Check us out, we make Great shafts 100% designed and manufactured in the USA!

Very cool. Better than shelling out $$$$ for a shaft only to find out it wasn't what you thought it would be.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I work for Penley shafts and we tried to get them to offer Penley, couldn't get them to but anyone that wants to demo a Penley shaft, including the new Penley ET3 Quasar shaft, can do so directly from Penley. Check out Penley Sports website for details! Check us out, we make Great shafts 100% designed and manufactured in the USA!

Thanks for the heads up!

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

And if anyone has any questions about Penley, feel free to ask. Our TBAR and Zone Flex Characterization processes are really believable. We have some informational videos on the technology and I can answer questions. Thanks!

This sounds like a very interesting idea. My only concern is that you order 3-4 shafts to try and find the correct shaft and yet you may not be looking for the right characteristics in a shaft. Its almost better to spend the 50-100 bucks and see a high end fitter so that they can guide you and put you into the right shaft off the bat 

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Jayjay0808...I agree. Also, the other situation that often arises is you demo a shaft, find one you like and order one, only to get it and find it's a different feel/result from what you demo'd. This isn't the case with our shafts... check out our video on our TBAR system, which is Tip To Butt Aspect Ratio and how we can duplicate same load/unload/recovery results, from shaft to shaft so they are the same and use feedback to fine tune results thru our Zone Flex control capabilities. By controlling load throughout the shaft and being able to replicate that, we can achieve a consistency like no other.each of our shafts comes with a TBAR sheet that records this info and is essence, a blueprint of how your shaft performs, which we can replicate. It's really the most advanced technology in Shafts:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tmJtAeS8cF0

And if anyone has any questions about Penley, feel free to ask. Our TBAR and Zone Flex Characterization processes are really believable. We have some informational videos on the technology and I can answer questions. Thanks!

Still to this day the Penley ETA and the old Stealth 70 are two of my favorite shafts of all time.... the ETA was awesome

:taylormade-small:  M3 460 9.5* - ACCRA TZ6 M5

:callaway-small:  X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X

TaylorMade Jetspeed 19* w Matrix HM9

Mizuno MP-63 4-P Project X 6.0

Cleveland RTX4 - 50, 54, 60

:odyssey-small:  Toulon Portland w P2 React Grip

:titelist-small: 2019 Players 4 -  :titelist-small: Pro V1

Oaks...thanks for your Penley accolades, we appreciate it. Our newest shaft, the ET3 Quasar is basically a continuation of the ETA shaft, but has a more advanced TBAR system. It really is a great shaft. Any questions about it, I'm happy to answer. Thanks

This sounds like a very interesting idea. My only concern is that you order 3-4 shafts to try and find the correct shaft and yet you may not be looking for the right characteristics in a shaft. Its almost better to spend the 50-100 bucks and see a high end fitter so that they can guide you and put you into the right shaft off the bat 

Yeah, a program like this is going to benefit the guy who already knows what type of shaft profile works and wants to try a couple out on the course.  

Getting fit is always a good idea, but I've seen it happen before where two shafts are really performing about the same and it all comes down to feel.  Most fitters aren't going to let you borrow those shafts and test them out on the course so this type of program is an easy way to do that.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Thank you thank you thank you for sharing this. Great idea. I got my eye on you T1100.

:srixon-small: Z765 (Project X HRZDUS Yellow 6.0 63g)

:srixon-small:  Z45 (Kuro Kage stiff flex 70g)

:srixon-small:  U65 20* (Miyazaki X-stiff)

:nike-small: VR Pro Combo 4-PW (Project X PXI 6.5)

:nike-small: Engage wedges 52* 58*

:wilson_staff_small: 8802

This is great. Shafts is the department I don't know much about when it comes to golf, all other areas I'm pretty knowledgeable. This will help tremendously when it come to selecting a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Archived