Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Srixon/Cleveland #FitLikeAPro Member Recaps

The Dansome

Don't be afraid of the 565. It's not thick, the offset is minimal, and the distance is exceptional. Forgiveness is obviously the best of the three options. I don't play a whole lot of shots left to right, right to left, etc. I'm sure the 765 would be better for those that do, but if moving the ball isn't a priority, don't be afraid of a full bag of 565... I know I can play the 7 series, but to have just that LITTLE bit of extra forgiveness and distance I wouldn't stray from my 545s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SPY VIP

Don't be afraid of the 565. It's not thick, the offset is minimal, and the distance is exceptional. Forgiveness is obviously the best of the three options. I don't play a whole lot of shots left to right, right to left, etc. I'm sure the 765 would be better for those that do, but if moving the ball isn't a priority, don't be afraid of a full bag of 565... I know I can play the 7 series, but to have just that LITTLE bit of extra forgiveness and distance I wouldn't stray from my 545s!

Amen

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I agree and will add that the 565 irons are easy to work right to left and left to right for those who want to do it.

Sent from my MotoG3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I just posted my review. It is #3 on the first page of the thread.

Great read!  Glad the clubs are working out for you too!

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Fantastic job. Very in depth and a good read.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• SPY VIP

You were crushing that driver. Tha last drive you hit on the trip was just obscene.

Sweet write up and slick on course pictures at home.

Loved meeting you, you're one of the good ones.

PS: that pic of me staring do a shot is sweet.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I really need to get up to the PGA store and take a look at these puppies. No doubt these beauties move the needle for me. I would go 5 - wedges with the 565's.  

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Great write ups so far. Love to hear about the awesome results you're getting from the new sticks. Great choice on the Steelfiber shafts in the irons. I've gotten great results from those shafts whenever I test them. Sound like the staff of fitters really knew what they were doing!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

My review is up check it out on Page 1

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

First off I want to that thank MyGolfSpy and Srixon/Cleveland Golf for this amazing opportunity.

attachicon.gif25.jpg

Day 1

The day didn't start as planned for me and I was running about 20 minutes late on my drive up. But I arrived at the hotel and was greeted by Eli from Srixon and then met Dan, Dave, and Scott as they were all waiting on me to get the show started. We left the hotel and went to a cool local sandwich spot and got to know each other. We talked about what the days ahead of us were going to be like and just about golf in general.

After lunch we headed to beautiful Mesa Verde Country Club for our fitting. We walked on to the range and they had everything set up and ready to go. We each had a fitter and a spot to hit. Eli and Noelle introduced us to our fitters and gave us each a glove and hat except for Dave because they don't have watermelon sized hats haha. I started my warm up with the RTX-3 wedges then moved to the Z965 irons.

After I got loose I was handed the wedge analyzer and we started with the wedges and getting fit for the right sole for me. I have been fitted several times before and had a good idea what the results would be but I stayed 100% unbiased and open to whatever the results were. The analyzer gave me the exact results I expected and was actually a very cool tool. This was where they began to explain the benefits of the VT sole.

Results- RTX-3 50* V-MG Modus 130X, 54*V-FG Modus 130X, 60* V-FG Modus 130S

attachicon.gif16.jpg

Next it was time for the irons I instantly grabbed the Z965 as I currently play a blade. At this point we found out they weren't 100% ready for me and my swing speed. I started with the only X flex iron shaft they had which was the X-100. After a few shots I tried the Project X 6.0 which was a more familiar feel for me. Then the Modus 130S and we were getting solid numbers with the Stiff shaft surprisingly. Well obviously we made the decision to go with the Modus.

Now it was time to decide on a set make up because I prefer a combo set that usually breaks from the blade around the 6 iron. But with the slightly larger head and amazing amount of forgiveness in the 965 we decided the 5 iron would be the last blade and after that we were going 765.

Results- Z765 3 & 4, Z965 5-P all with Modus 130X Standard length 2* flat.

attachicon.gif8.jpg

Now for the top of the bag and fun part for Kevin and I. This was the club that blew me away most the U65. I have tried some other utility irons in the past and they weren't very appealing and I found them often more difficult to hit then long irons(probably a mental thing). As most of you have read I have test a hybrid recently and it's been fantastic for me. Then I started hitting the U65 and it looks great feels even better and performs fantastic. This club was unreal as all the other guys have said this U65 was the surprise of the trip.

Results- 18* U65 2* Flat Modus 130X

The fairway wood was tough because there wasn't any X flex shafts for me so this was a quick process. We knew I wanted the 13.5* head and Kevin and Eli decided on a shaft for me after talking about what I currently play and what has worked for me in the past. Well the first shaft was not a good fit and we went back to the drawing board. A few days later I had a package at my door with the current shaft I play and the results were great.

