Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Guerin Rife - EVNROLL Putters

driveandputtmachine

What kinda custom stuff can they do?

Resting point angle, intersection point (overall length), weight, counter balance weight,loft with (forward press compensation) and grip.

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Resting point angle, intersection point (over length), weight, counter balance weight,loft with (forward press compensation) and grip.

Interesting, i kinda want one of these for next season

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I am so stoked!

I just received a call from Guerin Rife!  As I was selected to test his putters, he called to set up the putter that I will be reviewing.

You'll have to wait until the actual review is posted....BUT we had a terrific conversation reagarding my putters and the what I liked about them.  

Thank you Mr. Rife!

Now that's just awesome!  To have the actual putter designer/builder call you and talk to you...priceless!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Good read here folks! Looking forward to reviews as they come ⛳️

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I am so stoked!

I just received a call from Guerin Rife!  As I was selected to test his putters, he called to set up the putter that I will be reviewing.

You'll have to wait until the actual review is posted....BUT we had a terrific conversation reagarding my putters and the what I liked about them.  

Thank you Mr. Rife!

Now that's just awesome!  To have the actual putter designer/builder call you and talk to you...priceless!

MDGolfHacker

Yep, I finally was able to connect with Mr. Rife on Wednesday afternoon.   What a great conversation.  As the others mentioned I'll save a lot of the discussion for the first part of the review stage.  But I learned about things in the putter that I have always either taken for granted or had no clue about. 

What a privilege to be taking part in this particular testing and to get to speak to such a renowned person in the industry. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Can't wait to hear this! I definitely could use some putter help and maybe the tech in the putters can help out.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Yep, I finally was able to connect with Mr. Rife on Wednesday afternoon. What a great conversation. As the others mentioned I'll save a lot of the discussion for the first part of the review stage. But I learned about things in the putter that I have always either taken for granted or had no clue about.

What a privilege to be taking part in this particular testing and to get to speak to such a renowned person in the industry.

Looking forward to your take on these. I have a PGA Super Store 45 minutes away. Maybe I need to slide over to Atlanta and check one out

Cleveland

• 1 month later...

Okay.... I'm still very interested in these putters. I will probably pull the trigger, at some point before the season starts, on the ER1. 

Can someone help me out with what length is best? I'm not a tall guy... 5' 8.5" with 29" long legs.

My current putter is a Rife Aussie cut down to 32.5". It is 350 grams. I didn't notice any difference in feel when I cut .5" off of it. Will cutting .5" off of the EVN Roll make a huge difference because of the counter weight?

Obviously, I will get the 33"..... but I would rather have it shorter. Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Okay.... I'm still very interested in these putters. I will probably pull the trigger, at some point before the season starts, on the ER1.

Can someone help me out with what length is best? I'm not a tall guy... 5' 8.5" with 29" long legs.

My current putter is a Rife Aussie cut down to 32.5". It is 350 grams. I didn't notice any difference in feel when I cut .5" off of it. Will cutting .5" off of the EVN Roll make a huge difference because of the counter weight?

Obviously, I will get the 33"..... but I would rather have it shorter. Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Good question.

I will repeat what Mr Rife told me over the phone. Go with the shortest length that feels comfortable to you. It helps you make a more rocking of the shoulder stroke.

So that sounds like 32.5 in your case. I can't answer the weighting question completely. But I do know he mentioned something to the effect of if you cut a putter down then weight needs to be added to maintain the same feel and characteristics.

I would reach out to him on the website or Twitter. I know he'd be more than happy to give you the exact answer.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

The 2016 award article and this thread have forced me into biting the bullet on the ER2 model.

I will compare this extensively against the X7M in a semi controlled environment, before saying 'bye bye' to one of them. Cheers!

PING G SF  | 44.5'' @ 11*

PING G 5W | 18.5*

PING G 4H

PING G 5-PW

PING Glide 52/56/60

EVNROLL ER2 | SC Futura X7M 

The 2016 award article and this thread have forced me into biting the bullet on the ER2 model.

I will compare this extensively against the X7M in a semi controlled environment, before saying 'bye bye' to one of them. Cheers!

Nice pick up Gerard, that ER2 is the one that really intrigues me.  Looking forward to reading your thoughts. 

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

I am 5' 7" with wrist to floor measurement of 30 1/2".....This is the important measurement as one 5'8" could have a different wrist to floor than someone else the same height.

According to Mr Rife, the 30 1/2" gets me a 33" putter. He also said he wants the hands low and close in for the best swing.

