TESTERS WANTED! ×

Master Grip DynaGrip Elite Glove

RookieBlue7

I hope Matt doesn't mind, but I used the basic lay out of his reviews to make one for this one so it'd have some structure and a format for scoring the product. On with the review.

MasterGrip DynaGrip Elite Golf Glove

cdff9184.jpg

3cf7b0d2.jpg

950c27d3.jpg

Introduction

I'd already tried their golf balls(The C4 Tour Urethane), which I've reviewed previously. I've seen rave reviews on their gloves elsewhere, so I decided to give them a shot. Contained within is my experiences with the gloves, from the initial purchase to my feelings after playing 50 rounds with the same one.

From the Manufacturer

Our newest glove features thinner, softer leather.

While the DynaGrip Elite is the best glove you can buy, it is not for everyone. It's a glove for the golfers who value feel over durability. In fact, this is the quality of glove preferred and worn by many Tour professionals.

DynaGrip Elite starts with thinner, softer Cabretta leather for the most sensitive feel you have ever experienced in a golf glove. The Elite also features a stretchable nylon hinge across the first knuckles so you can take your grip without tugging on the leather.

Like the style preferred by Tour pros, this glove does not include a snap-on ball marker and is available only in a classic silvery-white color.

Style – 10 Points

When people are looking at golf gloves, and I know I'm guilty of it, we tend to think “this is going to look cool” or something less appealing such as “well, it's not the shiniest penny in the roll”. Can you really give much credence to style for a golf glove? There's only so many ways you can design and implement materials into a golf glove and it still be functional. That said, these look just as cool and stylish as any other golf glove on the market. And, their logo, while it's a simple mg that's inside of a traditional circle, kind of inspires thoughts of others around us. OMG would be one, text slang for oh my gosh (in case you're not a texter, figured I'd go ahead and break that one down). It's simple classic colors, a white glove with a simple black and green logo. This glove is no nonsense, and isn't gaudy. If you're not a flashy golfer, this one's for you.

Score: 9.5/10

Comfort – 25 points

This is one of the critical areas that a golf glove, in my personal opinion, must perform in. It has to be comfortable. We've all put on those cheaper gloves that always seem to have mismatched seams, or that one seam inside that is just a tad crooked that seems to get right into an area that it doesn't need to be in and gets stuck there. We've also all put on those gloves that just seem to be down right thick and hindering. These are made of cabretta leather, and the seams on every one I've worn (I received 2 of them, which I'll get to later) fell right into their rightful place, didn't have a bunch of excess material to bunch up, and were softer than Liberace at the Playboy mansion. I'm serious, I've never put on a glove that felt like I had pulled on a thin layer of extra dermis, but that's what these were like. It's, by far, the most comfortable glove I've ever put on my hand, and I've tried a ton of gloves.

Score: 25/25

Performance – 25 points

How can one rate a glove on performance, you might ask. There are the subjective categories, and then there are the tangible categories. I'm going to include a little of both in this review.

First, for the subjective categories. These gloves, after an extended wearing period, were just as soft and tacky as the day I pulled them out of the packaging. They held their tack well. I don't know if it's the way I care for my gloves, or what, but these things flat out performed.

I always make sure to let my gloves air out a bit before putting them away in their original packaging and then I go one step further and store my gloves in a thin Rubbermaid container inside my bag. To me, it helps retain the natural moisture of the glove and keeps the weather from drying them out.

Whatever it is, these gloves never got slick or brittle. The velcro also didn't tend to pick up fibers from my pants/shorts or anything else like others do. I always keep my glove in my back pocket, removing it after every shot, sticking it in my pocket, opening first until I get to my ball for my next shot, it's part of my routine when analyzing a shot to put my glove on. Other brands have picked up lint, fibers, etc from inside my pocket and made the velcro where it didn't want to stick or would come loose mid swing. These did none of that.

