TESTERS WANTED! ×

Holiday Wish List hosted by GolfSpyMBP

The Dansome

Just sent Santa (aka my wife) my list and it was fairly extensive as she had requested.  Unfortunately I have really expensive tastes so hopefully she pairs it down to one or two things.

Okay, I will take the three putters on the list if she is feeling generous :)

WITB 2024

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 9* SHAFT TBD...

:taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

:callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

:callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

:callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great post and damn sexy my man.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Probably from seeing their clubs in Walmart and such as you went around the store. For a long time I looked at Wilson with a similar view, now ironically I see them as a smaller more boutique brand even though they're a massive company. They have small time appeal to them, which is good. More niche.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

I'm a huge fan of the Epoch tees. They are virtually indestructible, affordable and I love the lines on them that allow me to tee the ball up at the same and consistent height. They're what works for me!

I use those but they're anything but indestructible for me. I'm pretty sure last time we played Matt saw me break 3 of them lol

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

MBP, You have to get on these tees http://www.flex-head.com/ I've been using them for years, since, I think Dave, mantioned them on this site.

Lifetime guarantee, that I've used once, and now with a new model, I'm going to buy some more.

Can't believe it, but .. just went and bought the "Player's Pack" sampler set ($17.99 and free shipping). I always 'turn up my nose' at all the gadget tees but looks like these guys really have something worthwhile!

Plus - they did NOT guarantee me another 5-10 yards....

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Is this like ultimate wish list or what we might actually get? Either way ultimate would be a tour card. I would be happy hanging with Bodo every tourney that dude is funny. Actual would be just a sweet round with some of my good buddies at like the straights or erin hills. Or whatever pro course we could get on.

I've met Bowdo (assume you mean Steve Bowditch) absolute cracker of a bloke (some Aussie slang for you) A mate of mine caddied for him in his early days, has some great stories. Hopefully he can get healthy a really show his best.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

For Christmas I just want to continue my current form. Striking the ball really well, nothing spectacular, but nothing awful either.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I use those but they're anything but indestructible for me. I'm pretty sure last time we played Matt saw me break 3 of them lol

That's interesting Theoo. I bought three packs about four years ago and still have 70% or more of my tees. There are times where they break for sure and times I lose them, but all in all they're really pretty durable. Hmm.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

That's interesting Theoo. I bought three packs about four years ago and still have 70% or more of my tees. There are times where they break for sure and times I lose them, but all in all they're really pretty durable. Hmm.

I can always tell when someone hasn't seen Theoo swing a club haha. Lets just say there is nothing non-violent about his swing.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

Hahahaha. Exactly what I would expect from him, honestly.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

So many people loving these irons. I Always though of Wilson as a off-brand ..like a McGregor

Sent from my iPhone while sitting at the 19th hole.

Wilson was around before people either knew about or talked about Callaway or TaylorMade.   The first set of clubs that I purchased was a Wilson Sam Sneed Blue Ridge starter set.   My first full set of clubs were made by Spalding.   But then, my first pair of golf shoes had kilties.  Why do I keep reminding myself how old I am???

Wilson was around before people either knew about or talked about Callaway or TaylorMade.   The first set of clubs that I purchased was a Wilson Sam Sneed Blue Ridge starter set.   My first full set of clubs were made by Spalding.   But then, my first pair of golf shoes had kilties.  Why do I keep reminding myself how old I am???

My first set of cleated shoes also had the Kilt......it was amazing how a small piece of leather kept the dirt and grind out of the shoestrings......it actually had a function.  Where are they today?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

My first set of cleated shoes also had the Kilt......it was amazing how a small piece of leather kept the dirt and grind out of the shoestrings......it actually had a function.  Where are they today?

While I never thought about it before, you are right, the kilties had a function.  But back then, I just thought they looked cool.   I also really miss the clicking sound that medal spikes made on hard surfaces.   Where are they today--I suspect just in our memories. 

While I never thought about it before, you are right, the kilties had a function.  But back then, I just thought they looked cool.   I also really miss the clicking sound that medal spikes made on hard surfaces.   Where are they today--I suspect just in our memories. 

The clickety clack sound made when I walked on the concrete around the clubhouse....WOW! That sound made me feel like I was somebody important.....I was a Golfer!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Maybe you can get an app that makes spike clicking sounds when you walk on concrete...  just like the NHTSA requiring electric vehicles make sounds so pedestrians can hear them coming.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• SPY VIP

DAY 8

bawear.jpg

Holiday Wish List Day 8:
@wearbradleyallan set out to create “A stylish golf shirt that's as dry on 18 green as it was on the first tee.” and I can't argue with that. The blend of lightweight Pima cotton and technical, quick-drying polyester is like gentle kisses on your skin. The true beauty of the Oxford Pique Polo is it still looks and feels the same after a wash, dry and iron. For the most stylish man on the course and at Christmas dinner this season, give this gift of fine apparel

https://www.bradley-allan.com/

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

How's the fit on these Dan?

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

I can always tell when someone hasn't seen Theoo swing a club haha. Lets just say there is nothing non-violent about his swing.

Lies! My swing is silky smooth lol

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Good to know. I'm going to need an entirely new golf wardrobe next season and stuff like this is important. Thanks man!

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

• SPY VIP

Good to know. I'm going to need an entirely new golf wardrobe next season and stuff like this is important. Thanks man!

I like the fit, it's still comfortable, but not sloppy looking.

*Please note I do need smaller fitting shorts.

20160909_081553_HDR.jpg

20161119_164004_HDR.jpg

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Fitted, I'm a medium and wear a large in this shirt.

MBP, you need something like this......

buck-naked-nothing-at-all-916-wide.jpg

Does Mrs MBP know that?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Does Mrs MBP know that?

I think she may .. did you notice the large selection of premium upgrade shafts behind MBP in his second fashion shoot pic?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

He's got some premium shafts, for sure!

I'm with you on this one. My wish is that the USGA will grant my request to have sand bunkers considered as ground under repair. They ain't green, golf was designed to be played on green surfaces. The sheep herders didn't invent the game in a desert.

Additionally, after my experience of the past year, I wish to remain healthy and continue to enjoy playing with my buds.

After watching the USGA events the past couple of years, I wouldn't hold my breath. They are buying into the idea that "brown is better."

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

I like the fit, it's still comfortable, but not sloppy looking.

*Please note I do need smaller fitting shorts.

attachicon.gif20160909_081553_HDR.jpg

attachicon.gif20161119_164004_HDR.jpg

Um... I could do with a room full of shafts like that, to go along with the launch monitor I mentioned earlier, that was built to be an indoor practice facility!!! Man! Talk about a dream!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Archived