TESTERS WANTED! ×

Body Aches & Pains

ole gray

thanks for the feedbaack.  It's good to hear the PT worked on the neck.  My Doc seems to think it will definitely help. In the meantime she gave me some muscle relaxers.  Not sure I have any of those to relax anymore!!   But took one last night and it seemed to help right away

I've been taking muscle relaxers for years.  When I traveled to Russia 3-4 times a year, I didn't handle the 11 hour time change very well, and obviously didn't sleep much while I was there.  Some of you may remember the cold war drills when we were kids... getting under our desks at school?  Like that would work!!  I tried all kinds of sleeping pills with poor results, but my doctor gave me a script for muscle relaxers, and I still take them now.  They put me to sleep, and I don't feel drugged when I wake up.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I've been taking muscle relaxers for years.  When I traveled to Russia 3-4 times a year, I didn't handle the 11 hour time change very well, and obviously didn't sleep much while I was there.  Some of you may remember the cold war drills when we were kids... getting under our desks at school?  Like that would work!!  I tried all kinds of sleeping pills with poor results, but my doctor gave me a script for muscle relaxers, and I still take them now.  They put me to sleep, and I don't feel drugged when I wake up.

So last night was the best I've slept in a week or two since the pain started.  well except for the fact that my Fiance kept kneeing me in the butt to get me to stop snoring, and I don't normally snore...LOL  So I gain sleep one way but lose it another. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

So last night was the best I've slept in a week or two since the pain started.  well except for the fact that my Fiance kept kneeing me in the butt to get me to stop snoring, and I don't normally snore...LOL  So I gain sleep one way but lose it another. 

hahahaha

Once, a long time ago, I told my wife that she snored; she insisted that she didn't.  So one night I decided to record her snoring, and then I played it back for her at breakfast.  Big mistake!!  I didn't have to worry about her snoring that night!   :lol:

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Daily routine pain that never goes away:

1) My fingers ache from the time i get up until the time I get up the next day...we are talking 24/7/365 aches in my fingers......it's not rheumatoid. The Dr said it was acute inflammatory arthritis.  it is only in my fingers.  So I wear the bionic golf glove as the leather is thicker and they have pressure point pads that make it easier to grip the club....The colder it gets, the harder it is to grip.

2) Left wrist has a steel pl;ate and 13 screws in it....plus an inch of my left hip to make it the correct length.  It does not bend very well so it gives me fits with mt swing.

3) My left ankle has overstretched ligaments from too many twisted ankles....I need surgery but that would put me out 4 months with NO weight on the foot.....not ready to give up 6 months of golf so I wear an ankle brace.  It laces up then has crisscross velcro straps to hold it in place.  This allows me to put increased weight on the left side when I swing the golf club.

3) Intermitetent to chronic groin pain....from 4 inguinal hernia surgeries, courtesy of Uncle Sam.  The pain is fom all of the scar tissue that has developed post surgery and is intermingled with the nerves.   i take Gabapentin 4 times a day to keep the pain at bay.  When it gets bad I use hydracodone.

Other than that I have no pains at all.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

hahahaha

Once, a long time ago, I told my wife that she snored; she insisted that she didn't.  So one night I decided to record her snoring, and then I played it back for her at breakfast.  Big mistake!!  I didn't have to worry about her snoring that night!   :lol:

Reminds me of the classic scene from Everybody Loves Raymond when Deborah doesn't realize how mean she is to Raymond during "that time" and he records her.  Quality is not great, but a hilarious scene. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Archived