How To Remove a Putter Head?!? NEED IMEDIATE HELP!!
Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:00 PM
Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:36 PM
2. You will need to have the hosel or shaft (depending on what type of putter you have) exposed in the vise. You will then need to apply heat to this area in a uniform manner. You can use an electric heat gun or propane torch for this. This will soften the epoxy enough for you to remove the head.
3. Make sure to wear gloves if you are going to be pulling or slightly twisting the shaft near the area you have applied heat to.
4. After about 30-45 seconds check the shaft to see if it can be removed. If not try again for 15-30 more seconds. Should come off easily after that. Electric heat guns might take a little while longer then a propane torch but all can be done in under a couple minutes.
Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:46 PM
Driver: TaylorMade Superfast 2.0 version 2 LCG w/ Grafalloy BiMatrix Tour Proto X-flex
3+ wood: 13* Nike SQ w/ Aldila NV 85X tipped to spec
5 wood: 18* Nike SQ2 Monorail w/ Talamonti PD80 Tour X tipped to spec
4 Hybrid: 4/21 TaylorMade Rescue11 set to neutral w/ Talamonti H100 X tipped to spec
5-PW Adams A4 Tour Black w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 hardstepped once, bent to trad. lofts
GW: 51 degree Ping Eye2 BeCu w/ TiSandvick Titanium Stepless X flex
SW: 56 degree Scratch Tour Dept 1018 w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner (CC grooves)
LW: 60 degree Scratch Tour Dept. 1018 w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner (CC grooves)
XW: 64 degree Callaway V-Forged Vintage w/ Dynamic Gold X100 Tiger Stepped (CC grooves off tour van)
Putter: Right now? Scotty Cameron Newport Beach 2 Prototype Centershaft 33.75" w/ Super Stroke USA Ryder Cup Slim
Have a ton of back-up putters and always play with 14 clubs, above are what's in the rotation. And yes, I'm a club *****.
Share this topic:
1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users
Recent Status Updates
PFCBirdieBabe Having read the thread, and Richard was wrong, as was Rookie, yet you let it go and say that ya expect two type A's to real it in?.As the owner of a business with 11 employees, 9 FT, I have a good handle & I know Richaard well, & he is in real life as he is in what I've read in the forum, and you let the in the sand stand, and ya got what you got..
May 17 2013 05:56 PM
R.P. Jacobs II No anger here X..Ya did what ya had to do..It is what it is..Have a good one:-)
May 17 2013 05:43 PM
Recently Added Topics
- Distance irons - hoe's your game been inside 150yds?
Today, 03:38 PM
- Met 3 nice people at the course yesterday
Today, 09:28 AM
- Nicolas Colsaerts has to take ‘relief’
by GolfSpy MBP
Today, 03:49 AM
- iliac Golf
Yesterday, 07:53 PM
- TW 14's to be on NIKEID ?
Yesterday, 04:48 PM
The Latest at the Blog
| VOTE NOW! – Golf Pic of the Week
Spend Some Time with Meghan Hardin
Giveaway – Limited Edition Cobra Rickie Fowler Tour Trusty Wedge
SHAFT REVIEW! – UST Recoil Iron Shafts