TESTERS WANTED! ×

Official Forum Member Review - Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder!

Sschaffer24

Precision-Pro-Rangefinder-5.jpg

OFFICIAL PRECISION PRO NEXUS RANGEFINDER REVIEW

Follow along as our four testers put the Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder to the test. Designed to offer all of the competitive advantages of the big boys at a fraction of the cost, can the Nexus deliver on those lofty goals? Read what our testers have to say and find out!

With that being said, let's meet our four testers!

BIG STU                    Stage One          Stage Two           Stage Three

Aotearoa_Brad          Stage One          Stage Two           Stage Three

Severtheties               Stage One          Stage Two           Stage Three

GolfingGreg               Stage One          Stage Two            Stage Three

Let us know what you think!

Visit Precision Pro's Website HERE

Visit Precision Pro's Facebook HERE

Visit Precision Pro's Twitter HERE

Visit Precision Pro's Instagram HERE

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Hello Folks I am Big Stu or Stuey what ever you want to call me. I am 59 years old and have been playing on and off since age 5 or so. My Dad was a Pro and ran a course and I grew up in the middle of it. Actually played Professional for a while on the Mini Tours never had the mental stability or discipline to make it to the big shows. I actually carry what I call 2 different handicaps because I play both regular golf and what some of us call strictly vintage with older blades and persimmon woods. I do not carry an official handicap because I have no use for the USGA period. I have a physically disabled friend who does my handicap and others too he has the software to do it with on his computer. On regular golf I have managed to maintain a 5 handicap despite not playing or practicing as much as I used to. On the strictly vintage playing shorter yardages with real woods I have a 3 handicap. My weakness is mostly course management always has been. My strengths is my wedge game and putting. My swing speed has slowed with age and I am not as far but accurate with my driver. My main miss is the dreaded rope hook and even though my hands have slowed with age it still can crop up. My stock shot is a baby cut.

Now being old school as heck I still have yardage books manually marked off from courses here that I actually played comp on. If you ever played Indian Wells GC in Garden City SC the yardage books you get there is dead off my old manual yardage book. 

My equipment is what you see in my signature yes that is my front line set even though I am going to switch irons to my forged CB Infiniti customs that were factory ground for me and I actually ran some of the prototype tests for them for Championship Golf and promoted Infiniti Golf equipment. In fact my Avatar pic I am posing with my Staff bag for them with a prototype set of Assure irons. Mostly now I play courses on the South end of the Grand Strand of South Carolina. I do venture out now and then to the Charlotte NC area where I was born and raised. My really big comp days are over even though I may slip in a Mini event around here if they have a senior or super senior division. I mostly play for fun with 2 or 3 different groups who ever calls me. I play a few small money matches with some guys that are retired and have a simular background as me. Actually not playing comp any more is more fun and I am loving the game even more than ever. 

I would like to thank MGS for the chance to do this test. R&D is one of my fun things and I do a lot of club tinkering and testing since I have my own little shop that is well equipped. Ok if I have not put you to sleep now I will do the honors and do my un boxing

Wow First impression that whole thing is small compaired to my old rangefinder which like me is an Antique

20160924_053316.jpg

It was packaged tight and that prevents damage Wow what a nice package they even threw in a bag of tees. Call me sentimental but little things mean a lot to me

20160924_053832.jpg

Man that thing is small compared to my old Bushnell Pro 1600. Note the duct tape on the Bushnell That was an inherent problem with those with the battery door coming open and the batteries falling out. Everyone who still uses them has either duct tape or rubber bands holding the door closed

20160924_054651.jpg

My first impression was like wow that thing is small but it fits in my hand good and is light compared to my old unit. Now I did try to attach the lanyard but evidently I am not dextrious enough with my huge hands or I am a complete klutz but with the way it fits in my hand I do not need it anyhow. And wow it is super light compared to my old unit. I also found the battery door and like the design of the battery securement with the battery sitting sideways. If in the future IF door problems occur it will not be too hard to secure the door. But with the design I do not for see any problem. Now that battery is an odd ball I have never seen a battery like that In fact I am going to call the company to see where I can get spares. I also like the carrying case as in it clips on the ring on my bag. My old unit has a bulky case and is a PITA to put on the bag in fact I carry it in the side pocket of my bag and leave the case at home. The instructions were easy to read even for a technical Klutz like me. First impressions which mean a lot to me was impressive

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Actual Test

I had told Shawn last week we would be lucky if I got a test in last weekend due to the weather but the weather man was wrong and the weather cleared. I had planned on it being an experimental day on the range because the course was wet. So I figured it would be a good day to test the Nexus Precision too. I had my recently rebuilt and reset Forged CB irons along with my trusty old Macgregors. Now my home course is Indian Wells in Garden City SC and I do all my testing on the range there. Our target poles are fixed and have been for years. I have manual yardage reference points fixed too in my range book to coincide with when they move the ropes in the turf areas. I still point and shoot and write down every time I practice and do research. I had my old dependable Bushnell with me to compare. I will note here it may be old and bulky but is is dead on as far as being accurate and I trust it and have for years. On the range I did my reference points manually which is simple I mark my spot in the ropes and march it off and do the math. After that I will shoot with the Bushnell and as usual the old gal was dead nuts on. Ok got that wrote down and hit it with the Nexus. Dead on it with one exception it is very detailed sorta mind blowing for an old redneck. The distance to the first flag was 85.5 with the Nexus. Shot all the flags with the Nexus and it was detailed as heck. I was not used to the 1/10th on the yardages which can make a difference sometimes. I also noticed with the Nexus that the focus was not as detailed as far as background but picks up the pins good which I happen to like because I am focused on the pin not the background unless she is about 21 years old and wearing a skimpy bathing suit. Actually that keeps me focused on the task at hand which is good for my course management.

