2 replies to this topic

#1 Jondagcl

Jondagcl

SR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:38 AM

After reading a few of the tips on here (thanks Rookieblue) and the putterlounge thread with that great orange paintfill I figured I'd mess around with my wedges and see if I could come up with anything that looked good.

I know orange can't be everyones favorite color, but it is mine so. Here are some pics of what I did. I had never done paint fill before but it was so easy.

I used the Tamiya x-acrylic. I purchased a few colors (at 2.50 each its tough beat the prices) and I used an aerosol paint stripper.

Here is the step by step

Spray Paint stripper
Posted Image
I waited the suggested amount of time and it stripped out all the black. And exposed white paintfill under the black. So I had to do this twice.

So here we go, after two paint stripper applications. Made the wedges look nice and shiny also.
Posted Image
Ok, that powerbilt wedge I dont actually play. That is my test paint fill wedge since I bought two oranges. A translucent and a normal orange. I wanted to test that wedge out first. Its a super old wedge I dug out of the garage.

Here is that powerbilt. That transulcent oragne was a no go. It just looked weird.
Posted Image

So I went with that regular orange color on my actual wedges here
Posted Image

I did two coats of that orange just to make it bright and fill in as much as I could. Im pretty pleased with the results. I hit them on the course and the paint has help up so far.

#2 Matt Saternus

Matt Saternus

AGENT NAME: FAIRHAVEN

• Members
  • 5,135 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:18 AM

Very nice work!

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

#3 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

AGENT NAME: HUNTINGTON

• Members

• 3,837 posts
  • LocationEuharlee, GA
  • Handicap:10

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:10 AM

Looks good, glad any tips I gave you helped. Don't worry, you'll be paintfilling everything now, it's addicting. I think I paintfilled a divot tool the other day.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade SLDR 430 12* (w/ toe screw) w/ Project X Handcrafted LZ16 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade SLDR TS 13* with Aldila NV 75X
3 Hybrid: Adams Super LSP 18* (bent to 17*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams Super LSP 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
5-7I : Tour Issued Adams CB2 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour issue S400 hardstepped 1x
8-GW: Tour Issued Adams CB1 w/ Dynamic Gold S400 hardstepped 1x

SW: 56* Cleveland CG12 (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Cleveland CG12 (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
Putter: Mannkrafted Widebody Rattler 34", 71* lie, 4* loft

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      10 Sep
    hckymeyer

Played yesterday and it was 76 degrees w/ 5mph winds, today playing in 50 degrees w/ 15-20mph winds. Sometimes I hate MN

Show comments (1)
  • Photo
      29 Aug
    Dhuck Whooker

Spent this afternoon in a Golf----- checking out the equpiment. Can't afford to buy a bag of tees, so all we can do is dream. Used to do this in sporting goods stores when I was 12 , too. Now I'm 54. Nothing was really changed. All this great stuff and no money to buy it.

Show comments (5)
  • Photo
      08 Aug
    HackHawk

Why do manufacturers put an iron equivalent on hybrids when the distances seem so much greater than irons. Surely it'd be better to just give lofts. Incidentally, perhaps irons should have degrees of loft on them instead of numbers too!

Show comments (3)
View All Updates

Our Sponsors