Results-F65 13.5* HZRDUS Black 75G 6.5 playing 42.75”

And the moment you all have been waiting for(or maybe just me) the Driver!! Again this was tough because of the lack of X flex options they had on hand. But that's wasn't a huge concern to we I was more interested in getting the correct head. I started with the Z765 9.5 with a Miyazaki Kiri 6X 7755 and it turned out to be a little soft for me in the tip section. Next we tried the Tensei Blue 6S to test if I liked the feel of the shaft. It was good but I wasn't going to stop at good. He next shaft was the Aldila Rogue 110 60S and the numbers and flight were really good considering it was a Stiff flex.

Then just for the sake of making sure I didn't benefit from a little more forgiveness as I was struggling to find the center because of the stiff shafts we tried the Z565 9.5*. The heads look nearly identical from the top and I really couldn't tell the difference on appearance. The added forgiveness came with an added 300rpm spin so we knew the Z765 was the one for me. I had a Aldila Rogue 125MSI I/O 60X shaft in my car that I had been saving for a driver that I really fell in love with so I gave it to Eli and said build this please along with the Rogue 110 60X.

Results- Z765 9.5*set to -1* loft and 1.5* open with Rogue 125MSi I/O 60X at 45”

attachicon.gif12.jpg

attachicon.gif11.jpg

After everyone was all finished and tired out I wanted to try and see if I could hit 180mph Ball speed and Kevin and Eli said let's do it. They broke out a dozen new Srixon Z-Star XV and I went to work. My first 3 balls were 178.8, 179.5, 179.4 and I was getting frustrated because the smash factor was down from not finding the middle. So I decided to go back to my long drive days and just go flat out as hard as I could. I caught it low of the face but then I heard a grown 128mph club head speed 179mph balls speed. So I took one more normal swing and finally caught a good one a little high on the face but 180.5mph goal achieved dropped the driver and walked away.

attachicon.gif22.jpg

After the fitting we went back to the hotel and got ready for dinner and headed to dinner where were met by more members from Srixon's R&D department who talked to us more in depth about the design process and how the testing process happens. After dinner we headed back to the hotel and got some rest for the next day.

Day 2

Started to day off will a run to Walmart because somehow I managed to forget to pack socks in my rush to get the day started. Then we met up in the lobby and headed to Starbucks for some coffee and breakfast. After that we were on our way to the much anticipated tour of Srixon/Cleveland Headquarters.

attachicon.gif13.jpg

I felt like a kid in a candy store at this point. I had been waiting for this for a long time; I have never been inside the HQ for a major OEM before. I have been to Aldila several times but this was different. After signing a waiver it was of for a tour around the office to meet some people and talk about marketing and things of that nature. The thing that I really liked and was surprised by was all customer service is done right there on site no offsite farmed out call centers. This is a perfect example of customer service done right.

attachicon.gif15.jpg

Next we headed to the back were all the clubs are built. First we stopped to see the QA area were they check every club for any sort of deficiency. Then it was next to see the stock and custom building areas. It was amazing to see the care and effort that went into building of each club and also how happy all the employees seemed to be.

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gif19.jpg

attachicon.gif20.jpg

After this we got to see the tour truck but only the outside as they were renovating it for the upcoming season. We were told the guys were really happy about the new built in Yeti cooler haha.

attachicon.gif2.jpg

After that we got to see where are the balls are put into sleeves by hand and then boxed in dozens. It was unbelievable to me to see that kind of care and effort to make sure every ball is perfect before it gets shipped to the consumer. Including getting to see some custom balls headed to the University of Oregon, which pains me being a Beavers fan.

attachicon.gif4.jpg

After this we got to see the onsite indoor fitting studio. They had displays for Srixon and XXIO shafts and irons galore a putting green to test putters and a state of the art simulator.

attachicon.gif3.jpg

attachicon.gif5.jpg

attachicon.gif6.jpg

Due to some delays with our clubs because of the builder who was supposed to build our clubs called in sick we got to relax and talk some more in one of the meeting rooms. This is the room where they take product photos also. At this point I got to know the man that is Dan Mann haha. He took this time to have Dave take beautifully posed photos in front of the white studio back drop. I am not going to lie some of those pics turned out fantastic and I am a little jealous.