Actually things worked out good and ended up playing 18. A doctor friend of mine showed up and wanted to play and he is a hoot to play with. He had his wife with him and she did not know anything about golf and it was her first time ever on a course period. My brain began to turn and I explained to them what I was doing. Now it was CPO but it worked out good. I showed her how to use the Nexus and she would point and shoot and write the yardage down and I would do the same thing using the Bushnell. I also used my reference points manually. Now I will note here I know most of my reference point yardages by heart since I have been playing that course for 15 years but for the sake of being honest and completely scientific I used my original book. I found the Nexus was quicker "getting to the point and result" than the Bushnell even when it was in the hands of the inexperienced person. Now when we played the back nine we switched rangefinders she took the Bushnell and I took the Nexus. I noticed with the Nexus that once I focused the eyepiece for me it stayed put for the entire round. Since the Nexus is much lighter it is easier to keep my hands more steady and I also think that may be due to the way it fits comfortable in my hand. I noticed that one of the other testers had posted that he could not get the Advanced Target Lock to work on his and customer service had told him it had been disconnected. Well mine works fine and that explains when you read the instructions why I did not have any background issues. Man I like it. I will note here a friend of mine just bought the latest Bushnell and it has the same feature and he had trouble with his and ended up returning it for a refund and is using his older one which is not that old any how. As a footnote my re engineered irons worked beautiful too.

Ended up Sunday after my church duties my wife and I played 9 holes. I let her click and shoot some with it. She had never ever used a rangefinder either and she found it easy to use. I did my manual thing old school and then let her tell me the Nexus number. Darn thing seemed dead on.

Tomorrow 10-01-16 the Nexus is going to get a Baptism by fire so to speak. I am playing a small money match at a course I have played quite a bit but not as much as my home course but I do have my manual yardage books on it too that were done by a LPGA caddy since they played several LPGA events there in the past and I myself have played in comp on that course. Will add to this report tomorrow

10-01-16 Report

Played a course called  Wachesaw East which is a great course. Like I said before it hosted several LPGA events back in the 90s. What a course!

It was very wet though. My buddy had his newest Leuopold finder after taking his Bushnell in. He was very pleased with his new purchase. It set up a battle of the rangefinders so to speak. IMHO the Nexus was pretty accurate for what it is. We varied by maybe a yard or 1/10 th of a yard so to speak all day long. He pointed out that he paid over $500 for his though. I did not take the old Bushnell with me since he had his and his brother had an older Bushnell that was newer than my old one. In a nutshell the Nexus held it's ground with the other more expensive ones. The Nexus was pretty dead on with the old yardage books when I paced it off some. It was good enough for me. Like to say I played good but I was on and off and I am trying to get the forged CBs dialed in. The Nexus was on IMHO but I was not.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I am going to do my summary since we have a hurricane coming in and I am not sure if we are going to drag up or stay put. Do not know if we will have power outages or not

Performance-- I was pretty darn impressed with the performance of mine. It seems really easy to use for me. I like the weight and size compaired to my old Bushnell. It does seem to get on the target quicker. It is pretty darn accurate IMHO. I think it is easy to use because 2 novices had no problem at all with it

Subjective

The packaging looks spiffy so to speak marketing did a good job on that end. Appearance is good. It is a sharp little unit.

Durability-- Time will tell. It is supposed to be water resistant but the cases do not fit good together around the lanyard area and I think in the future it may lead to moisture related problems especially in a harsh salt air environment like I live in. I do not know if it is as tough as that old Pro 1600 Bushnell because it has been through hell and back. I used to have a magnet mount (made locally) for the top post on a cart and that poor old thing has been known to bounce off of it. I do not think the Nexus can take what it has taken on that end. I figure if I had purchased it for the price compaired to the prices of other rangefinders that if it lasted a couple of seasons or more I would get my money's worth.

I do have a couple of gripes though. The oddball size battery is an issue with me. Normally if I go to play and check my old finder an 9 volt double post battery is easy to find at any grocery or drug store. I do not know where to get these batteries yet unless it is at a battery specialty store. The case uses a magnet closure and you have to line it up just right to get it to securely close. Really these are the only gripes I have and honestly I have to remind myself that this is not a $500 or more unit so some little things should be expected and accepted.

Overall I would have to say that it is a bang for the buck. I had actually looked at them before this test came up and I was accepted for it. In fact both locally owned and operated golf stores near me sell these same units. In fact I sent my Doctor friend to one and he purchased one because his wife liked mine. I have since getting mine recommended it to quite a few others because they have stated range finders cost too much and they were not going to pay $500 or more for one. In a nutshell I would say price versus performance the folks at Nexus have hit a home run. Really doing the calculations in my head since I am posting fast I would have to give it overall 85 out of 100

Now after this storm is over I plan to do more testing and evaluation and will post more.

G

bVXcxKMVDCVb6kOpdNHOa-aqG10YWfLRDkt9GNU1

Stage One - Introduction

Aotearoa_Brad background – I’m a 36 year old Healthcare Executive living/working (in that order) on the North Shore of Oahu, Hawaii. My wife and I have two girls (5 and 3 years old) and so my time spent practicing and playing is much less than I’d like it to be. I grew up in New Zealand but we made the move to Hawaii almost 3-years ago and totally love the lifestyle here – lots of great, if expensive, courses… just need to find more time to play them all.

I’m a solid 15.4 hcp, and if I were to describe my game in a single word it’d be “inconsistent” – a round for me will typically consist of a couple of birdies but also multiple bogeys and the odd double thrown in for good measure. I’ve eliminated the blowout hole for the most part, which has been a big change in my game over the last year. I’m not a power player so do rely pretty heavily on mid-irons to reach greens. Thus, for me, accurate yardages are critical. This is why I am so excited to put this through its paces.

