TESTERS WANTED! ×

What equipment are you thinking about?

null

Enjoy them both. The Ping is probably my favorite Anser style putter. TR grooves feel great

Love the ER2. Similar headshape to an Odyssey 1Wide. Really great feel and balance to the putter. Heavier than the Ping so may take some getting used to depending on what you're coming from.

Plan on gaming the ER2 for the entire year

I putted with the Ping about 3 months ago when a rep had it in my local shop and it was fantastic...Reminded me of my old Scotty newport two.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Mizuno JPX-EZ 5 wood. I need something between my 3 wood and 3 hybrid.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I putted with the Ping about 3 months ago when a rep had it in my local shop and it was fantastic...Reminded me of my old Scotty newport two.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'd say if you you want the classic anser/plumbers neck blade, you won't do any better than the Ping Anser 2 Karsten TR. If you want something with a little-known more stability and tech while keeping a traditional look than for with the Evnroll

a 3 hybrid should go the same distance as a 5 wood

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

My 3 wood is good for about 250 off the deck (hit it farther and straighter than my driver), 3 hybrid is good for about 185-190.

21° 3 hybrid, 18° 5 wood.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a f6 baffler and at 21 degree apex ut super cheap. Can't wait to hit them.

Nice! Fill us in on how these each work out for you!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Nice! Fill us in on how these each work out for you!

Love the F6 baffler, it's awesome. The uT is a different vehicle. I didn't hit it well, but I think with some will grow on me.

The F6 was so impressive that I picked up a F7 3wood with some old trade in and a dicks gift card. Haven't hit that yet but looks great

I've kind of stayed away from this thread in fear of wanting to get something new, I really don't need anything new, or used. Lots of ideas of things to get, but not going to get anything really new until I sell or trade some thing off.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Single length. Not a fan of the cobra f7 one shafts but love the length.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

Single length. Not a fan of the cobra f7 one shafts but love the length.

Edel? Wishon?

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Edel? Wishon?

Probably Edel

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

Called my coach's fitting guy the other day. When I get a chance to head to New Orleans I'm going to go through an Edel irons fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Going to go with either a set of Srixon's or Cobra 1 length this year....

Have read the reviews and watched a lot of vids... Any opinions on either are welcome!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

I purchased the 765s recently. Played AP2s for a long time. The srixons are stunning!

Thanks!  Have a set of Cally Apex pros and I'm hoping I'm not making a mistake.   :(

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Thanks! Have a set of Cally Apex pros and I'm hoping I'm not making a mistake. :(

Depends on what you are looking for. I am not sure you will see ridiculous gains from the apex pro with the srixons but they are a great set. I'm not interested in the single length setup, so can't make an opinion either way.

Pondering the Z945 irons, but my MP-5 are working good for me.

Want to pull the trigger on the Z945's but have to wait.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

• 1 month later...

Had a great opportunity last week to visit Brad at the Wilson Innovation center and get fitted for my Triton. In addition was able to also get fitted for a new set of D300 irons! Can't wait to talk to him in a few hours and get them ordered. Just came across this picture on social media today from Corey at Wilson who I had the pleasure of playing 27 holes with in the fall. Really hoping I can order the D300's in blue!

IMG_0059.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I tried the new Taylormade P770 irons out yesterday and can't get the feel off the face out of my head. They have me pondering a search for some forged irons with better feel, that maybe won't set me back $1000.

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

Had a great opportunity last week to visit Brad at the Wilson Innovation center and get fitted for my Triton. In addition was able to also get fitted for a new set of D300 irons! Can't wait to talk to him in a few hours and get them ordered. Just came across this picture on social media today from Corey at Wilson who I had the pleasure of playing 27 holes with in the fall. Really hoping I can order the D300's in blue!

attachicon.gifIMG_0059.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i thought I heard those blue irons were a very limited edition. They were not made for mass market.

Sent from my iPhone while sitting at the 19th hole.

i thought I heard those blue irons were a very limited edition. They were not made for mass market.

Sent from my iPhone while sitting at the 19th hole.

That's what I am to understand too! Will find out in a little bit if I can get them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decided that I'm going back to Steelfiber shafts in my Srixons.  I had them in my 745s and when I upgraded to the 765s I decided to try out the KBS Tour V110.  I've really enjoyed the KBS shafts but after playing 5 rounds back-to-back last week the fatigue got to me.  Surprising what 15 grams difference can do over the course of that many consecutive rounds!

I'm also going to a straight 765 set instead of blending the 965s in the 8, 9 and PW slots.  Nothing wrong with that set up to be honest.  I didn't really get anything from the 965s but I feel like the 765s offer me a bit more confidence.

Sometimes I just want to go buy some good ol counterfeit Japanese irons. I would actually like to know how they perform. Are we all getting the shaft paying for the brand name or can these little companies really do the same thing?

IMG_4473.JPG

:srixon-small: Z765 (Project X HRZDUS Yellow 6.0 63g)

:srixon-small:  Z45 (Kuro Kage stiff flex 70g)

:srixon-small:  U65 20* (Miyazaki X-stiff)

:nike-small: VR Pro Combo 4-PW (Project X PXI 6.5)

:nike-small: Engage wedges 52* 58*

:wilson_staff_small: 8802

Sometimes I just want to go buy some good ol counterfeit Japanese irons. I would actually like to know how they perform. Are we all getting the shaft paying for the brand name or can these little companies really do the same thing?

attachicon.gifIMG_4473.JPG

Personally, too many angles that seem unnecessary, and for $1800 for 3-pw, they are not cheap.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I agree with the srixon 765. Hit them at the local golf store fantastic. I hit taylormade 770 Callaway apex pro mizuno and the 765's. Not only did I hit the srixon's about 5 yards longer but 3 out of 5 shots were hit within a foot of the direction line. Saving money now they are a winner

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Personally, too many angles that seem unnecessary, and for $1800 for 3-pw, they are not cheap.

I am saying the fake ones of these irons that you can find online. I know Epon makes high standard stuff but I've always wondered how good the counterfeit irons are? The ones you can find for $250 online. Just a thought.

:srixon-small: Z765 (Project X HRZDUS Yellow 6.0 63g)

:srixon-small:  Z45 (Kuro Kage stiff flex 70g)

:srixon-small:  U65 20* (Miyazaki X-stiff)

:nike-small: VR Pro Combo 4-PW (Project X PXI 6.5)

:nike-small: Engage wedges 52* 58*

:wilson_staff_small: 8802

At this point, still hoping to play golf within the next month, so I'm not seriously planning to purchase anything until I've had at least a few weeks of play to "knock the rust off."

That said, I'm very happy with the Ping irons I was fitted for last Fall, and intend to go back to 2nd Swing and get fitted for the top of my bag (Driver, Fairway wood, hybrid).  I dented the head on my driver last Fall and it no longer feels the same, need a 2nd fairway wood and I'm still gaming an old Cleveland Hibore hybrid that I've never been able to kick out of the bag with anything else, but doesn't necessarily gap all that well for me.

I'd also like to try an Edel fitting at Totally Driven, just because I've never had one and really liked the look and feel of "The Brick," when I tried one at the PGA show last year ;)

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Spider tour putter and epic are on my list. Gonna get a fitting for the putter for sure.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I am saying the fake ones of these irons that you can find online. I know Epon makes high standard stuff but I've always wondered how good the counterfeit irons are? The ones you can find for $250 online. Just a thought.

Stay FAR FAR away from counterfeit equipment. Clone stuff is another story but counterfeit is a big no no.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged