TESTERS WANTED! ×

MGS Foundation

PlaidJacket

I had a thought today while replying to another post.

I'd like to see My Golf Spy start a foundation for used golf equipment to be given to kids not able to afford equipment. I for one have a bunch of decent equipment laying around that could be put to good use by some kid wanting to learn and play the game. Granted, most of my equipment may only be suitable for a teen boy but others might have children's clubs/sets or clubs suited more for young women. MGS could design the specific site and a link from the main Blog page.

I'll leave the details of starting a Foundation (accredited of course) up to the owners of the site. I think suggestions from us forum members could help start the discussion and direction. Might take a little while to launch but sounds like something that should be explored. And as far as I know it would be unique among any other golf sites out there.

Let the discussion begin.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Hmmm? I thought I'd come back this morning to read a bunch of suggestions. Got a few "likes". Ok, I guess I'll make the second post & first suggestion.

I'll be donating the first clubs to the Foundation once it's up and running. Like any Foundation not only can golf equipment be donated but cash would always be welcome if you don't have suitable equipment to offer. Perhaps on an annual or bi-annual basis a school, club, 1st Tee program, etc. would be chosen to receive X equipment. For example: the Jr. Golf Program in XXX, Ohio might receive 2 sets of clubs. Or, maybe the Boys Club in XXX Texas will get a few drivers and wedges. Equipment could be awarded on a a Needs basis.

I think the golf organizations that are in need would have to apply. They'd need to tell about themselves and their program and what specifically they are needing and why.

Any suggestions out there guys? How about you X? Barbajo? Any thoughts?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

I think it's great idea, I'm just not sure how and if MGS is able to set something like this up, I know we all have something we can donate, I've given clubs to my nephews high school golf team and it's always better than any of the old crappy clubs they have for these kids to use.

I think picking 1 or 2 schools/ 1st tee programs would be the idea, have a centralized mailing point and then collect and donate appropriately would sound like a good start.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I think there ate a lot of great programs out there that already due this. MGS is already a very lean operation, so asking them to dedicate resources to organize such a program would not be possible.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see what the guys that own this site have to say. Where there is a will there is a way.

I think there ate a lot of great programs out there that already due this. MGS is already a very lean operation, so asking them to dedicate resources to organize such a program would not be possible.

Can you give a few examples and links to organizations already doing this? If MGS starts something like this, I'd be in favor, but if there are sites that already do it, wouldn't mind checking them out for awareness checking them out for awareness.

WITB:
Driver: Cobra King LTD
Fairway: Ping G25 (3)
Hybrid: Ping i25 (22 degree)
Crossover: Ping G 5
Irons: Ping i25 (5 -PW)
Wedges: Bridgestone J15 forged 50 and 55 degree
Putter: Cleveland TFi Elevado w/ Winn Pro grip.

First Tee come to mind instantly.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Can you give a few examples and links to organizations already doing this? If MGS starts something like this, I'd be in favor, but if there are sites that already do it, wouldn't mind checking them out for awareness checking them out for awareness.

The First Tee

Tee it up for the Troops

Bunkers in Baghdad

The First Tee

Tee it up for the Troops

Bunkers in Baghdad

Thank you!

WITB:
Driver: Cobra King LTD
Fairway: Ping G25 (3)
Hybrid: Ping i25 (22 degree)
Crossover: Ping G 5
Irons: Ping i25 (5 -PW)
Wedges: Bridgestone J15 forged 50 and 55 degree
Putter: Cleveland TFi Elevado w/ Winn Pro grip.

I think this a great idea too. I'm the one who posted WTB clubs for my niece. She wouldn't be right for it. Her parents could afford them if they wanted too. I was going to send them as a surprise. But, I think you're trying to do a good thing. I hope it gets going. And I would buy other jr sets I find just to donate.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

It's a great idea, but.... please don't take this wrong... if they can't afford equipment, how can they afford to play? Unless local courses let these kids play for free, I don't see how giving them clubs will help. Having said that, I'd donate equipment for the cause if there is a program set up that lets these kids play and learn the game.

It's a great idea, but.... please don't take this wrong... if they can't afford equipment, how can they afford to play? Unless local courses let these kids play for free, I don't see how giving them clubs will help. Having said that, I'd donate equipment for the cause if there is a program set up that lets these kids play and learn the game.

I can use my nephews public high school golf team, they don't have too many sets for the kids to use if the child does not have their own set, what they usually have on hand are old/ multi branded sets with various lofts/ lengths/ grips/ flex, they always accept any type of club donations.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• SPY VIP

We thought it was a good idea as well. So much so we developed a program for this exact idea:

http://www.mygolfspy.com/the-mygolfspy-club-recycling-program/

Unforunately the people who said they were going to send product in do be donated never seemed to actually send any equipment.

#TruthDigest

It's a great idea, but I am not to surprised that people didn't send in equipment.  It's one thing to go around to golfers in your community to solicit old clubs for to support The First Tee or other similar programs, but when people see how much it costs to send clubs across the country...   well, they probably had second thoughts.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Sounds like you guys (MGS) were way ahead of me on this one. Perhaps the recycling program can be resurrected and or rebranded one day.

I think I'll do like others must have and make my donation locally at the 1st Tee and the Boys Club, etc. It doesn't cost me anything and 100% of my donation is credited.

Archived