UG7rnuV0dLB7XOrtA59J8sqSbfimSbDntoGtlgax

In the bag (currently):
  • Driver: Cobra Bio Cell 10.5deg Stiff 
  • FW: Tour Edge Exotics XCG6 16.5deg 4-wood Stiff
  • Irons: TMaG RSi2 3 - AW Stiff
  • Wedges: Sonartec East Coast T46 in lofts 56 and 60 deg
  • Putter: Seemore M3 center shafted mallet
My bag really is a reflection of my game and my personality... a little bit of everything. The irons have been the newest addition to the bag, but I feel like I could use a little more forgiveness so they also will probably be the next thing to be swapped out as well. Forgiveness is slowly becoming the biggest key for me with clubs - I don't play or practice enough and when I do I want it to be as enjoyable as possible... but my "inner smeagle" does crawl out from the cave every now and then for shiny things that I have no business messing with...

TUFLEgEfd-PVcbo57cQVzBR_pX5W9QP55vQ3SehC

I’m not currently using a range finder, and am utilizing the VoiceCaddie T1 Hybrid GPS watch for yardages which is great for what it is, but it does have its limitations—namely that it only provides for front/middle/back distances and relies on accuracy of GPS course markings. Voicecaddie has the back and front nines switched  for the course I play regularly  which, whike not the end of the world, is a frustration. So the main critical criteria for me with a rangefinder are threefold:
  • Size
  • accuracy
  • Ease of use
These will be the main criteria I’ll be basing my review of the PRECISIONPRO Nexus Rangefinder on.

xi5qPSri_r-V4BrdjEKYpjiYzkSr8oAfWheX0ArY

First impressions are that this is a really compact unit. There are some hints at why this may be cheaper than other models on the market, such as the plastic moulded housing - the sides don't fit perfectly together, especially at the lanyard attachment site. Because of this, I haven't attached the lanyard and am unlikely to. This doesn't factor highly for me though, as I'm most concerned with how accurate and user-friendly the rangefinder is - and this will come down primarily to the optics.

The unit is easy to hold steady and was sent with a protective case which looks as though it can withstand some abuse, which is important.

Let me know if there are specific questions that you're interested in having answered and I'll endeavor to work these into the main review section.

XstRBT7U5_rbZwkda9j2KNkZXzeces_Lc3HSLuyT

headerfinal.jpg

PrecisionPRO Nexus – Official MGS Forum Review by Aotearoa_Brad

Aloha all. As I've mentioned, I'm a 36 year old Healthcare Executive living and working on Oahu, Hawaii. My available golf time for practicing and playing is limited and so, while I am as competitive a guy as anyone else, enjoyment is a primary factor for me.

I'm a solid 15.4 hcp, and if I were to describe my game in a single word it'd be “inconsistent” – which Hula can attest to. I've eliminated the blowout hole for the most part, though my recent round with Hula in San Antonio TX started with a snowman and finished with a snowman so clearly they're not completely gone. I rely pretty heavily on mid-irons to reach greens and so accurate yardages are critical.

I have actually gone the last 20 years golfing without a rangefinder. I've always used either a phone GPS or most recently the VoiceCaddie T1 Hybrid GPS watch. I'm a big fan of the GPS watch and don't have any issues wearing one while playing golf. Clearly there are limitations—namely that it only provides for front/middle/back distances and relies on accuracy of GPS course markings—but they've never seemed big enough to fork out for a rangefinder. Having said that, I was super excited to be able to put the PrecisionPRO Nexus to the test to see if this would give me any measurable gains.

In the bag (currently):

Driver: Cobra Bio Cell 10.5deg Stiff

FW: Tour Edge Exotics XCG6 16.5deg 4-wood Stiff

Irons: TMaG RSi2 3 - AW Stiff

Wedges: Sonartec East Coast T46 in lofts 56 and 60 deg

Putter: Center-shafted Seemore M3

WITB.JPG

Performance

Performance on the Course

Ease of Use: The unit comes ready to go with battery included so you literally just take it out of the box and you're good to go. I've played 4 rounds with the Nexus now and it worked perfectly for three of them… the second round, however, was extremely frustrating. I had travelled to San Antonio, TX for a conference and managed to arrange a round with MGS member Hula Rock. We got to the first tee, I pulled out the Nexus and was showing Hula, lined it up to shoot a lay-up spot on the dogleg and the battery was dead. Having only used the Nexus for one round I wasn't carrying a spare battery, so that was that. I have no idea whether the battery was just a dud, or if the unit I received had been used for testing prior to me receiving it, but it was extremely frustrating.

I am glad to say that I'm two rounds into the new battery and no issues – I'll be keeping track of the number of rounds I get out of the next battery (and yes, I have a spare in my golf bag now). The battery frustration aside, the Nexus is super easy to use – point and shoot and it locks onto the target very easily.

Feel: It's small, light and (importantly) has the same geometry on both sides so the ergonomics are the same whether you are left or right handed (I'm left handed… but play golf right handed… for the record I never claimed to be normal). It's actually a tad on the too light side and may be easier to keep steady if it was a little weightier.

Routine & Effect on Course Management: I am used to walking up to my shot, getting the distance from my GPS watch and then pulling a club based on that. Sub out GPS watch for range finder and my routine is exactly the same… with one exception – now I can get the actual distance to the flag rather than guessing how far it is placed from the front/center/back distance I had with the GPS watch. I won't go as far as saying it is life-changing, but it does make a difference to my confidence levels knowing that I am choosing the correct club.

Overall Performance: The Nexus is definitely helping me to lower my scores. All three of my “Nexus-enabled” rounds have been in the mid-80s, which equates to big consistency improvements for me. My priorities going into this testing were for ease of use, compact size and accuracy. I feel like I need to deduct some points for reliability simply for the battery issue, but I'm definitely pleased with the performance so far.