For the tangible categories, we're going to look at wear. I wanted to put these through the paces and see just how much wear I could get out of them. In the past, I'd always keep 2 gloves in my bag and switch them throughout the round. They generally last half a season to a full season, depending on how much I get to play. Ordering these last year, I wanted to see how much wear I could get out of them wearing only a single gloves the entire season. I have played 50 rounds thus far with the same glove, and below are pictures of what it looks like after those 50 rounds. I don't wear a glove when chipping or putting, only for full shots. So, since I don't keep stats on myself, I don't have an exact number of shots I hit with it, but there are a BUNCH.

It's still very much playable, but since it's a new season, I'm putting a new glove into play.

This one has one tiny wear spot in the palm where the butt of the club touches my palm with my driver (I cut them at 44.75” and grip all the way to the end of the butt, club down in my fingers, and this is where the butt falls in my hand. I also have a very strong left hand grip, so that's also likely a reason it falls there. I've done it for years and after tinkering with my grip, I've had to go back to it like that because it's how I reliably hit the big dog.).

Other than that one little spot, the only thing that's happened is it's a little dirty/stained. That's bound to happen after 50 rounds, regardless of the manufacturer. No amount of cleaning it (I wipe my gloves during the round with a lightly moistened towel, just to keep them and my grips clean) is going to get those stains out or prevent them. Still, the wear after 50 rounds is very minimal, and I'm very impressed by this. I usually get 50 rounds out of 2 gloves being rotated through the season, and to get 50 out of a single glove amazes me.

1120a4d0.jpg

b39881bd.jpg

Value – 25 points

The value portion is always my favorite portion of any review. Why? Well, honestly, the state of the economy we're in today, moreso than ever during my lifetime (I'm 28), is pitiful. With the economy being a driving factor in a lot of people's budget, value for the money is always important.

How's the value on these? What would you say if I told you that the gloves are $13.95 each? That's just a shade under the price of the average player's glove by a buck or two right? Now what do you say when I tell you that MG Golf always has a buy one, get one free sale on their gloves? That ups the ante just a tad, because you get 2 gloves for $13.95, or under $7 each. If you're like me, and you go through a few gloves a year, you're saving money, no matter what side of the table you're sitting at. I'd spend $30-$35 before on my gloves of choice for two gloves, but now I'm spending less than the price of one? Get out of here. It really is true, though. They're $13.95 for 2, and that's for their top of the line, premium glove.

They have 5 different gloves to choose from on their site, all suited to different tastes. This particular glove is only available in white, but the others are available in a variety of colors, from traditional to loud, to other places in between. And these are the most expensive gloves they sell. The others are even cheaper, and they're all buy one, get one free. You can also mix and match gloves as well, but you're going to be charged for the most expensive glove in your selections first. Regardless, at $13.95, any 2 gloves are a great value. I, however, only tried the cabretta leather gloves.

Other's Impressions- 15 points

I've let a few other people try these gloves, either when they left theirs at home or just to try out to see if they liked it better than their normal glove. I'd let them try it on and hit a few balls with it just to get a feel for it. All three people that's tried it have vowed to go home and order their own set of MG Gloves. They were that impressed with them. The last person that I let try it, my uncle, who's in my normal foursome, liked it so much, he gave me a $10 bill and said I can't have it back. I told him I didn't want any money for it, and used that to buy us a few beers at the turn. But, regardless, he felt the value was there. I think he'd have paid full price if I'd have pushed, but I planned on giving it to him anyway, so I just bought beer with it.

Score: 15/15

Final Thoughts

By now, you should've been able to figure out that I'm completely sold on these gloves. I was so impressed with them that for the upcoming season, I ordered 4 gloves (for $29 and some change including shipping).

I don't know that I'll wear another big name manufacturer's glove ever again, unless something happens and MasterGrip figures out how great of a product they have and raises costs above that of the major OEM's. I honestly don't think that'll ever happen, as they've been in business a while and have always had solid prices on their gloves (and below that of their competitors). Regardless, if the quality is still there and they're the same price as the major OEM's, I'm still going to purchase their gloves, because they're just that good. They really came up with a fitting name for their product, as their gloves are masters of the grip.

