Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Harrison Shotmaker?

Fast Mike, I tried one of these a while back, and I didn't find that it increased accuracy measurably in my R11 because I already hit it really straight. I did, however, find that it made it tougher for me to hit a draw. I was using the G insert in a Talamonti PD70 in that R11 TP. Now, I've gotten a new driver (still have that R11 and that Talamonti as well as a Prototype shaft I'm trying in it as well. That said, the new driver is a Burner Superfast 2.0 version 2 with an Aldila Phenom. I can hit it as straight as I want, but working the ball is harder with this club as I tend to overcook a draw or fade with it. Why, I don't know. But, now I'm interested in you guys product again, as I think it'd make it easier to hit that draw or fade without overcooking it. Is there a place in Georgia I can go get fitted for one, mainly in the North Georgia region, as nowhere here, when I bought the last one, was a fitter for the Shotmaker. I see you guys released a few new ones, so I want to make sure I get into exactly the right one.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi RookieBlue,

Thank you for your ineterst in using the Shotmaker. To find a local dealer near you, please use our dealer locator. This is the link. http://www.harrison.com/harrison-golf-dealers/dealersView

The new Shotmaker 17 and 18 inserts are designed to fit most 350 tip and some 335 tip shafts. They will be commercially available in 3-4 weeks. The Shotmaker's capability to improve accuracy is directly correlated to the dimensional fit between the shaft and the insert. The tighter the fit, the better the performance enhancement.

With three models, the likelihood of picking the wrong one is much higher now. It is safer to be fitted by a dealer.

Fast Mike, I tried one of these a while back, and I didn't find that it increased accuracy measurably in my R11 because I already hit it really straight. I did, however, find that it made it tougher for me to hit a draw. I was using the G insert in a Talamonti PD70 in that R11 TP. Now, I've gotten a new driver (still have that R11 and that Talamonti as well as a Prototype shaft I'm trying in it as well. That said, the new driver is a Burner Superfast 2.0 version 2 with an Aldila Phenom. I can hit it as straight as I want, but working the ball is harder with this club as I tend to overcook a draw or fade with it. Why, I don't know. But, now I'm interested in you guys product again, as I think it'd make it easier to hit that draw or fade without overcooking it. Is there a place in Georgia I can go get fitted for one, mainly in the North Georgia region, as nowhere here, when I bought the last one, was a fitter for the Shotmaker. I see you guys released a few new ones, so I want to make sure I get into exactly the right one.

If you are a Shotmaker user and you want to share with fellow golfers how your game has improved since you started using the Shotmaker, all you have to do is create a video testimonial about the Shotmaker with your smart phone and reply to the Shotmaker Video Contest video at YouTube.

Rules and Prize:

One winner will be selected for each calendar quarter and the prize money is $ 1000. The winning video will be selected based on number of Views, brand Message and creativity. Winner will be announced 10 days after the end of each quarter. This contest ends on 9/31/2012. We will feature the winning video at Harrison.com and our YouTube page.

How To:

Submit your video by replying to the Shotmaker Video Contest and respond with a video by scrolling down to the comment section and selecting Create a Video Response.

Please check back regularly at Harrison.com or our YouTube page to find out if you are the winner.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried one of these and found that it did very little, if anything for my game. When I did more research I found that the product wasn't compatible with the shaft I was using(Miyazaki). It would have been great to know that going in to that venture. Oh well, live and learn.

• 3 weeks later...

A quick heads up, with the exception of the LD flex all P83 insert flexes are now in stock. The new P17 and P18 inserts are in full production and will be available in early April.

Meanwhile, we have decided to move up Shotmaker's tour time table and will launch the Shotmaker on the Nationwide Tour in April.

We have been absent from the Tour for a while now. Even when we were represented on the PGA Tour, we never had any presence on the Nationwide Tour.

Some Golf Spies are veterans of the Tour. What do you think will be the best way to introduce Harrison and the Shotmaker to Nationwide Tour players?

Your input will be much appreciated.