Course Score: 45 (Out of 60 points)

shooting.jpg

Subjective

Looks & Durability

I think that they really have a winner with the color scheme (black/white/zombie green). Its funny really because, as you can see from the picture below, it definitely fits with the look I'm going for…

allgreen.jpg

Seriously though, the Nexus is a little on the basic looking side. As has been mentioned, there is a gap where the two plastic side-moldings meet for the lanyard which basically makes the lanyard unusable. The Nexus is a bit like Glenn Close – very good at what she does, but probably a bit too plain-jane to actually win an Oscar.

I'm confident in long-term durability – the Nexus is solid and simple. There is nothing hanging out that can break off and the carry-case provides good protection from both the elements and light knocks. I would be disappointed if this didn't last two-three years, and at $170 (with $30 rebate currently available until the end of 2016) that makes for good value.

Looks Score: 18 (Out of 25 points)

focus.jpg

Likelihood of Purchase

If I didn't already have the testing unit I wouldn't have any hesitations in purchasing the PrecisionPRO Nexus.

I really think that the Nexus provides good value for money. It is simple (no slope or anything like that) but does what it does well and the layout is very reasonable.

LOP Score: 13 (Out of 15 points)

Conclusion & Final Score

If you'd asked me just after my San Antonio round and “battery-gate” my impressions of the Nexus they would have been very different to what they are now. Putting the dud-battery aside, I have been very pleased with the performance of the PrecisionPRO Nexus.

The Nexus has ample but not exhaustive features and won't ever be the star of the show, but I'd argue that golfing accessories shouldn't be. The battery reliability was regrettable, and I understand that this may be covered by the warranty (watch this space – I have a call in to customer service and will let you know how it goes).

EDIT: I just received a call from the Co-Founder and they are sending a couple of replacement batteries out to me. This is top-notch... issues happen from time-time but how you handle them from a Customer Service perspective makes a big difference. Well done PrecisionPRO.

Ultimately I found the Nexus to be accurate, quick to lock onto targets, and did not disrupt or cause unnecessary delays to my rounds. Those are all positives in my book and may just get the Nexus a best supporting actor award.

Total Score: 76 (Out of 100 points)

contents.JPG

Hey Everyone. My name is Jason. I am 30 years old and have been playing golf since I was 6. I currently live in Columbus, OH but growing up I moved around some. When I was 10-11 my family lived next to a PGA pro. Our houses backed up to a corn field so I spent many nights hitting shag golf balls into the field with our next door neighbor and his son getting free lessons. We moved a few other times after living there and my Dad was always a member of a country club. This meant I was able to have unlimited golf and range time especially during the summer. It also allowed me to get some lessons. I golfed all the way though high school competitively. I stopped once college hit. I was still able to play though the summers but the rest of the year was dedicated to school and bowling. Bowling was my main sport though those times.

I have always loved how hard the game is. I also love being able to just be outside in my surroundings with only myself, whoever I'm playing with, and a little white ball. I tend to turn my phone off when I play or keep it on silent. It's one of the only times I feel I can completely detach from my surroundings.

Fast forward about 10 years and I've played some summers more than others depending on what life hands me. I'm currently sitting at a 15 handicap though I haven't played enough for an official handicap this year. I would say that my strength is my short irons, short game, and putting. Every other club is a tossup depending on the day. My drive is the real wild card. Some days its straight all day and most others there's no rhyme or reason as to where it goes.

I recently bought some used SLDR irons that I hit pretty well. It replaced my Mizuno blades that I used to be good enough to hit well. The SLDR irons have allowed me to have more of a baby draw shot shape rather than a cut. This shape fits my eye better. As my playing time continues to drop, having irons that are more playable and I'm able to hit further has become more important. I love testing clubs and have built some of my own such as my driver (see signature).

I currently don't own a rangefinder or a GPS. In most cases I'm usually playing with someone who owns one and will borrow their rangefinder. If not, most courses I play still have yardages on sprinkler heads and I will use those numbers. Unfortunately my game isn't always good enough to need an exact yardage to a pin, more just to the center of the green. I will say that some courses sprinkler head yardages are way off though so having a rangefinder to use is becoming increasingly important for me.

One area I've also struggled in is distance control. I'm hoping that having the Precision Pro's help both on the range as well as on the course can help me dial in better numbers which is something I've not been able to do in the past! I'm excited to text my theory.

PP1.jpg PP2.jpg PP3.jpg PP4.jpg PP5.jpg

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

PrecisionPRO Nexus – Official MSG Forum Review by Jason Robinson

PP1.jpg

Hello again everyone! Just to give a very short recap of stage 1, I'm 30 years old and I live in Columbus, Ohio. My wife and I have one son (17 months old) and since my stage 1 review, have found out we're expecting our second child in June. So I was hoping for a complete overhaul of my game in the spring for the 2017 season but it looks like that will be put off for another year.

I'm currently around a 15 handicap. I unfortunately haven't been able to play enough rounds over the past few years for an official handicap. I have been able to improve my driver play in recent years with some tweaks and new equipment which has drastically helped. With that being said I'm still usually good for 4-5 crazy hooks or super slices out of bounds each round which leads to plenty of snowmen. My iron play has been the backbone of my game for as long as I can remember.

The days of walking off yardage from sprinkler heads and 150 yard bushes seem to be going by the wayside. I've never owned a GPS (other than phone apps which always seemed to kill my battery by the turn) or a rangefinder. Luckily, I'm almost always playing with someone who does have one or the other and is willing to let me use it. With that being said, I've always wanted one of my own and I'm very excited to have had the opportunity to test this product.

As far as equipment I'm currently playing Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta head with a Paderson shaft at 44”. I picked up a Nike Vapor Fly 3 wood at 15* when Nike Golf went under and like it a lot. For Irons I picked up some Taylor made SLDR 4-pw irons with the stock KBS C-Taper 90 shafts. I had to replace my previous irons which were older Mizuno blades that I couldn't hit anymore due to my lack of play. Wedges are Edel 54* and 58* in the Digger grind and my putter is a 2015 GoLo 3 that I won during the Masters in 2015 off an online entry.

