TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tiger's Season Debut

Jmikecpa

It will be enjoyable to watch Tiger once again on the Tee.....

If he hits driver off the first tee, what are the odds that he hits the fairway?  I'm thinking 20%

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

If he hits driver off the first tee, what are the odds that he hits the fairway?  I'm thinking 20%

optimist eh??

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I'm lobbying Tiger go with Mizuno irons! Of course I don't think they would pay him like the other OEMS. I agree though, it will definitely crazy on that first tee!

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Just read he has been seen testing Taylor Made woods recently.

Strong endorsement for the woods if that is the case. I still think he'll stick with what he's practiced with, the Nikes.

MDGolfHacker

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I think the early rumors when Safeway coming up of Taylormade Woods, Vokey Wedges, Scotty, and Bridgestone Ball was more in the testing stage for him. Now another month and a bit of practicing with them and I think they will be in the bag in two weeks

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

I think the early rumors when Safeway coming up of Taylormade Woods, Vokey Wedges, Scotty, and Bridgestone Ball was more in the testing stage for him. Now another month and a bit of practicing with them and I think they will be in the bag in two weeks

I bet he has all Nike stuff in the bag except his old Scotty and maybe, MAYBE a tmag driver. The big cat doesn't like change as is, let alone to throw in another variable when his game is "vulnerable." 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

OK, I have to say it...  This is NOT Tiger's season debut.  Yes, there are top players in the field, but it is a short field, no cut... being played on Tiger's home course.  He's going to play 4 rounds, then take 2 months off.  C'mon man!   He should probably play fine, but this is in no way a season debut.  Getting ready for this event is not the same as getting ready for a regular tour event with travel to a site with only a few days of practice and 140 players, any of which could get hot for 4 days.  Tiger's season debut will be next year, probably at Torrey Pines, and he better play more than one tournament before the Masters.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

OK, I have to say it...  This is NOT Tiger's season debut.  Yes, there are top players in the field, but it is a short field, no cut... being played on Tiger's home course.  He's going to play 4 rounds, then take 2 months off.  C'mon man!   He should probably play fine, but this is in no way a season debut.  Getting ready for this event is not the same as getting ready for a regular tour event with travel to a site with only a few days of practice and 140 players, any of which could get hot for 4 days.  Tiger's season debut will be next year, probably at Torrey Pines, and he better play more than one tournament before the Masters.

You are correct in many ways... I would say for fans though this gives us finally a look at whether he is even close to 100% after all of the back procedures.

I don't think is one fan out there saying he will come back and win 5 times a year. But I for one think that IF he is finally healthy and has taken the necessary time to make sure of it, there is no reason he can't win another few tournaments over the next 5 years. He is just too intelligent around the course not to if his body is finally back 

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

You are correct in many ways... I would say for fans though this gives us finally a look at whether he is even close to 100% after all of the back procedures.

I don't think is one fan out there saying he will come back and win 5 times a year. But I for one think that IF he is finally healthy and has taken the necessary time to make sure of it, there is no reason he can't win another few tournaments over the next 5 years. He is just too intelligent around the course not to if his body is finally back 

So, in this event in 2014 Tiger was healthy and played pain-free and finished last.  If he does the same this year, what does that say about his chances for 2017?  In this regard Tiger has a lot of pressure to play reasonably well.  I hope he doesn't "try too hard."

So, in this event in 2014 Tiger was healthy and played pain-free and finished last.  If he does the same this year, what does that say about his chances for 2017?  In this regard Tiger has a lot of pressure to play reasonably well.  I hope he doesn't "try too hard."

If I am not mistaken in April 2014 he had his first procedure on his back. I don't know if he has actually truly been healthy since the beginning of the 2013 season 

In my bag:

If I am not mistaken in April 2014 he had his first procedure on his back. I don't know if he has actually truly been healthy since the beginning of the 2013 season 

I guess I should have said that Tiger said he was healthy and pain-free at the 2014 Hero.  Maybe he was lying.

I guess I should have said that Tiger said he was healthy and pain-free at the 2014 Hero.  Maybe he was lying.

Wouldn't be the first time for him

In my bag:

Archived