Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Young Bros Stamps & Cell Parts Custom Ferrules

I just wanted to share my recent experiences with two top notch American businesses.

With the Chicago golf season starting to draw to a close, I was planning what I would do with my clubs over the winter. I decided that I wanted to spine and FLO the shafts of my clubs, and while the heads were off I thought I might do some stamping as well. I already had a set of stamps, but they are the cheap Harbor Freight kind and I had already knocked one of the stamps flat trying to stamp a Vokey wedge. I knew I would need an upgrade. I searched the forums looking for recommendations and found that Young Bros Stamps were considered the top of the line. They are more expensive than other brands, but I was willing to spend a little more for the quality. I looked on their web site and saw that they have a few different levels of stamps, but I didn't know which one would best suit my needs. I called their customer service number, and the lady I spoke with could not have been more helpful. She even volunteered to send me a sample stamp of two different kinds (hand cut and heavy duty) so that I could compare for myself. The stamps arrived today and I am extremely impressed with the quality. Stamping with Young Bros stamps versus the Harbor Freight cheapos is a night and day difference. The stamp goes in all the way on the first strike and is stamped perfectly even. After knocking a dozen M's into my 64* wedge, I immediately went online and purchased a set of the heavy duty stamps, and I can't wait for them to arrive.

The final part of my winter project was to get some custom ferrules to match the new paint fill I am planning. Again, after a bit of forum searching, I found out about Cell Parts Custom Ferrules. I went to their website and found out that they are based only 20 minutes from my house! I gave them a call and asked if I could stop by their shop to pick up some ferrules. The ladies at Cell Parts were all very friendly and even showed me some colors that are not on their website yet (ask about the pearl blue, it's awesome!). Not only does Cell Parts have lots of different stock color options, but they will allow you to custom design any combination that you can imagine: pink ferrules with blue, white, and green stripes....purple ferrules with black, yellow, and orange stripes...endless possibilities. It makes me sad that I only have one set of clubs to reshaft.

Anyway, I will definitely be posting some new bag pics once all of this gets accomplished, but I wanted to give both Young Bros and Cell Parts their propers for making awesome products right here in America and having great customer service.

http://www.cell-parts.net/about.htm

http://www.youngbrosstampworks.com/

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I just wanted to share my recent experiences with two top notch American businesses.

With the Chicago golf season starting to draw to a close, I was planning what I would do with my clubs over the winter. I decided that I wanted to spine and FLO the shafts of my clubs, and while the heads were off I thought I might do some stamping as well. I already had a set of stamps, but they are the cheap Harbor Freight kind and I had already knocked one of the stamps flat trying to stamp a Vokey wedge. I knew I would need an upgrade. I searched the forums looking for recommendations and found that Young Bros Stamps were considered the top of the line. They are more expensive than other brands, but I was willing to spend a little more for the quality. I looked on their web site and saw that they have a few different levels of stamps, but I didn't know which one would best suit my needs. I called their customer service number, and the lady I spoke with could not have been more helpful. She even volunteered to send me a sample stamp of two different kinds (hand cut and heavy duty) so that I could compare for myself. The stamps arrived today and I am extremely impressed with the quality. Stamping with Young Bros stamps versus the Harbor Freight cheapos is a night and day difference. The stamp goes in all the way on the first strike and is stamped perfectly even. After knocking a dozen M's into my 64* wedge, I immediately went online and purchased a set of the heavy duty stamps, and I can't wait for them to arrive.

The final part of my winter project was to get some custom ferrules to match the new paint fill I am planning. Again, after a bit of forum searching, I found out about Cell Parts Custom Ferrules. I went to their website and found out that they are based only 20 minutes from my house! I gave them a call and asked if I could stop by their shop to pick up some ferrules. The ladies at Cell Parts were all very friendly and even showed me some colors that are not on their website yet (ask about the pearl blue, it's awesome!). Not only does Cell Parts have lots of different stock color options, but they will allow you to custom design any combination that you can imagine: pink ferrules with blue, white, and green stripes....purple ferrules with black, yellow, and orange stripes...endless possibilities. It makes me sad that I only have one set of clubs to reshaft.

Anyway, I will definitely be posting some new bag pics once all of this gets accomplished, but I wanted to give both Young Bros and Cell Parts their propers for making awesome products right here in America and having great customer service.

http://www.cell-parts.net/about.htm

http://www.youngbrosstampworks.com/

Sweet! I emphasized that bit because it's nice to see... quality golf stuff made here. I'm thinking of doing the paintfill/customized ferrules as well... Matter of fact, now I AM going to check out that pearl blue (and the website). Thanks for the heads up!