Performance

Performance on the Course

Ease of Use: All in all the PrecisionPRO has been a breeze to use. It is ready to go right out of the box. There are instructions that come with it but frankly, its point and shoot. I've been able to use this at both the range as well as on the course a few times. I'll get into this a little later, but the on course performance was better than at the range.

Feel: The PrecisionPro felt great in the hand. It is small and lightweight. The rubber or silicone exterior made me feel like I always had a good grip. It is also a good palm size which I think is important for rangefinders. The ability to hold the unit still while shooting a target is very important. Some rangefinders that are smaller I find hard to target with. The PrecisionPro was the perfect size.

Routine and Course Management: Having a rangefinder to use on basically every shot did help with my routine actually. I tend to play really fast and not take my time when I pull up to a ball. Having the range finder helped me take my time to scope every shot and really think about my play. It also helped me with my course management. My only complaint thus far is the unit's ability to shoot non flag targets such as a bunker. The numbers I would get would be all over the place when trying to get yardage to a hazard. I did find this a bit frustrating. With that being said, the hazards I was able to shoot helped me in deciding whether I was going to try to go for a target or not.

Overall Performance: Having a more exact distance other than my educated guesses or a front/middle/back yardage that a GPS may give me has certainly helped. I can't say that it has lowered my scores yet but I'd say that I'm much more consistently hole high rather than all over a green as before. The shape and size of the PrecisionPRO is very attractive and the price seems unbeatable compared to similar units. If someone had handed me this and it was unmarked, I wouldn't know have known the different between it and a similar $300-400 unit.

Course Score: 50 (Out of 60 points)

Subjective

Looks & Durability

I love how the PrecisionPro looks. The bright green with the black and white is just my taste. My golf bag is similar to a Nike Volt color so I like the bright colors. It also makes it easy to find in a bag or cart. The black around the edges makes it easy to grip and is also the area that would discolor the quickest as in most cases it is where most people would grip it. As far as durability goes – so far it has been fine. The case that comes with it is very well made and does a great job protecting the unit. I think time will as to the full durability.

Looks Score: 20 (Out of 25 points)

Likelihood of Purchase

As I stated earlier, if you would have handed me the PrecisionPro and told me it cost $300 I wouldn't have known otherwise. I think the PrecisionPRO is a great value. It is a solid unit with a great price. There are no bells and whistles which I like. It just works. It was just as accurate to within 1 yard as any other unit it was tested against.

LOP Score: 15 (Out of 15 points)

Conclusion and Final Score

I've been in the market for a range finder for quite some time. Due to the price of most units you'd find at any local golf shop and the fact that 90% of my playing partners have some sort of range finder or GPS already I've never pulled the trigger. If it weren't for the fact that I was able to test this unit, I would have bought one after reading the reviews for the price. Great Unit. Great Price.

Final Score: 80 (Out of 100 points)

PP2.jpg

Hello GolfSpy Community!

My name is Greg and I'm an avid golfer. I play every week when the weather is nice and hit the range every day. My handicap is 11 and currently I'm fighting a pull draw. Something to do with an over the top swing I'm told. Lol!

I don't use a range finder now but some of my buddies have and I'm interested in seeing if a laser range finder will help me zero in on the actual yardage. Since I travel quite a bit, I play unfamiliar courses. I use the Golfshot app on my phone to get distance now but sometimes the GPS or course mapping isn't precise.

I've been playing golf for about 20 years and enjoy the challenge of the game. I typically walk the course. Besides getting a little exercise, I find walking helps me focus and play better.

About two years ago I picked up a set of Titleist AP1 (gap wedge through #5) irons. I tried the forged AP2s but decided I need the forgiveness of the AP1s. I have a Taylormade R11 driver, Diablo 3 wood, Cleveland 56 and 62 degree wedges and recently purchased #3 and #4 Taylormade Rescue Hybrids. I still use a standup putter but my colleagues are giving me a funny look now that we're not suppose to use them anymore. I'm shopping for a new putter, however since I'm a lefty, it's difficult to try them out due to limited selection. 😒

Here are my first impressions of Precision Pro Rangefinder:

- I put the lanyard on and it promptly came off the range finder because the two halves aren't quite tight. The lanyard string slipped between the gap. See pic.

- I'm your typical man (so my wife says) and I never read instructions. However, since I'm an "official tester" I figured I would read them this time. They indicate there are two modes. 1) Advance Targeting (pick out a spefici target) and 2) Distance Scanning Mode (provides continuous reading of range as you scan multiple targets). I followed the instructions exactly but couldn't get it into scanning mode. Hmmmmm..... so I called customer support. Turns out they disabled scanning mode because it was too confusing and they got a lot of complaints. It would have been nice to update the instructions...

- The range finder uses a strange size Lithium battery that I'll have to search around for. Would have been nice to use a couple AAAs so when they die right before my round I can replace them easily.

Ok, let's shake of the negative vibes and see how the Precision Pro performs.

- Really good optics. Reminded my of a Leupold range finder my buddy has for bow hunting. Very clear and in focus all the way to the edges. Does well in low light too.

- Fits well in my hand. Buttons are easy to use and well placed.

- Very consistent readings. I have a flag off my deck that has those little mirrors to help lasers see it. 184.5 yards every time. Not sure if it's accurate yet.

I'll be putting the range finder to the test on a couple different courses in the coming weeks. Hit me up if you have a particularly challenging test you'd like me to do.

