TESTERS WANTED! ×

Olympic Caddies - Medal Worthy?

The Dansome

• SPY VIP

Caddies at the Olympics.

Should caddies of medalists get a medal themselves?

Are the two a team? This isn't a paid business relationship, yet the international golf federation requires them to be there. They're not a coach who stands on the sidelines and doesn't participate.

Have your say.

- sent from space

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

To add to that, did they walk in the ceremonies?

Knoxville, TN. 6HDCP, Cally XR16 Driver, G25 3 wood, burner Rescue. Ping I E1 irons, Vokey SM5 52,56,60 & 2ball odyssey putter

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

The caddies do a lot for their players but if coaches in the other team sports don't get medals I don't know that theres much of an argument for the caddie. Coaches in the other sports participate by calling plays or making lineups and I think caddies have sort of the same function, in the end it's the player that makes the shot based on the play the coach called or the club the caddie suggests. As far as the opening ceremony I think it's the same philosophy, the athletes walk and the caddies do whatever the coaches and staff do for the other sports.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Good question. But I think Id have to say No. For much of the same reason Ethan says above.

As valuable as caddies can be, at the end of the day it's all about the player.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Caddies are wonderful and if they get attached to a good player they make a nice living.

They aren't hitting the shots though. I guarantee that if they could they would.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Archived