Legendary Nationwide Tour Rep Joins Harrison

Harrison is proud to announce the addition of legendary Nationwide Tour Rep, Pat Sellers, to its Tour department. Sellers started his career on Tour in 1983. In his 29-year tour career, Sellers has assisted many pros who went on to become household names in golf. During the years on PGA Tour, Harrison had accumulated 62 wins and over 550 top ten finishes. With Sellers joining its team, Harrison is positioning itself to be a major player on the Nationwide Tour.

“We are very fortunate to have a high caliber rep like Pat on the Nationwide Tour,” said Michael Cheng, president of Harrison Sports. “Pat is widely respected and trusted by Nationwide Tour players. He is the perfect point man to get our shaft and the Shotmaker insert in play.” Pat Sellers replied, “Pros are always looking for equipment that can give them an edge on the course.” “The exceptional performance of Harrison shafts is already well recognized on Tour. I am confident that the revolutionary Shotmaker insert will be embraced by pros on the Nationwide Tour.”

With the Soboba Golf Classic next week in Jacinto, California as the backdrop, Harrison is once again subjecting its equipment to scrutiny by some of the best golfers in the world. “We are cautiously optimistic,“ said Michael Cheng.

• 3 weeks later...

Harrison Shipping Two .350” Tip Shotmaker

Harrison announces that they are shipping the new Shotmaker 17 and 18 inserts. These two inserts are designed to fit a wide variety of .350” tip shafts, allowing the Shotmaker to be used with most drivers in the market place.

Both new inserts have bigger tip diameter than the original Shotmaker 83 insert. In addition to different diameter, the 3 models differ in how they taper down the length of the insert. The Shotmaker 17 insert tapers the slowest, while the Shotmaker 18 tapers the fastest.

Harrison observed in their research that some club companies used golf shafts with a much larger diameter to achieve lower torque and higher stiffness. This is frequently the case for some of the most popular clubs in the market place. For this group of .350” tip shafts, Shotmaker 18 will provide a better fit. For .350” tip shafts with a normal outer dimension, Shotmaker 17 will fit better. More OEM shaft models fall under this category.

Selection Rule of Thumb

.335” tip shafts: Start with Shotmaker 83. If the insert tip is loose and rattles, then try Shotmaker 17.

.350” tip shafts: Examine the diameter around the logo. If the diameter is noticeably larger than other shafts, try Shotmaker 18. If not, try Shotmaker 17.

• 2 weeks later...

Shotmaker in Play at South Georgia Classic

In its third week on the Nationwide Tour, Harrison is pleased to announce that two Shotmakers will be in play at the South Georgia classic in Valdosta, Georgia, and one of them is for a top-20 player.

"We are excited to see how the players fair this week with the Shotmaker inside their drivers" says Michael Cheng, Harrison's Chief Engineer. Cheng explained, "Shotmaker is known to improve accuracy upward of 40%. Consequently, we have seen stronger adoption by players who stand to benefit most from improved driving accuracy."

It generally takes a period of time for any new equipment to be accepted by tour pros as "Tour Proven." Shotmaker's early adoption by a leading Nationwide Tour player has been a pleasant surprise to Harrison staffs, Shotmaker users and dealers everywhere. When asked for reaction, Cheng said, "We were gratified by their confidence in the Shotmaker and wish more tour pros and golfers alike would see the value of enhanced accuracy as to put the Shotmaker in play. After all, Straighter is Longer."

To participate in the Shotamker Giveaway at Harrison's Facebook page, please click this link. To learn more about the Shotmaker, please call 800-347-4646 or visit www.Harrison.com.

• 1 month later...

Shotmaker Scores First Top 10 on Nationwide Tour

For Shotmaker users, this should not come as a surprise. Harrison is proud to announce the first top 10 finish for the Shotmaker on the Nationwide Tour at the BMW Charity Pro Am in Greenville, South Carolina. Since its introduction on the Soboba Golf Classic 40 days ago, the Shotmaker has steadily built momentum, one player at a time. Tour players have credited the Shotmaker for improving driving accuracy and scores. One has seen his money list ranking improved by over 10 places. The top 10 finish at the BMW Pro Am is another pleasant surprise.