- Greg

IMG_7044.JPG

IMG_7045.JPG

IMG_7047.JPG

IMG_7049.JPG

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Actual Test

I had told Shawn last week we would be lucky if I got a test in last weekend due to the weather but the weather man was wrong and the weather cleared. I had planned on it being an experimental day on the range because the course was wet. So I figured it would be a good day to test the Nexus Precision too. I had my recently rebuilt and reset Forged CB irons along with my trusty old Macgregors. Now my home course is Indian Wells in Garden City SC and I do all my testing on the range there. Our target poles are fixed and have been for years. I have manual yardage reference points fixed too in my range book to coincide with when they move the ropes in the turf areas. I still point and shoot and write down every time I practice and do research. I had my old dependable Bushnell with me to compare. I will note here it may be old and bulky but is is dead on as far as being accurate and I trust it and have for years. On the range I did my reference points manually which is simple I mark my spot in the ropes and march it off and do the math. After that I will shoot with the Bushnell and as usual the old gal was dead nuts on. Ok got that wrote down and hit it with the Nexus. Dead on it with one exception it is very detailed sorta mind blowing for an old redneck. The distance to the first flag was 85.5 with the Nexus. Shot all the flags with the Nexus and it was detailed as heck. I was not used to the 1/10th on the yardages which can make a difference sometimes. I also noticed with the Nexus that the focus was not as detailed as far as background but picks up the pins good which I happen to like because I am focused on the pin not the background unless she is about 21 years old and wearing a skimpy bathing suit. Actually that keeps me focused on the task at hand which is good for my course management.

Actually things worked out good and ended up playing 18. A doctor friend of mine showed up and wanted to play and he is a hoot to play with. He had his wife with him and she did not know anything about golf and it was her first time ever on a course period. My brain began to turn and I explained to them what I was doing. Now it was CPO but it worked out good. I showed her how to use the Nexus and she would point and shoot and write the yardage down and I would do the same thing using the Bushnell. I also used my reference points manually. Now I will note here I know most of my reference point yardages by heart since I have been playing that course for 15 years but for the sake of being honest and completely scientific I used my original book. I found the Nexus was quicker "getting to the point and result" than the Bushnell even when it was in the hands of the inexperienced person. Now when we played the back nine we switched rangefinders she took the Bushnell and I took the Nexus. I noticed with the Nexus that once I focused the eyepiece for me it stayed put for the entire round. Since the Nexus is much lighter it is easier to keep my hands more steady and I also think that may be due to the way it fits comfortable in my hand. I noticed that one of the other testers had posted that he could not get the Advanced Target Lock to work on his and customer service had told him it had been disconnected. Well mine works fine and that explains when you read the instructions why I did not have any background issues. Man I like it. I will note here a friend of mine just bought the latest Bushnell and it has the same feature and he had trouble with his and ended up returning it for a refund and is using his older one which is not that old any how. As a footnote my re engineered irons worked beautiful too.

Ended up Sunday after my church duties my wife and I played 9 holes. I let her click and shoot some with it. She had never ever used a rangefinder either and she found it easy to use. I did my manual thing old school and then let her tell me the Nexus number. Darn thing seemed dead on.

Tomorrow 10-01-16 the Nexus is going to get a Baptism by fire so to speak. I am playing a small money match at a course I have played quite a bit but not as much as my home course but I do have my manual yardage books on it too that were done by a LPGA caddy since they played several LPGA events there in the past and I myself have played in comp on that course. Will add to this report tomorrow

10-01-16 Report

Played a course called Wachesaw East which is a great course. Like I said before it hosted several LPGA events back in the 90s. What a course!

It was very wet though. My buddy had his newest Leuopold finder after taking his Bushnell in. He was very pleased with his new purchase. It set up a battle of the rangefinders so to speak. IMHO the Nexus was pretty accurate for what it is. We varied by maybe a yard or 1/10 th of a yard so to speak all day long. He pointed out that he paid over $500 for his though. I did not take the old Bushnell with me since he had his and his brother had an older Bushnell that was newer than my old one. In a nutshell the Nexus held it's ground with the other more expensive ones. The Nexus was pretty dead on with the old yardage books when I paced it off some. It was good enough for me. Like to say I played good but I was on and off and I am trying to get the forged CBs dialed in. The Nexus was on IMHO but I was not.

Great start Stu

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/bVXcxKMVDCVb6kOpdNHOa-aqG10YWfLRDkt9GNU19st9eH4aNA3whjAJEFj-SjR1YMj9DWuJADcuCG6EtwlaCKG4YTJul7GqaM1uzEwYT-bsa0srU6p1trHBLOwsi2j3ec42OcPrWSGqicp2R4jl8p7JvHnjPxG0plgNVLyVkTqiag3mE3JdUu9mYdlgoyxY_JQ2sQjgZjfr0viz8z7H8Kcb0h4NcfDPIlDI9cbsnC9jsBQBWFJnRiEBu6FtHruh8KN_sqyVQSAMg3Z93VxCZnbgdso-Icsig-j3TBncD3B2FDGi4uHyw4YviVgUJ-Y3T8hvqNSGxSnpdizy9FuXcA3JHfqEgbjlDFvTnCfu3p6YicqnGFwY12RwVvdxHtN0qyCni0eK4ifMx1hwe5I6woNsN_klpaGdB7gMz2K_DCn2T34kJRK_pb0KSz3Md4OYpZySPXCy-IFX4mHgnN_Eg-dsgJ-4xPiWu4a30lwfuFyTP8nACwX7gfEFih0xYQdtXurClb7GDSuriIo7LwrdsI_yYavX7t0ywr3GozFQ86awRMPRPy79FifvKVOY7a-jaQwqCRUuCWzo9RVZ_KaMk08s2SEbp6YfXwqRlsNUawET4gVV=w800-h238-no

Stage One - Introduction

Aotearoa_Brad background – I'm a 36 year old Healthcare Executive living/working (in that order) on the North Shore of Oahu, Hawaii. My wife and I have two girls (5 and 3 years old) and so my time spent practicing and playing is much less than I'd like it to be. I grew up in New Zealand but we made the move to Hawaii almost 3-years ago and totally love the lifestyle here – lots of great, if expensive, courses… just need to find more time to play them all.

