#2 GolfSpy Bones

GolfSpy Bones

AGENT NAME: PLANO

• Moderators

• 2,881 posts
  • LocationIndiana
  • Handicap:3.5

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:11 PM

I've been wanting to try the Xcaliber series, I just haven't had the time to get them ordered. They are on my Christmas list though.

#3 Siamese Moose

Siamese Moose

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationCincinnati
  • Handicap:4

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:41 PM

I have an XCaliber Tour SL shaft in a Wishon 919 head. I don't switch out a lot of shafts, so I can't say I've tried that many, but this shaft fits me really well. I can go after it really hard (for me, about a 105 SS) and get great results. On the other hand, I tried his wedge shaft, and found I really didn't like the feel for most shots. I ended up with distance control issues. On the other hand, it feels great out of bunkers, which for me is a much more wristy swing.

#4 McGolf

McGolf

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:29 PM

I have install all the models with great results for golfers.
The out model is as good as it gets for the better golfer.
The SL is awesome for an SL shaft that can handle aggressive swings.

I have the FW, and SL in my bag@Iammcgolf

#5 Justin66

Justin66

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members

• 884 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:21 AM

I have an XCaliber Tour SL shaft in a Wishon 919 head. I don't switch out a lot of shafts, so I can't say I've tried that many, but this shaft fits me really well. I can go after it really hard (for me, about a 105 SS) and get great results. On the other hand, I tried his wedge shaft, and found I really didn't like the feel for most shots. I ended up with distance control issues. On the other hand, it feels great out of bunkers, which for me is a much more wristy swing.

I'm leery of those wedge shafts, myself... I like heavier (at least 120g) shafts for my wedges, so something in the 85/95g range sounds like it'd give me fits. The driver, FW and hybrid shafts, on the other hand...

#6 hendricks97

hendricks97

SR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:28 AM

Ive had these shafts in my driver (Maltby KE4 SSF1) and FW for about a year now and anyone thats hit my driver has been amazed at the feel.
Nothing helps you find a lost ball better than a provisional hit straight down the middle.

#7 RobinArthur

RobinArthur

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Handicap:9

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:17 PM

I understand the hesitancy for my XCaliber Spin Wedges. They are different and not as heavy as their steel counterparts. And like any shaft, it's not going to appeal to everyone. However, the good news on this unique shaft is that it WORKS. i'm a test-aholic and it definitely was worthy of me putting my name on it. The one thing about these shafts however, is that because of the long parallel below the taper, sometimes if the most stable plane is not correct from the factory <the white line on the butt s/b facing the target>, there is a small possibility of out-of-plane bending. Of course this is true for ANY shaft, but maybe a bit more so for these Kats.
Robin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      10 Sep
    hckymeyer

Played yesterday and it was 76 degrees w/ 5mph winds, today playing in 50 degrees w/ 15-20mph winds. Sometimes I hate MN

Show comments (1)
View All Updates

Recent Topics

Our Sponsors