If you're interested in their product (they sell more than just gloves, BTW), their website is http://www.mggolf.com

FINAL SCORE: 99.5/100

And before anyone asks, or says anything, no, I'm not affiliated with Master Grip. I stumbled upon their stuff last year and liked it. First it was the balls (which are now officially my winter balls, as I've found a warm weather ball I like more, but in the winter I don't like losing $4 premium balls, so theirs will be used in winter), now it's the gloves. I did give them a glowing review, but only because I was impressed. Had I disliked it, I'd have either said nothing or gave them a crappy review. MGS knows I don't work for them, also.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• 3 weeks later...

Damn, if I didn't know you better, I would SWEAR this was a plant. I actually prefer a thicker glove for my left hand, but this glove sounds like exactly what I have been looking to wear on my right hand. Just ordered a couple.

• 3 years later...

Alright here is the short version. I just spent some time here adding to RookieBlue7's review and got logged out and lost my post. Grrrrr. If you wear a glove you owe it to yourself to give these a try. They are top quality gloves comparable to Titleist and FootJoy. Except the don't cost $21 and up. They are $13.95 for two gloves. I prefer the MG Elite and have been using them since the mid to late 80's I'd guess. I've been wearing the same glove now since September of 2014 when I went to Pinehurst. All told I've played 21 rounds with the same glove. Granted, I live in a dry climate and may get better wear than guys in wetter more humid climates. You really owe it to yourself to give these a try.

20150203_183406.jpg

20150207_150536.jpg

20150207_153730.jpg

20150207_150620.jpg

20150207_153648.jpg

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I was actually planning on getting some of these this spring until Rookie posted that deal for the New Zealand Possum gloves a few weeks ago.

Once I run out of possums though, I'll be getting some of these ;)

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Very interested in MG products based on these reviews. Definitely going to give the balls a try and for the money may as well check out the gloves. Liking the idea of the TechGrip Glove.

Driver: :adams-small: XTD Ti 9* Matrix Ozik Red Tie s flex                        

Fairway: :cobra-small: AMP 15* Aldila RIP s flex               

Hybrid:  :cleveland-small: 588 Custom 20.5* Matrix Ozik Altus

Irons: :taylormade-small:  2014 Tour Preferred MC 4-pw w/ KBS Tour s flex +1"  

Wedges:  :scatch-golf-1: 8620 50*DD w/ KBS Rev, 54* and 58* DD w/ KBS C-Taper  

Putter: :bridgestone-small:  TD-01 True Balance 34"

I was actually planning on getting some of these this spring until Rookie posted that deal for the New Zealand Possum gloves a few weeks ago.

Once I run out of possums though, I'll be getting some of these ;)

I'm a sucker for a good deal on gloves. Mastergrip runs a special and a good deal all the time, B1G1 all the time. I found the possum leather and ended up with 2 dozen of them. Also have half a dozen Asher gloves left as well. Lol. And I have 5 or 6 TMag R11 gloves with the power balance chip and 3 of their TP gloves. I really don't need more gloves right now, but it goes back to my golf equipment hoing problem. Can't really pass on a real good deal lol.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Alright here is the short version. I just spent some time here adding to RookieBlue7's review and got logged out and lost my post. Grrrrr. If you wear a glove you owe it to yourself to give these a try. They are top quality gloves comparable to Titleist and FootJoy. Except the don't cost $21 and up. They are $13.95 for two gloves. I prefer the MG Elite and have been using them since the mid to late 80's I'd guess. I've been wearing the same glove now since September of 2014 when I went to Pinehurst. All told I've played 21 rounds with the same glove. Granted, I live in a dry climate and may get better wear than guys in wetter more humid climates. You really owe it to yourself to give these a try.

attachicon.gif20150203_183406.jpg

attachicon.gif20150207_150536.jpg

attachicon.gif20150207_153730.jpg

Very nice hand.......love the MG Gloves.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Archived