Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Let's Plan A Golf Trip.

Sschaffer24

Funny, I do that every year for the 2nd week of June....and every year I say I'm not going to do it anymore, but I keepdoing it.

I do it all the time for our local group for local outings here in MD. We have a core group of 8 to 12 who usually get the big group together about once a month, and it usually falls on me to get it going.   But it's just tee times and dates.   No lodging or travel to worry about.   But even getting 12 guys to agree on a date locally is almost impossible. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm all for either helping or taking the lead on planning a trip to World Woods.   At this time, if i were to do it and hope to attend it as well, Spring would be the most likely time, like Mid March to Mid April?    But that's just my thoughts, if another time of year works best for the majority, we can go with that and I'll still assist in the planning. 

One thing I know from experience is we will never find a date/location/course that pleases everybody, so it has to generally come down to going with what the majority who commit to it say works.

A good friend of mine has a saying, "if you ever see that you have too many friends, just plan a golf trip for 24, that'll fix the problem"   HA

Preach it brother!  :D 

Funny, I do that every year for the 2nd week of June....and every year I say I'm not going to do it anymore, but I keepdoing it.

Yea I have put together a few of these gatherings and after my last one, I don't plan to be in the coordinator position again.  Maybe a small let's run up to the mountains or beach kind of shindig but nothing formal.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

If anyone is in the Waco area there's a bunch of nice courses around here to try. Just let me know and I'll certainly hit the course with y'all anytime!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I looked up and reviewed World Woods and liked what I read. I'd enjoy the two courses as both look pretty good. The place also has good practices facilities.

They did a nice job posting the videos of each hole for the Pine Barrens course. Unfortunately the Rolling Oaks course videos were incomplete. Green fees are reasonable too.

If I was looking for a weekend meet-up and lived in the area/region (+- 250-300 miles) I'd certainly give it serious consideration. Sadly, the trip for me would be a little much for a weekend beat-it-around. +1,300 miles.  :unsure:

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Wow! Hard to believe it's that far between the two places.

I haven't heard any negative comments from this place and I agree with an earlier poster that said it's nice that it's kind of in the middle of nowhere.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Is this as of today? Haha.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Is this as of today? Haha.

That was last February when I played with Rev and Foz at Bayou.  So much for heading south for the winter.  It was warmer here at home that day!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I've had those moments. A few years ago in Myrtle it was 40 degrees and raining and I was on the golf course. I couldn't feel my arms or legs and was trying to golf. It was brutal.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Anything can always happen weather wise. The nicest weather times in Florida are mid October to mid December and mid March to mid May. Very little rain and quite temperate. High 70's in the day, 60 at night.

You get two weeks a year that are cold (relatively speaking). Kenny picked one but the exception doesn't negate the rule. There is a far greater chance that you will have a great day for Golf in Florida in February than in Washington or Oregon. There's also a 70 percent chance that a 7 point favorite in football will win. No doubt one will lose today.

If you decide to come to World Woods I would like to come up and play with your group one day. The only kicked would be mid-April is Holy Week. That would eliminate me.

The practice facility is the best you've ever seen.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• 4 weeks later...

I've been a fan of Virginia golf both in quality and price. I love the area around Williamsburg with Golden Horshoe then the Kingsmill Resort. Some other good tracks there too.

The other side of the state has Dye Club at VT with amazing views right along the river.

Then there are bucket listers like Bandon Dunes and RTJ golf trail.

California has some good and cheap courses too between LA and San Diego. For the cross country flight I'd definitely want to play Torrey Pines as the feature course.

I always try and stay up on the Top 100 and Top 100 public courses lists for anything new and possibly nearby where I'm traveling.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Archived