Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Now the Triton is ready for battle - Hotmelt!

03trdblack

Got some initial testing out at the range today with the Triton. The range balls are Titleist NXT Tour balls so they are pretty similar to normal golf balls.

attachicon.gifIMG_20161129_112204.jpg

Very consistent driver with almost exactly the same ballflight on every shot I hit. The hotmelt did it's job and the sound is really nice. It now has a strong metallic POP noise to it which is nice.

The trajectory is definitely lower but I'll need to confirm that on the course with the actual golf balls I play. Sometimes range balls have the tendency to fly lower and spin more. If it does stay the same on the course I'll probably add some loft to bring the flight up a little.

You sure you didn't hit it with an Iron Byron with those tight ball marks

Great write up and looking forward to real data on the course.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

WITB - :taylormade-small:

Driver - TaylorMade M2 - Stiff flex / 12.5*

3 & 7 Wood - TaylorMade M2

6i -Gap - TaylorMade M4- Stiff flex

Wedges - TaylorMade ATV 55* & 60*

Putter - Odyssey 2 Ball

Ball - Titleist Pro V1

Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Right Handed Neutral lie on all clubs

How was distance feel etc?

I have 3 drivers I'm rotating through this season, the Mizuno JPX 900, Callaway GBB Epic and the Wilson Triton.  So far I've been reaching for the Triton the most followed by the Mizuno.  

The Triton and the Mizuno are by far the straightest drivers but the Triton gives me the highest ballspeed. Keep in mind the ballspeed numbers are all within 1-2mph of each other. The Callaway basically matches the ballspeed but I'm not quite as accurate with it.  I've had some big misses left with the Epic and it may be due to the shaft (Rogue M-AX mid launch 65 gram).

The Triton gave me the highest ballspeed of anything I tried in the store (before the Epic came out) and gives me a perfect 13* launch with 2000 RPM spin.  The slightly lower launch is giving me more roll out and 2000 RPM seems to be right for my ~100+ mph swing.  The Mizuno and Callaway spin slightly higher at around 2400 RPM.  

Now that I've added the hotmelt to the head, the sound is a metallic pop sound and really sounds quite powerful.  It has a very springy feel off the face compared to the hard brick wall feel of the Epic.  The Mizuno sounds the best of the three.  Honestly the GBB Epic is just as loud as the Triton and neither makes anyone turn their heads at the range.  

The Triton will be THE most overlooked driver this year due to the sound and the USGA debacle.  This is really too bad because this driver is truly great and yields some fantastic results.  With all the fitting options it's damn near impossible not to be able to fit any golfer to it.

My bag is a revolving door!

I have three drivers, Powerbilt AFO DFX with Aldila RIP beta, Cobra King LTD with Aldila Rogue and Wilson Triton with Aldila Rogue. I have not put the Triton into league play yet as I am waiting for the replacement kit to make it all USGA approved. Meanwhile, I gamed the Powerbilt in our Club Championship last week shooting an 83 & 90 taking 2nd place. Then I put the Cobra King in the bag and shot a 78 & 83 at one course. In between I have gamed the Triton on non league rounds. All I can say right now is it is Head and shoulders above the other two. My drives are straight and 210-230 as compared to the Cobra at 200-215 and the Powerbilt at 200-225. For my Triton setup, I am using the carbon fiber sole plate with a 12gr in the rear with 6 grams on both the heal and toe....BAM!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Excellent! Keep us posted.

Was able to get out over the weekend for just a few swings and have to say I really like it. Noise is a bit louder then I am used to but nothing that is off putting. I am going to Wilsons Innovation center Thursday to get properly fitted for it so we will see this weekend how I am hitting it.

Archived