Our Sponsors

Photo

Bridgestone Invitational rules violation?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TheShark

TheShark

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:30 PM

Final round of the Bridgestone Invitational

Just saw Ryan Palmer pressing down spike marks on #17 green on his intended line. Anyone else see this? Is this a rules violation?

Rule 16-1
...c. Repair of Hole Plugs, Ball Marks and Other Damage
The player may repair an old hole plug or damage to the putting green caused by the impact of a ball, whether or not the player’s ball lies on the putting green. If a ball or ball-marker is accidentally moved in the process of the repair, the ball or ball-marker must be replaced. There is no penalty, provided the movement of the ball or ball-marker is directly attributable to the specific act of repairing an old hole plug or damage to the putting green caused by the impact of a ball.

Any other damage to the putting green must not be repaired if it might assist the player in his subsequent play of the hole.

#2 cheymike

cheymike

SR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationCheyenne, Wyo
  • Handicap:18

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:04 PM

Maybe it wasn't spike marks??? I'm sure the rules gods would have caught that.... maybe.... lol
•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      29 Aug
    Dhuck Whooker

Spent this afternoon in a Golf----- checking out the equpiment. Can't afford to buy a bag of tees, so all we can do is dream. Used to do this in sporting goods stores when I was 12 , too. Now I'm 54. Nothing was really changed. All this great stuff and no money to buy it.

Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      08 Aug
    HackHawk

Why do manufacturers put an iron equivalent on hybrids when the distances seem so much greater than irons. Surely it'd be better to just give lofts. Incidentally, perhaps irons should have degrees of loft on them instead of numbers too!

Show comments (2)
View All Updates

Our Sponsors