No worries. I know we're all quick to use these forums to bash companies that do things wrong (which is fine), but I think it's good to point out the bright spots as well. Cell Parts is a really neat group of people, they do everything right there in one location from production, distribution, sales, etc. I'm hoping that with a little pub more people will be checking them out to personalize their clubs.

The only place we get our ferrules from is Cell Parts......aside from the color options, the quality cannot be beat.

They supply the ferrules for many OEM companies as well.

I love Cell Parts. My contact there has hooked me up on tons of occasions. She's even sent me samples of every single color of ferrules they produce. She sent it in 3 separate shipping boxes. Not every color combination, but every color they have. There were over 200 ferrules in the boxes she sent me.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

No worries. I know we're all quick to use these forums to bash companies that do things wrong (which is fine), but I think it's good to point out the bright spots as well. Cell Parts is a really neat group of people, they do everything right there in one location from production, distribution, sales, etc. I'm hoping that with a little pub more people will be checking them out to personalize their clubs.

If it weren't for many of you here, changing to a colored ferrule (as opposed to the standard black w/ accent color) would never have been an option for me. Getting to see it in action, so to speak, has definitely changed my opinion for the better. You are absolutely right: there are many bright spots here at MGS.

Saturn, do you happpen to have any pictures of the pearl blue? I checked the website and couldn't find it, then tried emailing them. I got an autoresponse, but it's been a few days and haven't heard anything else yet. If you don't, that's cool; but if you do, it's greatly appreciated.

Saturn, do you happpen to have any pictures of the pearl blue? I checked the website and couldn't find it, then tried emailing them. I got an autoresponse, but it's been a few days and haven't heard anything else yet. If you don't, that's cool; but if you do, it's greatly appreciated.

I don't have any pics on hand, but I think my club building should be complete by week's end, so I'll have all new bag pics then including the pearl blue ferrules.

I'll post some when I get home. I have samples of every color they offer. Let me know if you want any ferrules, I can get you in touch with my contact there, which gets you in touch with them much faster than their site. It takes a long time for them to reply the standard route. And I get nothing out of it, just have a good relationship with a lady that works there from ordering so much.

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I forgot to take pics last night and post them. I will today if I can remember.

In The Bag

Here's the Pearl Blue in a few sample options:

DSC02650.jpg

DSC02651.jpg

A few other colors (there are literally hundreds of colors and thousands of combinations. Pretty much anything you want, they can make.

DSC02652.jpg

And if you're interested in ordering some, shoot me a PM and I'll put you in touch with my contact there. She'll have them out quick and they'll be at your door quick. They really are a pleasure to work with.

In The Bag

Lovin' that lime green ferrule. If I didn't have so much school spirit, lime green would play a big role in my bag.

I just got my irons epoxied today. Everything should be back in playing order by the weekend with pictures to follow.

Lovin' that lime green ferrule. If I didn't have so much school spirit, lime green would play a big role in my bag.

I just got my irons epoxied today. Everything should be back in playing order by the weekend with pictures to follow.

That's what's on my current set of irons, they're in my WITB's.

In The Bag

• 2 weeks later...

OK, after getting my samples, I was absolutely convinced I needed to buy from JV-Cell. Just as I said, after my last post I ordered a 12pk of both the Pearl Blue and Green. That was Friday at 11:00 am. Today, when my mail arrived at 9:30, guess what? There they were! Amazing. Mary Anne and Juliana were both very nice and a joy to do business with.

I think I might have reached a new level of golf geekiness. I've never been excited about ferrules before, but thanks to Satern, RB7 and JV-Cell, I am. I'm going to redo my irons this winter... I can't wait!

• 1 year later...

I just wanted to bump this thread and say AGAIN how amazing Cell Parts is. Here's my story:

I'll skip the first part, and go straight to: I needed a special, weird, collared ferrule to rebuild some irons. I called Cell Parts after they were closed on Tuesday, and my call was returned early Wednesday morning. I was told, "Come on in, we'll see if we can make something work, I'll leave the door unlocked." Not only was the door unlocked, but Juliana was holding the door for me (irons, shafts, heads, and a baby was a lot to handle) when I arrived. Please keep in mind this isn't exactly a retail storefront, but they are always happy to welcome me in when I need something. Also know that I'm not exactly a big time customer: I've been there maybe 6 times in the last 3 years, spending a total of under $100.

We went in the back and played around with different ferrules until we found the best fit. She also took measurements and pictures of the clubs and ferrules so that they could build ferrules that would fit exactly in the future. On my way out, I decided that I wanted to buy a couple more bags of my normal blue ferrules, too. She didn't have the exact right one (though there was one that was close that I happily would have taken), so she had two dozen made for me on the spot.

Customer service like this isn't common, and it needs to be recognized when it happens. If you want to make your clubs more awesome, get some Cell Parts ferrules.

Archived