Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

US Kids Golf Warranty

Jmikecpa

So earlier this summer my son needed to get new clubs and against my better judgement I let him get a set of US Kids Tour Series clubs.  Once we got them home I was actually very pleased with the overall quality and the set make up.  As a bonus he got enough clubs in the set that he would get two clubs "free".....well not even close to free but he got a gap wedge and lob wedge to round out the set at a bit of a discount.  Fast forward to our trip to Disney and he hits a driver terribly on the range and dented the heal of the club pretty bad.  Played that day and hit 3 wood for most of his round and no big deal, will take care of it when I get home and get time.

I emailed US Kids golf today and was first told that they only warranty manufacturer's defects to which my argument would be that this is one as I would not expect a driver to dent with one bad swing from a 10 year old.  I have seen other people hit balls a heck of a lot worse with other OEM clubs and zero damage so I don't think that I am stretching too much for a warranty exchange.  Next I decided to call them and long story short since I did not buy directly from them they will not honor any warranty claim, but if PGA SS would like to replace it from their stock that would be all that I can do.  Now, if say I got them off of eBay I would understand this completely and would not have even called them in the first place.  So I called PGA SS and they told me to bring it in and they will make it right and apologized for the hassle that was none of their doing.

In all my years of playing golf and having equipment issues I have yet to have an issue like this.  I fortunately got Callaway clubs for my two girls since they will at least honor their project.

On a side note I really need to get back to playing golf and not dealing with broken clubs and damaged bags.....not playing golf makes me grumpy.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

I'm glad that you took the time to post your experience with US Kids. I'm probably going to buy my grand daughter a beginner set next year perhaps.

I'll look at the Callaway sets also and think twice about the other brand.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

So earlier this summer my son needed to get new clubs and against my better judgement I let him get a set of US Kids Tour Series clubs.  Once we got them home I was actually very pleased with the overall quality and the set make up.  As a bonus he got enough clubs in the set that he would get two clubs "free".....well not even close to free but he got a gap wedge and lob wedge to round out the set at a bit of a discount.  Fast forward to our trip to Disney and he hits a driver terribly on the range and dented the heal of the club pretty bad.  Played that day and hit 3 wood for most of his round and no big deal, will take care of it when I get home and get time.

I emailed US Kids golf today and was first told that they only warranty manufacturer's defects to which my argument would be that this is one as I would not expect a driver to dent with one bad swing from a 10 year old.  I have seen other people hit balls a heck of a lot worse with other OEM clubs and zero damage so I don't think that I am stretching too much for a warranty exchange.  Next I decided to call them and long story short since I did not buy directly from them they will not honor any warranty claim, but if PGA SS would like to replace it from their stock that would be all that I can do.  Now, if say I got them off of eBay I would understand this completely and would not have even called them in the first place.  So I called PGA SS and they told me to bring it in and they will make it right and apologized for the hassle that was none of their doing.

In all my years of playing golf and having equipment issues I have yet to have an issue like this.  I fortunately got Callaway clubs for my two girls since they will at least honor their project.

On a side note I really need to get back to playing golf and not dealing with broken clubs and damaged bags.....not playing golf makes me grumpy.

When we had the golf shop we were a US Kids dealer. We did not sell that much of the product though. I never recalled having any warranty issues though. PGASS did great customer service in your case would have hated to think if it had been Golfsmith though. Actually I would have done the same thing for one of our customers and dealt with US Kids later

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• 1 month later...

So finally got a conclusion on this and despite PGASS best efforts US Kids essentially told me to go pound sand.  Not surprised by their response, but at the end of the day I refuse to spend another nickel with US Kids nor will my son ever enter one of their tournaments again.  My daughter needs new clubs next year and she will be getting Callaway irons and woods, same as the youngest.  Already got my son a new Cobra driver and the three wood and hybrid are on the way.

WITB 2024

I'm glad that you took the time to post your experience with US Kids. I'm probably going to buy my grand daughter a beginner set next year perhaps.

I'll look at the Callaway sets also and think twice about the other brand.

Don't forget to go to the Powerbilt website.  They have some terrific sets for juniors. http://www.powerbilt.com  

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Don't forget to go to the Powerbilt website. They have some terrific sets for juniors. http://www.powerbilt.com

Thanks. Will give them a look.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Archived