attachicon.gif7.jpg

Next we headed to the course for lunch and some golf. Because of the delay we only got to play a few holes before the guys had to leave to catch their flights. But on the course it was clearly apparent that these clubs just flat out perform. First hole was a fairly tight Par 4 about 360 yards and I bust a drive right down the middle over 300 yards and have a little flip wedge in that hit a stopped so fast I was in shock. On the next hole I hit another fairway and wedge that backed up about 5 ft. The par 3 was next it was 172 yards slightly down hill and I hit 8 iron to 8 ft. Another par 4 for the fourth hole I missed my drive a little right carried a bunker at 300 yards and rolled back down into the fairway about 317 yards. Hit a 50* wedge past the hole and spun it to about 15ft. Number 5 was a tough long par 4 into the wind I hit a drive down the left that faded back into the middle then hit a 9 iron onto the green about a club short and 2 putted for par. I was convinced that these clubs just flat out perform. Watching Dave, Dan and Scott just hit really solid shots one after another I was really impressed. Dan rolled in the only birdie in the group in the 5 holes we played.

It was an absolutely great time and I got to meet 3 great members of this community. Eli and Noelle were fantastic to us and you could tell they really cared about what we thought and were a little upset everything didn't go as planned. But this was the first time they had done something like this so there were some hiccups that had to be worked out.

On Course results so far

I have played 27 holes with my new clubs now and they are incredible. The first full 18 holes came just 2 days after the trip. I played a course I knew fairly well and enjoy playing. I actually cost myself strokes by being over confident with my clubs. Twice off the tee I tried to hit a draw which I never do and twice I wit it into a hazard and made double bogey. But to make up for that I made 6 birdies and 1 bogey that was a 3 putt. The wedges around the greens were great and spun more than my previous wedges. The Z-Star XV is a great ball its long off the tee and spins so much around the greens that I just feel like I have the confidence to be aggressive when going at the pin or trying to get up and down.

attachicon.gif23.jpg

I played another 9 holes where the trend of spitting fairways continued. I hit every fairway and missed 1 green making 4 birdies and no bogies. Needless to say these clubs are great and I am a true believer in the Srixon/Cleveland equipment.

attachicon.gif24.jpg

If you haven't tried this new 65 line of clubs get up and go to the closest dealer and hit them, you can thank me later

Great review. It was great getting to know you.

Are your yardages the same with the Srixon / Cleveland clubs as what you had with your previous clubs?

The yardages with the irons are longer by about 6 yards. The driver is about the same maybe 3-4 yards longer but more accurate.

Snell MTB-X

Awesome write up guys. Glad to hear that the clubs are working out for you. The X65 irons look awesome - I hope you guys have continued luck with them.

Oaks

:taylormade-small:  M3 460 9.5* - ACCRA TZ6 M5

:callaway-small:  X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X

TaylorMade Jetspeed 19* w Matrix HM9

Mizuno MP-63 4-P Project X 6.0

Cleveland RTX4 - 50, 54, 60

:odyssey-small:  Toulon Portland w P2 React Grip

:titelist-small: 2019 Players 4 -  :titelist-small: Pro V1

Awesome stuff guys! 765's might be one of the two best irons I've hit this year...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• SPY VIP

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I have learned that for some people the shaft doesn't make that much of a difference, while for others it makes a huge difference. Last summer I rented some clubs while on vacation and also borrowed a set. I adjusted to the rental clubs in a few holes. I couldn't hit the borrowed clubs at all and probably didn't break 100. I am a big advocate for being fitted by someone who knows what they are doing.

Great job so far guys! Looks like Srixon sure knows how to treat a guy right.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Going Thursday to get on the Trackman to get have some fun and get some numbers. Will post results or follow my on instgram or twitter for videos

Snell MTB-X

Going Thursday to get on the Trackman to get have some fun and get some numbers. Will post results or follow my on instgram or twitter for videos

The Internet is about to be broken...LOL   

Can't wait to see those numbers!!

Haha I don't think it will be that serious. It's not like I am selling Ksig's lol

Snell MTB-X

Gentlemen, did any of you try the Cleveland Swingbyte wedge fitting tool beforehand and if so, how were the suggested results versus your live fitting?

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Gentlemen, did any of you try the Cleveland Swingbyte wedge fitting tool beforehand and if so, how were the suggested results versus your live fitting?

Before that day no I hadn't used it but they used it during the live fitting.

Snell MTB-X

I really enjoyed reading these reviews.......and the clubs are about as sweet looking as they come......I like the 565's.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Between 1-3pm pst tomorrow I will be posting videos and live data from my Trackman session

Snell MTB-X

Had a blast today and some amazing numbers were produced. More details coming soon

Snell MTB-X

Had a blast today and some amazing numbers were produced. More details coming soon

I enjoyed watching your IG post.   I have to admit I had to look twice to see that was a FW you were hitting that ball sounded like it was being killed by a driver...good lord!

Glad you saw it. Lol that F65 is long!! The ball just flys off the face