TESTERS WANTED! ×

Most forgiving/highest MOI driver on the Market today?

teehead

Yes and no. Distance...derived from ball speed, launch angle, and spin rates will differ based on impact position, dynamic loft, etc.. That's absolutely dependent on the golfer, and so the driver that provides ideal impact conditions will vary from golfer.

MOI, however, is a concrete, quantifiable measurement. It does not vary from golfer to golfer. The PING G will be higher MOI for every golfer relative to the M1 for example. It is an absolute.

The shaft does not impact that MOI measurement either. It will have some impact on closure rate and toe droop, but does not alter the actual MOI of the clubhead itself.

My first form reply; exciting! I get what you're saying and do agree to MOI specs. I should have posed it differently... what I was trying to get across is that neither head matters much if the shaft has you striping into the weeds. It seems like during a fitting I can get similar results with different heads as long as the shaft is the same. Having the wrong shaft even on the most forgiving head still makes for somewhat of a useless combo. This is fun!

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Archived