Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Bradley Allan Apparel - New Company in the Apparel Game

GolfSpy Barbajo

This popped up in the InBox this morning.  Bradley Allan is a new company in the apparel game - their forte appears to be more conservatively styled golf clothing. "Sophisticated" is the word they use on their website.  Pricing seems to be in line with the major lines at full price -- shirts at $89, pants at $94, etc.  I have one of their shirts and the quality is certainly top shelf.  

They're announcing a new line of 1/4 Zip Merino Wool sweaters today. Here's their official story:

BRADLEY ALLAN Quarter-Zip Sweaters Now Available 

Premium Layering Pieces Feature Rich Merino Wool, Tailored Look

unnamed.jpg

(Toronto, Canada) – BRADLEY ALLAN – sophisticated, modern golf apparel designed for the golf course and beyond – announces its premium merino wool quarter-zip sweaters are now available at www.bradley-allan.com.

A fresh take on a cool-weather golf staple, the BRADLEY ALLAN quarter zip is crafted from lightweight, 100-percent superfine merino wool in a silhouette that promotes a trim look when layering. Available in graphite and black colorways, the sweaters retail for $109.

“Like all BRADLEY ALLAN garments, this is an update to the traditional quarter zip with a fabrication and design that works as well off the course as on it,” says Brad Franklin, Founder and Creative Director of BRADLEY ALLAN. “The lightweight merino is incredibly soft, yet durable to resist pilling when carrying a golf bag and the clean fit lessens bulk to compliment all body types.”

Additional BRADLEY ALLAN offerings include the brand's signature range of polos ($79-$89) that blend soft Pima cotton and technical fabrics, and shorts ($79) and pants ($94) crafted from a lightweight cotton-polyester blend with a hint of stretch for enhanced cooling and comfort.

From veteran designer Brad Franklin, BRADLEY ALLAN celebrates classic designs while emphasizing a modern fit, innovative fabric blends and seamless transition to everyday wear. Drawing inspiration from current menswear trends, BRADLEY ALLAN allows golfers to enjoy technical performance without sacrificing their personal style.

For more information visit www.bradley-allan.com

About BRADLEY ALLAN

Sophisticated modern golf apparel crafted to transcend the game, BRADLEY ALLAN represents a refreshing new direction. Created by true patrons of the sport, the line is rooted in golf's traditions yet informed by the present.

Utilizing premium technical fabrics, fine details and subtle textures, Founder and Creative Director Brad Franklin works from a design ethos that fuses a refined aesthetic with exceptional functionality.
Franklin's vision is expressed across a focused range of polos, knits, layering pieces and bottoms. Boasting a rich hand and proper fit, each distinctive garment is crafted to become a staple in a player's wardrobe, now and for years to come.

Efficiently produced by some of the world's most skilled boutique manufacturers, BRADLEY ALLAN offers a price-to-quality ratio that is second to none.

​So, what do we think?  Price is always a funny thing - Marshall's and TJ Maxx certainly makes buying decent clothing less expensive - I won't say "affordable" because that's way too subjective, which I think is a great topic for a separate thread!  

Anyway, check out their website and let us know what you think...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Who is going to pay $94 for a polo when you can go to Macy's and get Greg Normans for $25.....or go to Bealls and get PGA Tour polos for $12.  

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Nice looking stuff, specially the sweater, but for me when it comes to golf clothing I always wait till it's heavily discounted or on clearance, $90 for a polo is nuts in my eyes, if you shop around golf polos can be found for under $20 that were once in the over $50 price point. Golfanything.com has some amazing deals on nice stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

It looks like nice stuff, but the first place I always check on a website if their size guide.  Most brands like this don't cater to "real men".   ;)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 3 weeks later...

Too conservative for me. Give me a nice tartan any day.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's in my bag...

Driver:      TaylorMade R15 10.5• Aldila Rouge Black 60g stiff shaft

3 Wood:   TaylorMade R15 15• Aldila Rouge Black 70g stiff shaft

Hybrid:     TaylorMade  Rescue 4-21• Aldila Rip 65g stiff shaft

Irons:        TaylorMade  RSi TP Nippon NS Pro 950, stiff shaft

Wedges:   TaylorMade  50•, 54•, 58• Nippon NS Pro stiff shaft

Putter:      TaylorMade Ghost 

Ball:          Wilson DUO U

Bag:         TaylorMade 

Some nice looking stuff, just a little pricey.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

I have found many of the top shelf golf apparel companies are too expensive to buy at MSRP.  I tried Short Par 4 recently and have been pleased with what they send.  This month I received a Travis Mathew polo and TM hat in my box (I have also received Linksoul, Chase54, Matte Grey and Puma).  If you haven't tried Short Par 4 use my link to receive $20 off your first box.  That is $25 for over $100 worth of golf apparel; shipped free.  Easy to cancel too after first month if you don't want to pay the $45/month.  I found if you call to cancel they will offer you an extra month or two at the discounted rate.  No brainer at that price, IMO.  Here is link if interested....

http://shortpar4.refr.cc/WQ7N2K6

Archived