We all know that the Shotmaker entered the Tour with a steep handicap: First, it was a brand new technology without any prior tour record. Second, Harrision did not pay anyone to use the Shotmaker. Its popularity on tour was spread solely by word of mouth among players. If the top 10 at the BMW Pro AM is any indication, more and more tour players will find its way to the Shotmaker.

For more information on the Shotmaker, please visit www.harrison.com or their Facebook page: www.facebook.com/golfharrison .

• 4 weeks later...

I had a Harrison shotmaker in my Ping G15 driver and I found it to be helpful. It did tend to come loose every once in a while. I have switched to a Titeist 910D2 driver with a ilima shaft. Will the shotmaker fit into this club's shaft with the Surefit adapter? - Nevin

• 1 month later...

Shotmaker Finishes 3rd on Web.com Tour

Since Shotmaker's last Top 10 finish at the Utah Championship, in less than 30 days Shotmaker scores a 3rd place finish in the Price Cutter Charity Championship at the challenging Highland Springs Country Club, Springfield, Missouri. This accomplishment is exceptional in that this is the first top 3 finish for this player since turning pro in 2009. With the solo 3rd place finish, his money ranking jumped over 80 places. There are presently 10 Shotmakers in play at the Web.com Tour.

Again and again, we have seen talented Web.com Tour players, who are able to achieve great performance improvement with the insert installed. The Shotmaker does not help any tour player play better golf. However, by eliminating shaft deformation, the main cause of wobbling clubhead, the Shotmaker allows player's true ability to shine.

Clubhead wobbling is not an inherent part of golf. By eliminating it, players are able to enjoy a purer round of golf. The Shotmaker is the only effective mean to eliminate shaft deformation and the resulting wobbling clubhead.

To learn more about the ShotmakerTM, please call 800-347-4646, or by visiting their website at www.harrison.com. You can also follow them at www.facebook.com/golfharrison.

• 2 weeks later...

Question now, as I'm awaiting the shaft to arrive, will these fit in the new BiMatrix? It's in a club currently (that I had to use the glue stick trick on for proper fitament), but when I swap that shaft in, and after I test it, I'd like to put the shotmaker in it.

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I got a Shotmaker a couple weeks ago and have been playing it ever since. It won't square the face for you (damn you, Harrison...) but it is amazing how much it helps the heel shot that I...occasionally...hit.

It amazes me mainly in what it does for the feel of the club for me. I don't know that I fully subscribe to the whole theory behind it, but it raised the weight just a hair more toward the tip of the club and it firmed the feel of the shaft up, which I like a lot. Don't feel like I'm overpowering the shaft if I really go after it with it in there.

In The Bag

• 5 weeks later...

Shotmaker Tied for 9th on Web.com Tour

Since Shotmaker's last Top 10 finish at the Price Cutter Charity Championship, in less than 40 days Shotmaker scored another top 10 finish in the WNB Golf Classic at the challenging Midland Country Club, Midland, Texas. Shotmaker's legendary capacity to bring out the best of players using it was again in full display because this top 10 finish was the first this year and the second top 15 finishes since the Shotmaker was put in play by this talented player.

Again and again, we have seen talented Web.com Tour players, who were able to achieve great performance improvement with the insert installed. The Shotmaker does not enhance tour player's skill level. However, by eliminating shaft deformation, the main cause of wobbling clubhead, the Shotmaker allows player's true ability to shine.

Clubhead wobbling is not an inherent part of the game. By eliminating it, players are able to enjoy a purer round of golf. The Shotmaker is the only effective mean to eliminate shaft deformation and the resulting wobbling clubhead.

To learn more about the ShotmakerTM, please call 800-347-4646, or by visiting their website at www.harrison.com. You can also follow them at www.facebook.com/golfharrison.

• 3 weeks later...

Shotmaker Tied for 9th and 13th on Web.com Tour

Since Shotmaker's last Top 10 finish at the WNB Golf Classic, in less than 25 days Shotmaker came through again and tied for 9the and 13th in the Miccosukee Championship at the beautiful Miccosukee Golf and Country Club in Miami, Florida. This is Shotmaker's 5th top 10 this season. Shotmaker's legendary capacity to bring out the best of players using it was again in full display because this top 10 finish was the first for this player in 1 ½ years. The player who used Shotmaker to tie for 13th is having his best year since joining the Web.com Tour a few years back.

