Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Member Introductions

Posting less and avoiding confrontations...

Well, hopefully one doesn't have anything to do with the other. But, welcome back.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife plays too. I'm hoping one day we can all four go out and play 18. How freaking cool would that be?

I'd enjoy that. Is your wife a good player or does she just go out for fun? My wife claims to be the latter, but plays pretty decently, usually right around 100.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Hi everyone:

My name is Rick and I am from Ontario, Canada. I'm 54 and love putters and the game of golf in general. As well, it is very nice to see some very familiar names from other places.

Welcome aboard Rick, you will love the Putter section!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Hi everyone:

My name is Rick and I am from Ontario, Canada. I'm 54 and love putters and the game of golf in general. As well, it is very nice to see some very familiar names from other places.

Welcome. Definitely plenty of putter nuts around here, glad to add one more!

I'd enjoy that. Is your wife a good player or does she just go out for fun? My wife claims to be the latter, but plays pretty decently, usually right around 100.

Being a teacher, she only has time to play during the Summer and she just doesn't get out enough to get good. I'm hoping, once the boys get a little older, she will be able to get out more and not be the one stuck at the house watching them. We all got out a couple times last year, but only for range time and par 3 stuff. The boys just aren't ready to endure 18 holes yet.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

• SPY VIP

Being a teacher, she only has time to play during the Summer and she just doesn't get out enough to get good. I'm hoping, once the boys get a little older, she will be able to get out more and not be the one stuck at the house watching them. We all got out a couple times last year, but only for range time and par 3 stuff. The boys just aren't ready to endure 18 holes yet.

Invest in the push carts for the kids. Added a touch of endurance to my 9 year old. Still not a chance of 18, but the daddy carry my clubs thing at hole 7 went away...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Invest in the push carts for the kids. Added a touch of endurance to my 9 year old. Still not a chance of 18, but the daddy carry my clubs thing at hole 7 went away...

Do they make push carts for juniors?

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

I imagine I'm in the minority, but I love par 3 courses, and I think they're great for kids and new golfers. A par 3 league is how we got my mom to take up the game, it's how I got my wife into it, and my brother prefers a par 3 to real golf too.

I imagine I'm in the minority, but I love par 3 courses, and I think they're great for kids and new golfers. A par 3 league is how we got my mom to take up the game, it's how I got my wife into it, and my brother prefers a par 3 to real golf too.

I like them too - especially for the quality family time. I also take the opportunity to focus on my short game (which can always use some work).

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

I like them too - especially for the quality family time. I also take the opportunity to focus on my short game (which can always use some work).

Absolutely. When I start breaking par (or just shooting par) at a Par 3 course, then I'll get my nose up about needing to play "real" golf. Until then, I'm happy there.

Absolutely. When I start breaking par (or just shooting par) at a Par 3 course, then I'll get my nose up about needing to play "real" golf. Until then, I'm happy there.

Where do you guys play? I'm not familiar with any short courses in your area. Randall Oaks has a little 3-hole course but its boring to keep repeating the same three holes. The kids get bored.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

• SPY VIP

Do they make push carts for juniors?

Lots of pull, and a few smaller push.

I just threw his bag on my clicgear. easier on me when he was too tired to push too than the low cart

Volvo Intorqueo

I actually find it much more difficult to score on a Par 54 course than a par 72. It might be because the strongest part of my game is driving the ball, and that just doesn't factor in a par 54. Sounds like I should play them some more. Especially since I work at one.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• SPY VIP

The small Par 29 nine hole by me (Campus Commons) has a couple of really tough holes. Right on the river with trees overhanging the fairways. Good place to practice being creative...

Volvo Intorqueo

Lots of pull, and a few smaller push.

I just threw his bag on my clicgear. easier on me when he was too tired to push too than the low cart

Their bags are so small though... would they even fit on a standard size cart?

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

I actually find it much more difficult to score on a Par 54 course than a par 72. It might be because the strongest part of my game is driving the ball, and that just doesn't factor in a par 54. Sounds like I should play them some more. Especially since I work at one.

It couldn't hurt, right? The way I struggled around the greens on Friday, I know I could use some more devotion on the short game.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

The small Par 29 nine hole by me (Campus Commons) has a couple of really tough holes. Right on the river with trees overhanging the fairways. Good place to practice being creative...

Yeah, that sounds pretty cool. I'm telling you... for high handicaps, the best way to cut strokes rapidly is to focus on your short game. I am sure I'm not telling you anything you haven't already heard before.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

This happens to be too, mostly because I don't birdie par 3's often. It is much easier to birdie par 5's and 4's.

Where do you guys play? I'm not familiar with any short courses in your area. Randall Oaks has a little 3-hole course but its boring to keep repeating the same three holes. The kids get bored.

There's a par three course in Arlington Heights, on the north end. It's called....Nickol Knoll (sp?). It's a fun little course and a decent walk with all the hills. 9 holes.

This happens to be too, mostly because I don't birdie par 3's often. It is much easier to birdie par 5's and 4's.

My lowest round on the 18 hole course at the shop is 1 over. Drives me nuts when people say that they don't want to play par 3's because it's not "real" golf. Come on out and shoot 4 or 5 under and we will talk.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

My lowest round on the 18 hole course at the shop is 1 over. Drives me nuts when people say that they don't want to play par 3's because it's not "real" golf. Come on out and shoot 4 or 5 under and we will talk.

I'm not saying par 3 courses aren't real golf, far from it. I'm saying I'm not very good at them, I'm not very good at par 3 holes. 9 of them in a row can be killer.

But Nic, the game is all about the big dog, don't you know that? If I can drive it 300, it doesn't matter that it takes me 10 more strokes to get it in the hole. B)

There's a par three course in Arlington Heights, on the north end. It's called....Nickol Knoll (sp?). It's a fun little course and a decent walk with all the hills. 9 holes.

Thanks Matt. Arlington Heights is a little far. I was hoping for something more of the west side of you. Oh well.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Thanks Matt. Arlington Heights is a little far. I was hoping for something more of the west side of you. Oh well.

There's one in Schaumburg too, Walnut Greens. I've never been, but it's only $10 for 9 holes. Good way to get some golf in when time is tight. We should check it out.

There's one in Schaumburg too, Walnut Greens. I've never been, but it's only $10 for 9 holes. Good way to get some golf in when time is tight. We should check it out.

Absolutely. Much to do after April 1.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Yeah...reintroduce myself to my wife and dog...fix my yard...read a book

Our lives have been divided into two parts. The cave existence we live now and what we will do with ourselves once emerging from the cave after April 1.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Archived