Glad you are interested. I have the ER6 mallet and really like it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I am 5' 7" with wrist to floor measurement of 30 1/2".....This is the important measurement as one 5'8" could have a different wrist to floor than someone else the same height.

According to Mr Rife, the 30 1/2" gets me a 33" putter. He also said he wants the hands low and close in for the best swing.

Thanks, foz. I just measured and I'm exactly 30 1/2" wrist to floor with shoes on. Looks like 33" is it for me.

Glad to read "hands... close in."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Let the showdown begin :)

Screenshot_20170108-194857.jpg

I will say my initial impression with the evnroll is very good - although it will take much more than a 20 minute heater to make me put the SC away.

It looks very well put together, I much prefer the looks over the SC, and I didn't think I would.

PING G 5W | 18.5*

PING G 4H

PING G 5-PW

PING Glide 52/56/60

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20170108-194857.jpg

I will say my initial impression with the evnroll is very good - although it will take much more than a 20 minute heater to make me put the SC away.

It looks very well put together, I much prefer the looks over the SC, and I didn't think I would.

Looking forward to your thoughts on this showdown :) 

Cleveland

After the MGS review, I want one, but I can't pull it off right now... I love the tech and results!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same's true for me.

WITB:
Driver: Cobra King LTD
Fairway: Ping G25 (3)
Hybrid: Ping i25 (22 degree)
Crossover: Ping G 5
Irons: Ping i25 (5 -PW)
Wedges: Bridgestone J15 forged 50 and 55 degree
Putter: Cleveland TFi Elevado w/ Winn Pro grip.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20170108-194857.jpg

Curious why you chose that Evnroll model instead of the ER5.   Would have thought that would have given you a more consistent look.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Curious why you chose that Evnroll model instead of the ER5. Would have thought that would have given you a more consistent look.

True, but the semi-circle mixing with the edges at the back don't sit well with me. The Barbados version, had it of been available, may have got a look in tho!

PING G 5W | 18.5*

PING G 4H

PING G 5-PW

PING Glide 52/56/60

Also tell us how you went about doing the comparison. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Very sad day today........I lost my Get EVEN balł marker off my EVNRoll putter shoe today.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Very sad day today........I lost my Get EVEN balł marker off my EVNRoll putter shoe today.

I wish they had additional ball markers for sale on their site

No idea if they do or not, but have you tried calling customer service and asking?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I lost mine the second round I used it, and didn't even know it was a ball marker.

I called EVNroll and told them and they sent be 2 more.  I also got the "Story" about those ball markers.  Ends up they used a strong magnet on those head covers, if any of your irons in your bag touches the magnet part it pulls the ball marker off the head cover.  Called them up, and had the 2 more in the mail in a couple of days........ Now that's customer service.

If they dont extend he same courtesy to you.  PM me.  I will send you the extra one they sent me..... 

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

I lost mine the second round I used it, and didn't even know it was a ball marker.

I called EVNroll and told them and they sent be 2 more.  I also got the "Story" about those ball markers.  Ends up they used a strong magnet on those head covers, if any of your irons in your bag touches the magnet part it pulls the ball marker off the head cover.  Called them up, and had the 2 more in the mail in a couple of days........ Now that's customer service.

If they dont extend he same courtesy to you.  PM me.  I will send you the extra one they sent me..... 

That's really good info on the magnet and the irons.   i guess i didn't have that issue as I kept the putter in a well near my woods (something OCD  about keeping all the head-covers together..ha)

Just putted with my new ER1 today (on practice green). I am very impressed with it. Distance control was amazing. Held its line amazingly. I will play my first round with it on Friday. Can't wait.

We expect feedback with pictures!!  Good luck.   :)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Also tell us how you went about doing the comparison. 

Tonight I stuck on the Blast Golf analyser and focused on one stat, rotational change,  taking 50 putts with each.

Results:

Average rotational change: X7M  1.16*..............EVN 0.98*

% times  rotation change was X7M 48%................EVN 62%

(I am quite new to golf, so I will be looking to improve those numbers soon!)

I was not fit for either putter, so perhaps the default evnroll just happens to fit me better. I will keep playing around with both indoors for a few more days anyway

PING G 5W | 18.5*

PING G 4H

PING G 5-PW

PING Glide 52/56/60

Thanks Hula Rock, I may try to call them tomorrow after my shift at the club....starter tomorrow morning.

Archived