Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

New driver ideas?

How about - and it has been mentioned before - stop listening to conjecture and getting yourself fitted?

When you think about it, what is the actual worst that can happen?

Nobody is going to judge you, ask you to strip naked, or laugh at your swing. Nobody but yourself and (hopefully) your fitter will have any clue about what is right for your game.

And by being fitted, I don't mean walking into a store and hitting balls into a net with random shafts until you like the feel of one.

Stop wasting your own time (and internet troll time) and empower yourself into making the correct decision when it comes to choosing the right equipment for your game.

I think I may look into the jpx 900 driver, but I do want to get fitted to make sure it's the right fit for me with the right shaft. Especially since my driver is my area the I need to improve on. And but the troll time is kind of amusing

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver- Mizuno jpx Ez 9.5(set to low) with Matrix Red tie limited edition masters green with multicompound red platinum 44.5" f3 wood- Adams tight lies 16* Mitsubishi rayon fubuki x flex3-9 irons- Mizuno T-zoid pro irons s300 w sensicores47*, 56* Mizuno s5 wedge white satinPutter- odyssey #9 pro with super stroke 3.0All other clubs have different coloured multi compounds

• 2 weeks later...

Since you seem to favor Mizuno have you tried the MP 650 driver?  I switched to it at the beginning of the summer from a Titleist 913 D3 and glad I did.  Low spin driver that added quite a bit of distance and accuracy for me.  Slighty open face and I tend to fade the ball but have hit this straight as an arrow.  No bells and whistles just a solid driver.  I know fitting is best but man have I had a hard time finding a good one near me. Good luck!

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I'm going to ask the question that had been nagging at me for a while.  Why are you considering leaving the 9015D?  That Adams driver has mythical status as a low spinning, anti-left Cannon.  IMO, there is nothing being produced today that is measurably better for the High Launch, High Spin player. 

I have tried every major driver released in the past 15 years, and that 9015D is one of the few standouts for me.  However, if you are not a high speed/launch/spin player, there are about 10000 better options out there.  

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I love the look of the 650, its just classic! And in regards to getting rid of the 9015d I kinda just want a bit of an update. The club ho in me. I will still keep it around as back up.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver- Mizuno jpx Ez 9.5(set to low) with Matrix Red tie limited edition masters green with multicompound red platinum 44.5" f3 wood- Adams tight lies 16* Mitsubishi rayon fubuki x flex3-9 irons- Mizuno T-zoid pro irons s300 w sensicores47*, 56* Mizuno s5 wedge white satinPutter- odyssey #9 pro with super stroke 3.0All other clubs have different coloured multi compounds

Archived