Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Cobra price drop

Noticed when I was in my local shop the other day, and now got an email on it.  Cobra dropped the price of their F6 drivers by 100 bucks.....curious what's going on, they haven't been out that long, are they really releasing a new driver already?

Capture.JPG

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

That's a more reasonable price for the F6 irons.

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

This is about the time in the season when Cobra starts dropping - nothing too uncommon for them.  Remember they are still on the 1 year product cycle launch schedule.  Close them out early in the season to generate sales and move remaining inventory prior to the next launch early this winter (I would imagine)

Interesting that the King LTD wasn't included - maybe that is sticking for more than 1 season?

:taylormade-small:  M3 460 9.5* - ACCRA TZ6 M5

:callaway-small:  X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X

TaylorMade Jetspeed 19* w Matrix HM9

Mizuno MP-63 4-P Project X 6.0

Cleveland RTX4 - 50, 54, 60

:odyssey-small:  Toulon Portland w P2 React Grip

:titelist-small: 2019 Players 4 -  :titelist-small: Pro V1

This is about the time in the season when Cobra starts dropping - nothing too uncommon for them.  Remember they are still on the 1 year product cycle launch schedule.  Close them out early in the season to generate sales and move remaining inventory prior to the next launch early this winter (I would imagine)

Interesting that the King LTD wasn't included - maybe that is sticking for more than 1 season?

Cobra usually is the first to start discounting.  I remember the Bio Cell line being discounted VERY early -- like April or May. 

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

hmmm..maybe it's not that odd then...i was just taken a little aback......$250 for the F6 seems very reasonable, I hit that at a demo days and really liked (not as much as the M1, but it's half the price)

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

http://www.mygolfspy.com/is-the-500-driver-bubble-about-to-burst/

Slow sales in May might have something to do with it as well.  The discounts were always coming but maybe a month or two early to try and capitalize on the remaining golf season in northern climates.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I got the same email yesterday......

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

... I have been writing reviews after visiting the PGA Show for 11 years now. I think the Fly Z might be the best all around driver ever released that combined forgiveness and lower spin over any forgiving driver I have played or tried to play. Usually forgiveness came hand in hand with too much spin. Had my best driving season ever in 2015 with the Fly Z Rogue Black combo and finally got to a + index due in large part to consistently longer and straighter drives. I really thought the Fly Z would be at least a 2 yr cycle driver. 

... But the F6 added a front weight position and is an advancement over the Fly Z IF you needed the front weight position. If you play the rear weight position there was no need to change. I talked a lot of people into at least trying the Fly Z and F6 and many have switched to them. I cannot in good conscience promote a new Cobra driver in 2017 if it isn't a demonstrative improvement over the Fly Z/F6. I love the folks at Cobra, especially the engineers in R&D and I hope the Sales Dept doesn't cannibalize the success Cobra has made with arguably the best driver line up currently available for the widest range of golfers. The LTD, F6+ and F6 all reach a different target audience although there is certainly some cross over. I am hoping Cobra gets this one right in 2017.

... All that said, $249 is a great deal on a killer driver, especially considering you can order one with a free upgrade to an Aldila Tour Blue/Green or Matrix White Tie.

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I know the f6+ sound wasn't a big hit but I love it, too bad the face dented, or I'd pick another one up

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Maybe their going 2 years of the King Line? those King CB irons are so sweet to hit, even for a (very)  high capper like me they felt so good. 

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Archived