A $69 Golf Simulator ?!?!?!

Browsing the old interwebs this morning and came across something intriguing.  The Tittle X.  Weird name, but it's basically a small swing analyzer that attaches to your club.  Then it pairs via bluetooth with a phone or tablet.  Then you install software on your PC and that will take the data from your swing and turn it in to a golf shot on a simulated course.

I have no idea how accurate this thing is, but for $69 it may be worth the gamble to find out!

Check it out here.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1601126475/tittle-x-the-worlds-first-ultra-affordable-golf-si

Anyone taking the plunge?  Thoughts?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Call them up and have them send you one.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I can't get past the name of it.   Every time they said it, I chuckled a bit, "He said Tittle" Yes, I have the maturity of a 13 year old at times  :D

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I can't get past the name of it.   Every time they said it, I chuckled a bit, "He said Tittle" Yes, I have the maturity of a 13 year old at times  :D

Same here brother -- I'm Butthead to your Bevis...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I can't get past the name of it. Every time they said it, I chuckled a bit, "He said Tittle" Yes, I have the maturity of a 13 year old at times :D

I think I want one, just so I tell my wife I'm going to play with the Tittle...

Driver: Taylormade SLDR, Diamana Kai'li 70 

3 Wood: Callaway X Tour 15*

Hybrid: Bobby Jones 21* (Original)

Irons: Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW

Wedges: Scor 4161 52*, 57*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport

I so badly want to throw money at this, but it's a gamble.  :unsure:

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

A little more research has come up with this tidbit..

The Story behind ti.ttle

A "tittle" is a dot that is a part of a letter.
For example, it is the smallest part of an "i" or "j" but is integral to completing the letter.
Likewise, our device, ti.ttle, was created to complete your swing by attaching to your club like a small dot on an "i".
Our goal is to help you improve your swing and by doing so maximize your enjoyment of the game of golf.

Also for the $69 you get 5 basic courses, the ti.ttle device and 2 clips for clubs.  So if you want to hit more than 2 clubs you are going to be swapping the clips or you'll have to buy more.  Looking at the regular website http://ti-ttle.com/shop/list.doand it doesn't appear that they sell just the clips alone at this point.  The clips are also club specific, I'm assuming so the device can do some calculations based on what it thinks a 7i should do etc.  I still haven't found what it measures vs what it calculates.

It's still pretty intriguing that for $69 you would have the ability to swing a real club and see ball flight on a monitor or projector, but it's not quite going to allow you to play a full round with all your clubs for that price.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

• 5 months later...

I know this thread is a couple months old, but has anyone actually tried this thing out yet? I have perused the website and tried to find some reviews online, but I haven't really found anything that is very informative. Is it actually worth purchasing, or is this something that would be more like playing Wii golf, but with the ability to use your own clubs for a more realistic feel than holding a goofy Wii-mote. Or would it actually provide some meaningful and realistic readings that might help you with your golf game without spending a fortune?

Driver: Nike Covert Tour 2.0, Kuro Kage Silver TiNi (S) cut to 44.5" -- Wood: Callaway X-Hot pro 4 Wood 17* stock project x shaft (S) Hybrid: Bridgestone Precept ECU 21* (S) -- Irons: Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pro KBS C taper (S) -- Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 54*, 58* (W) -- Putter: Odyssey O Works Red #7s 35” -- Bucket List Courses Played: Forest Dunes, The Loop at Forest Dunes Black and Red, All Tree Tops courses, Black Wolf Run, The Irish Course at Whistling Straits

Archived