TESTERS WANTED! ×

Harrison Shotmaker?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SPY VIP

Correction. It was 47th last year. PGA Tour website had a small error.

What Mike can't say that we can...

It's David Toms. 47th on the money list last year, and currently #147. Toms also won the 2001 PGA Championship (Atlanta Athletic Club).

So there you have it...the info suggests that David Toms is the PGA Tour guy with the Shotmaker in play.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I do actually have a shotmaker in my gamer driver. It's been two years since I hit it without the shotmaker installed so it's tough to remember how much improvement I saw, but I do remember being very happy and I plan on putting one in my next driver as well.

My only complaint is that it does rattle a little bit in the Oban Kiyoshi shaft. I never notice while swinging or hitting a ball, but just carrying it around or tapping it on the ground and you hear the rattle. It makes me constantly think one of the screws is loose on the R11s head.

If they could make it seat firmly in any shaft I'd be a very happy camper, but as is I still like the performance.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I do actually have a shotmaker in my gamer driver. It's been two years since I hit it without the shotmaker installed so it's tough to remember how much improvement I saw, but I do remember being very happy and I plan on putting one in my next driver as well.

My only complaint is that it does rattle a little bit in the Oban Kiyoshi shaft. I never notice while swinging or hitting a ball, but just carrying it around or tapping it on the ground and you hear the rattle. It makes me constantly think one of the screws is loose on the R11s head.

If they could make it seat firmly in any shaft I'd be a very happy camper, but as is I still like the performance.

If it's rattling it's either loose or not the right model for that shaft. It won't work properly if it can rattle.

I've had mine rattle a few times (and I've been using a Shotmaker for a while as well) when swapping shafts. The remedy I use, which they advise, is to take a glue stick (like the one you used in school) and smear it round and round the black plastic that expands near the screw. Once you have a generous coat on there, reinstall it, making sure to tap the butt down with the wrench a few times before tightening. It shouldn't rattle at all in any position. I'm not sold on it cutting spin or reducing slice or hooks, but it does raise swingweight just right for me. I've had it in at least 15 different shafts too, and have gotten all to seat properly, sometimes after the gluestick trick.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I've had mine rattle a few times (and I've been using a Shotmaker for a while as well) when swapping shafts. The remedy I use, which they advise, is to take a glue stick (like the one you used in school) and smear it round and round the black plastic that expands near the screw. Once you have a generous coat on there, reinstall it, making sure to tap the butt down with the wrench a few times before tightening. It shouldn't rattle at all in any position. I'm not sold on it cutting spin or reducing slice or hooks, but it does raise swingweight just right for me. I've had it in at least 15 different shafts too, and have gotten all to seat properly, sometimes after the gluestick trick.

Hmmm. Good idea. Thanks for sharing. I had mine come loose and rattle. But loosening the screw, tapping it in a little better and re-tightening the screw was all it took.

The camera on a launch monitor I have went out so I haven't compared it in anything I play now. When I did compare the same driver with and without it a year and a half ago or whenever it was, it definitely reduced spin. Not sure about reducing slices and hooks either though. I would like to experiment with it on a launch monitor again.

Archived