Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Custom putter

Mizuno2

Anyone try milling there own putter, I don't have a mill and was wondering if it was possible with just basic tools. Thinking something simple but want to build it my self

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver- Mizuno jpx Ez 9.5(set to low) with Matrix Red tie limited edition masters green with multicompound red platinum 44.5" f3 wood- Adams tight lies 16* Mitsubishi rayon fubuki x flex3-9 irons- Mizuno T-zoid pro irons s300 w sensicores47*, 56* Mizuno s5 wedge white satinPutter- odyssey #9 pro with super stroke 3.0All other clubs have different coloured multi compounds

I'm not an expert, but my dad was a machinist and I helped him with work a few times. As far as I know, you need an actual mill, but you don't need those massive automated CNC machines. Scope out your local high school or community college. There are plenty of manual mills to be found. My dad taught a machinist course at the local college and making a putter was actually a final project. I wonder if you could convert a drill press into a mill with the correct bit. I suspect it might not have the horse power that the task-specific machine. They are basically the same kind of machine except that the drill press actuates vertically and the mills I have used do that plus have a platform that moves laterally underneath so that you can run the bit over the face. 

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

Thank you I may try that

Driver- Mizuno jpx Ez 9.5(set to low) with Matrix Red tie limited edition masters green with multicompound red platinum 44.5" f3 wood- Adams tight lies 16* Mitsubishi rayon fubuki x flex3-9 irons- Mizuno T-zoid pro irons s300 w sensicores47*, 56* Mizuno s5 wedge white satinPutter- odyssey #9 pro with super stroke 3.0All other clubs have different coloured multi compounds

Good luck! Ive restored a few old putters, and would love to learn machining/milling. Check to see if your area has a Hacker Lab, the one in my town is sponsored by the local junior college and has just about anything you could ever want to try a d play with, 3D printers, sand/bead blasting box, maybe even a Mill.

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

On 9/8/2016 at 11:09 AM, silver & black said:

A drill press isn't made for milling. It doesn't have adequate bearing support for lateral force that milling requires. You need a Bridgeport or a machine designed to do both jobs. A drill press is only designed for verticle force.

Plus this isnot as easy as it looks.

Archived