I'm a solid 15.4 hcp, and if I were to describe my game in a single word it'd be “inconsistent” – a round for me will typically consist of a couple of birdies but also multiple bogeys and the odd double thrown in for good measure. I've eliminated the blowout hole for the most part, which has been a big change in my game over the last year. I'm not a power player so do rely pretty heavily on mid-irons to reach greens. Thus, for me, accurate yardages are critical. This is why I am so excited to put this through its paces.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/UG7rnuV0dLB7XOrtA59J8sqSbfimSbDntoGtlgaxSqU-kXsVu5e9LqN-q_PQn44OTspUiITAJeW4fVNbhNO47QNxaHJ94Cz35qeAowEJpEBILAYe0HFm4G69V4IL3BpnDV44hYyLzxJBbLAMDGqfOd-ZR4TZenQ140pzVlXlkvzrknHgFujfJBHfw21r4D5zpVPLeS4exmNwzqUh1ga0DCOlNTy1v4fTiPL9Qu8HOSLV7TqOBkIfO4Bxjxu9Jz_yXf9TD_cxUv9K--Vhf7O5d55Y9oa9UHv0oGdkCKwqCDCGNrkOuM9B0k9tTF7TDb8NYiZdgmWhzDT3gtjT1N7TX5GbH0F8HlUnQPculfBHJJjZJNL2Yit9WvHSaPQAwhAepGZ5HhsF0C-xNU6rSvIcJLSZytN8AmhtyyLtJyOyqKHbpli5YH8w8DJ_nUWJPGBqwJ_wiWkVpCO28Yee80vbOt6fO5gr-eLX3jEHO8eSgBO0G9wFuWZQA9qgdGTTo4_QoOU46ZB2ie3oHDUEyDR4S04SjH59GaqccmDOyKOf_W3RECnM7WrI9mlO__13FsFdnYVLUiPiOcDCBCDhWoUV2-UuEXkpPtMr2CK9L-sVxocYqrOv=w800-h600-no

In the bag (currently):

• Driver: Cobra Bio Cell 10.5deg Stiff
  • FW: Tour Edge Exotics XCG6 16.5deg 4-wood Stiff
  • Irons: TMaG RSi2 3 - AW Stiff
  • Wedges: Sonartec East Coast T46 in lofts 56 and 60 deg
  • Putter: Seemore M3 center shafted mallet
My bag really is a reflection of my game and my personality... a little bit of everything. The irons have been the newest addition to the bag, but I feel like I could use a little more forgiveness so they also will probably be the next thing to be swapped out as well. Forgiveness is slowly becoming the biggest key for me with clubs - I don't play or practice enough and when I do I want it to be as enjoyable as possible... but my "inner smeagle" does crawl out from the cave every now and then for shiny things that I have no business messing with...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/TUFLEgEfd-PVcbo57cQVzBR_pX5W9QP55vQ3SehCpa-zeF_D8S5wF5h3Vh3Wf81ixevRlDLj3A7BI4l8ZsnGyw_icHlS5YtFC7Uaae1K_1089PbYRqaLyI0Cv2-65mTKXdc9FroGHypaTolckSZHp9bvkOpGf1f1yOTCfHnQ3samTAroPm0I_hqXYSMEAs6s1F5OOmBmBq2R2n-J_tzr-5FZuncJc22Q_Wr5fa9b2l1jZUSqxJqlgsUkeka2m0unxNC2GeNzCo4g8s3mzrTcnQ53Cf7t-EIiD_Qm9_uwl0hLH8QR5ZicDzU6ZisV1yjUgN14tN8KnvZs8IjDh34M2FbeHfKJa2WFhwOWDyx7qKoVByAq0-4Fu25sq1aXU_BOtMNGoqn_Lj3iExrAnqPYIqCIVlmVAZTEccmOYOxh3yyfN5At1CJLUFBJ8QG2hybMJNr5nwyFYv3ua2TTo0osfvtaBGKOgpidgMYXANfuPIDglNPCt3IYJUqXrXXV8a9DKdKFln0HBdL2_x1yvZWh71Dy45OKzEhqE2ud6msMgF3jLyRkCagOdrWO5TTlMVSvb0GIrDSG4dyzO6kcOD9z7vsTenY91n3nq8XLlKeq-vMvGZrc=w800-h600-no

I'm not currently using a range finder, and am utilizing the VoiceCaddie T1 Hybrid GPS watch for yardages which is great for what it is, but it does have its limitations—namely that it only provides for front/middle/back distances and relies on accuracy of GPS course markings. Voicecaddie has the back and front nines switched for the course I play regularly which, whike not the end of the world, is a frustration. So the main critical criteria for me with a rangefinder are threefold:

• Size
  • accuracy
  • Ease of use
These will be the main criteria I'll be basing my review of the PRECISIONPRO Nexus Rangefinder on.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/xi5qPSri_r-V4BrdjEKYpjiYzkSr8oAfWheX0ArYbOCjSs8_tOhREIDkeeml0bKCYAt8D_OsOP5x5uR5aD4dY_gk6V7yjtg1dfskNF9MM1K4u3Bfv_ysCqZht_cgoKmUpHYb_A7ZiuwA-BPaP9Q87Saa2xE9xsCdbVgq4ZdU6vqa-8tlFw3ozggT8y2p3S1NWhZBigO34Zj6mh-EHr2Sx--56siZcFiYYl5fVlygBnr1xbtkTQ8r8WUR9TdsPxDKhF-A5_CNYyTeQHZyo9NAmVfdrpwCessKF3y8agV142JbtSFyofSJ2rzmxtCpdwPpyArSJFOmui_hxuCQkQmtb5PACfn8HX2Me1fDhIdOrSrlH4LmjQNHQJGZliMWK8jofqN17lG4SG26FELNYqz_dwNYf2wABXJNTkN6sCc0l8oVmK_MGQyuNJGtfuA9Rgzv1yViwidkEuJbTBsuhhLtyBaefwwLgnowyGWkboNG9xLUnBHhOujk79RgMSliLbziCw9qjFhPWtV50xylAXCW10812VIIkjWcjKUpLaHz80y6K8gX4jRNSLxl7JjuRsv0YZATWvLOEFrKDy0lt4x1x4McQpQBbxN9p3UM9MUD5Fz2PwWR=w800-h600-no

First impressions are that this is a really compact unit. There are some hints at why this may be cheaper than other models on the market, such as the plastic moulded housing - the sides don't fit perfectly together, especially at the lanyard attachment site. Because of this, I haven't attached the lanyard and am unlikely to. This doesn't factor highly for me though, as I'm most concerned with how accurate and user-friendly the rangefinder is - and this will come down primarily to the optics.