On the Web.com Tour, we have seen players, who were able to achieve dramatic performance improvement with the insert installed. The Shotmaker does not enhance tour player's skill level. However, by eliminating shaft deformation, the main cause of wobbling clubhead, Shotmaker allows player's true ability to shine. It is the only effective mean to eliminate shaft deformation and the resulting wobbling clubhead.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Shotmaker 83 that was in my Ping G15 with an Aldila RIP shaft and fit perfectly. I have upgrade to a Ping G20 with the stock 169D shaft and the 83 doesnt fit. From talking with fastmc I need top buy one of the new 17's for it to fit correctly. My question is this...Is there anyway to make the 83 work with my G20 shaft? Quite honestly I cant afford to purchase a new Shotmaker and it doesnt appear theres much of a market for me to recoup some of my money by selling the 83. Thanks for any suggestions.

• 1 month later...

During the past decade, all would agree that golf equipment have advanced leap and bound. Nowadays, MOI is through the roof, COR is maxed out, club head is as large as a pot, and shaft is as light as a feather. It is fair to assume that at the minimum driving distance should increase quite a bit, right? We were curious so we did a quick study of the top 10 average driving distance on PGA Tour for the past decade. The chart below showss the results. All data points were obtained from PGATour.com.

To our disappointment, average driving distance seems to fluctuate between 306 - 309 yards during the past decade. Why didn't new technologies improve distance when most of them claimed to do just that, at least that were what the commercials claimed.

PGA Tour Driving Distance.jpg

After the driving distance study, we were curious if driving accuracy has improve during the past decade. With much higher MOI, larger club head, adjustable weights and adjustable club head, one would easily assume driving accuracy must have improved, right?

Regrettably, it was quite the opposite. During the past decade, driving accuracy has consistently edged downward. In fact, 2012 driving accuracy is 5 % lower than a decade ago. The chart below shows the results. All data points were taken from PGATour.com.

PGA Tour Driving Accuracy.jpg

• 1 month later...

Harrison cordially invites all My Golf Spy readers and forum members to visit us at the PGA Show Demo Day next Wednesday, 1/23/13 at Orange County National Golf Center. It is located at 16301 Phil Ritson Way Winter Garden, FL 34787.

We are at tee box #1 near Callaway Golf. We will have a bunch of shafts, Shotmakers along with a Flightscope launch monitor on site.

Our exhibit booth # is ICG-5 on the Orange County Convention Center main floor.

In addition, I will be hosting a seminar on Thursday, 3:45pm at room 224-F. This conference room is located 1 level below the main floor.

The topic is "Which new golf technology is capable of elevating results of the game beyond its current level?"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We noticed during the past few months that there was still a general lack of understanding as to how Shotmaker works to eliminate S Wave and Clubhead Wobble so we created an illustration below to share with everyone.

Before we address the S wave issue, we need to talk about clubhead wobble. Most thought clubhead wobble is a clubhead problem without recognizing that clubhead is a metal object. It is incapable of wobbling by itself. One could shake the clubhead as hard as he can.

The clubhead simply does not wobble. It is the golf shaft that wobbles. Shaft wobbling is S Wave in action.

The presence of the Shotmaker makes it impossible for golf shaft to wobble. Some thought it will take an insert that goes the entire lenght of the golf shaft to kill the S Wave. By looking at the illustration below, you will see right away that it is not necessary. If you kill 1/2 of the S wave, you automatically kill the other half. In fact, if we position the insert stretegically, we only need an insert around 3/8 of the S Wave wavelength to kill it. That is what the Shotmake is and does.

S Wave Illustration.jpg

• 3 months later...

No one will question the talent of this player, a major winner and winner of 12 other PGA Tour events.

He ranked 46th on the money list last year, but he did not come out as strong this season as a result his money ranking slipped over 100 places.

He tried Shotamaker at home and liked the improvement he saw. FedEx St Jude Classic is the first event he puts Shotmaker in play.

Finishing -3 in the first round, he is currently tied for 4th place.

You cannot argue with science.

Wasn't Ben Crane 46th on the money list last year?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Archived