Our Sponsors

Photo

When isTaylorMade going to release the R11 driver and irons?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 odyssey putters

odyssey putters

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Handicap:19

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:42 PM

When will TaylorMade release the R11 driver or irons?
Timeframe

Guesses, Rumors, Facts welcome

#2 Justin66

Justin66

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members

• 884 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:12 PM

When will TaylorMade release the R11 driver or irons?
Timeframe

Guesses, Rumors, Facts welcome

If they follow their normal pattern... tomorrow. The r11 SuperQuick would then be released in February, followed by the r11 SuperHyper in August '11. :D

I'm just having fun with you. Honestly, though, they do have HUGE turnover rates... not cool for the retailers. If you get a version of r9, you'll most likely get the exact same club only with a different paint scheme (there are a few differences: original r9 is 430cc, r9 460 is 460cc (no MWT), r9 SuperTri is the two original concepts rolled into one). Unless they put interchangable face technology ( :( ) on the r11, you won't be missing anything.

#3 jamo

jamo

AGENT NAME: PLANO

• Members
  • 2,717 posts
  • LocationMA
  • Handicap:1.5

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:38 PM

I guess when they come out with some sort of new innovation. The r5 came out when they had clubs with different pre-set weights. The r7 came out when they introduced MWT. The R9 came out when they introduced FCT. I would imagine 1 or 2 more versions of the R9 before that happens though.

#4 cheymike

cheymike

SR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationCheyenne, Wyo
  • Handicap:18

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:41 PM

I'm betting it'll be out by the beginning of 2011. Gotta start the new year with something new and improved and longer and straighter and and and..... :D
•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

#5 JonL_TK

JonL_TK

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Handicap:6.2

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:51 AM

Ur forgetting, interchangeable address plates so you can match your outfits to the club!!!
Maybe interchangeable face plates? Conforming and Non Conforming???

Will be interesting if they followed Adam's and came out with a system similar to the Distance Fitting System aka DFS?

#6 golfplaya

golfplaya

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Handicap:9

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:33 PM

we've seen the new forged line up. unfortunately, they look Terrible. i would really like to see some r11 irons this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      29 Aug
    Dhuck Whooker

Spent this afternoon in a Golf----- checking out the equpiment. Can't afford to buy a bag of tees, so all we can do is dream. Used to do this in sporting goods stores when I was 12 , too. Now I'm 54. Nothing was really changed. All this great stuff and no money to buy it.

Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      08 Aug
    HackHawk

Why do manufacturers put an iron equivalent on hybrids when the distances seem so much greater than irons. Surely it'd be better to just give lofts. Incidentally, perhaps irons should have degrees of loft on them instead of numbers too!

Show comments (3)
View All Updates

Recent Topics

Our Sponsors