The unit is easy to hold steady and was sent with a protective case which looks as though it can withstand some abuse, which is important.

Let me know if there are specific questions that you're interested in having answered and I'll endeavor to work these into the main review section.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/XstRBT7U5_rbZwkda9j2KNkZXzeces_Lc3HSLuyTb0C3Kzjr-WnteK3NNyKJjALJVna5J5QHwLAh8yzhVW4aXLqoDh5k2tryH4iPNRGLiGiQqwjA-GxJciH6e5MwkU365IL980PsHsgiBM6IYMLu_6FcPmQba1dmb6lD8mpMhGIEZ3I0-PkWZFNTzlkCYBQ7Tk6oY8ktQUGvjEFuuFLNTUSCLUJmvm_BP-H4NgytC6JHLsFE7bpw4gE16GtVPM-niIpvzsE5zWuIvU1jRlzuMBq2IjPaFPNFN8Krz38sqtDpzVMd5gQRS-Rspd69K87OSMajvkIzMh4uDjwC42ef9nb129N6wEvftgY7ZeY8sLKFCl713Ef4oxx6gXj73poTSeDc5VajEg4zwlCw22pu18aeehqCKjiAZloXN4IMIrRfzNQSKRTT0BqHhIxpc4fAWucedgmyqrWeF6_lxALaB6xcUfT1IagwGDIgeqtyiHfb3cbV-uFraOWnV0L-MD4hAxxSsaoUuVdgOSLSDA64Qbwxz_ov5cMb7_mrcgOBOvwUZWC4wIS9Dll5odaFZ2-hb4bYyAuwzsDGUbGS8Xr_Mq77rrcEDnhqijstEbbr_yT188NZ=w800-h600-no

Nice start brother Brad especially liked the pictures with the plumeria. Missed seeing those flowers here on the East Coast, missing the islands now1475506098048.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Good Start guys!  Keep 'em coming!!!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I do have a couple of gripes though. The oddball size battery is an issue with me. Normally if I go to play and check my old finder an 9 volt double post battery is easy to find at any grocery or drug store. I do not know where to get these batteries yet unless it is at a battery specialty store. The case uses a magnet closure and you have to line it up just right to get it to securely close. Really these are the only gripes I have and honestly I have to remind myself that this is not a $500 or more unit so some little things should be expected and accepted.

Hey Stu,  I believe the battery is the CR2 type and it is getting to be pretty common in most stores that sell batteries.  You should be able to find it at Lowes, HD, Walgreens, WallyWorld.  They are a little more expensive than your 9V, haha.  But mine in my Bushnell V3 will last a year.

Hope you are safe this weekend!!  Keep your head down!  And that's not just on the golf course!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Nice job Jason. We need to hit the range to see how it stacks up with the bushnell

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Nice job Jason. We need to hit the range to see how it stacks up with the bushnell

Free this weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Free this weekend?

Sunday

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Sunday

Text me this weekend weekend and we'll set up a time.

I just bought a rangefinder by a company called tec tec tec. Same exact yardage as the nicon that opponent was using for half the price.

Titleist 910 7.5 driver,callaway 48,56 degree wedges.ping g irons 5-pw purple dot.19,21 degree titleist 913 hybrids.

Hey Stu,  I believe the battery is the CR2 type and it is getting to be pretty common in most stores that sell batteries.  You should be able to find it at Lowes, HD, Walgreens, WallyWorld.  They are a little more expensive than your 9V, haha.  But mine in my Bushnell V3 will last a year.

Hope you are safe this weekend!!  Keep your head down!  And that's not just on the golf course!!

Thanks for the info Kenny--- Yep we dug in and rode it out--- I will check out Lowes and Wally World and Walgreens as a last resort. I hate out local Walgreens but for the sake of golf if I have to-------

G

Nice reviews so far.

I am going to call some marketing shenanigans on yardage measurements down to 1/10 of a yard. Their own product info states that the laser is accurate +/- 1 yard. That means if you shoot a 100 yards, the laser may be +/- 1 yard and the actual distance could be 101 or 99 yards. In general this doesn't matter since I, at least, can't dial my distance into +/- 1 yard of accuracy.

But this means that reporting to the 1/10 of a yard is completely meaningless. The 1/10 yards reading is not significant because the error in the accuracy of the measurement is in terms of full yards.

It sounds like it is still a great laser, but it is claiming more than is possible given its own reported stats.

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

Great intros.......Thanks Stu, Brad, Jason & George.  I really enjoyed reading your "Bios" and first impressions.  It is not easy writing a review of new golf equipment.  It is important to look at the "Value" of new equipment as there are so many choices.  A few years ago, a decent Laser was $400.  Now, you can get a serviceable laser for $150.

Hey Stu, I played both Indian Wells and Wachesaw East a few years ago.  I remember Indian Wells as an older course with many doglegs.  A Laser would really help there.  We stayed at Wachesaw Plantation Est and the course was in terrific shape. 

Brad, glad to see you are back on the Forum.  Whatever happened to your Bio Cell irons?

Jason & Greg, welcome and I look forward to reading more of your reviews.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Archived