Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Shaft inserts?

therod

Just wondering what everyone thinks of vibration inserts, like the Prosofts. TT does it with their Sensicores. But I may purchase a set of old-school Callaways for a little experiment. And because they are bore-through, I would have to get new shafts if I wanted to just put my X-Tours in them (or just play them a little short, I suppose). So I was thinking if I buy them, I would just throw some Prosofts down the shafts, because I will probably regrip them anyway. Anyone use the Prosofts? I have had some elbow issues, and that's why I went to graphite in my irons. Just wondering how effective the Prosofts are, or how much better graphite is for that vs steel with the inserts.

... I spent an entire fall about 20 years ago only hitting knockdown shots in windy Chicago when courses stopped watering and the combination of pounding the turf and the hard ground conditions resulted in some nasty elbow tendinitis. I tried sensicore, pro soft and a few other shaft dampening options and none of them helped. Changing to graphite made all the difference and I have not had any elbow issues since switching. The shaft dampeners did feel a little better but it was an illusion as my elbow couldn't tell any difference.  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

That's what I figured I would hear. I just can't see the inserts having near the vibration-dampening qualities of graphite. But having tendonitis in each elbow in consecutive years forced me to do something. Having that needle stuck in my elbow wasn't something I wanted to do again if I didn't have to.

... The good news, which you probably already know, is the quality of graphite irons shafts are equal to or out perform steel. Even though I have not had any elbow problems since switching, I would never go back to steel even if it produced pain free golf. I love the feel of heavy graphite iron shafts. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I have the Sensicore inserts in two sets and they are nowhere near as forgiving on the joints as graphite. I think I am a Recoil guy for the foreseeable future. Going to add a nice premium to the new irons I am ordering.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Archived