Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

New SuperStroke Mallets, Fatso & Slim!

jhoops01

Here are the first looks at Bruce Sizemore's new mallet putters for SuperStroke Golf, the Fatso and Slim models. These will come in both right and left hand models, as well as center and heel shafted. Some of these are headed for the tour as belly putters (who would have thought :P ). Shown are some of the prototype anodized colors. Standard colors will be black, silver and champagne bronze.

Thanks for looking!

Joe

photo-7.JPG

photo-8.JPG

photo-9.JPG

photo-10.JPG

460x70.jpg

• 2 years later...

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but was wondering if anyone had any extensive use with one of these? Just picked up a new center shafted model to try and was curious.

COBRA KING LTD Matrix Ozik HD6

ADAMS Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

CLEVELAND GlideRail 20.5* Kuro Kage 80i

CALLAWAY Apex Forged 5-PW UST Recoil 680

INNOVEX Type S GDT 50* & 54* Kuro Kage 80i

ODYSSEY Tri-ball SRT 34"

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but was wondering if anyone had any extensive use with one of these? Just picked up a new center shafted model to try and was curious.

I think Rookie baged one .

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

• SPY VIP

I have two Fatso mallets, one center shaft, the other heel. Excellent putters. I wanted to snag a Slim too, but I believe they were only prototypes.

Here is the link to my Fatso review from the blog. http://www.mygolfspy.com/superstroke-golf-fatso-mallet-putter/

Here's a couple of snaps as well...

SuperStroke Fatso.jpg

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Your review helped me make the decision to try one.

ODYSSEY Tri-ball SRT 34"

• SPY VIP

Your review helped me make the decision to try one.

I can't wait to hear how you like it. I need to play a lot of putters for this MGS gig. That being the case, if I had to choose one putter to stick with, that mallet would definitely be in the conversation.

Granted I hope that conversation never happens :)

Volvo Intorqueo

Hey Dave, What do you do with all those putters you review? Do you just have a putter room in your house? Do you give them away? Do they make you send them back when you are done? Your job would be a really hard job for me because I am incredibly attached to my putter and have used it for over 7 years. The only putters I even like generally have to look and feel very similar to my gamer.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

I had one, yes, but it was supposed to be 70-71 degrees lie angle and I wanted it for a counter balance experiment. Took it 4 places before anyone could get it to sit right in the Mitchell machine to measure lie angle. It was 75 degrees and was waaaaay too upright. What happened was I was sent a long putter head with a standard shaft in it. Because of the design it couldn't be bent or adjusted. So I had to get rid of it because it was tempting to use it. The feel was excellent. And if you're going to be doing any paintfilling, don't stick your fingers through the slits to hold it. They're milled really sharply and will cut you (trust me , my hand bore the evidence).

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• SPY VIP

Hey Dave, What do you do with all those putters you review? Do you just have a putter room in your house? Do you give them away? Do they make you send them back when you are done? Your job would be a really hard job for me because I am incredibly attached to my putter and have used it for over 7 years. The only putters I even like generally have to look and feel very similar to my gamer.

My wife says that there are a lot of putters in my garage  :lol:

Volvo Intorqueo

I had one, yes, but it was supposed to be 70-71 degrees lie angle and I wanted it for a counter balance experiment. Took it 4 places before anyone could get it to sit right in the Mitchell machine to measure lie angle. It was 75 degrees and was waaaaay too upright. What happened was I was sent a long putter head with a standard shaft in it. Because of the design it couldn't be bent or adjusted. So I had to get rid of it because it was tempting to use it. The feel was excellent. And if you're going to be doing any paintfilling, don't stick your fingers through the slits to hold it. They're milled really sharply and will cut you (trust me , my hand bore the evidence).

The one I have coming is supposed to be 71*, but they did have the 75* also. We shall see. Gonna be a while before I can get it out though. Going to be rolling it on the carpet. It's a frozen tundra outside here just north of The 'Nati.

ODYSSEY Tri-ball SRT 34"

If mine were the correct lie angle I'd have loved it. The head was nice and heavy like I like and the putter sat up well. It also felt really solid. I just couldn't use it because of it being so upright.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I like the looks of the CS mallet but I'm all set on putters right now.  Of course I say that every winter then I'm ready to wheel and deal again when the weather warms up. 

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I like the looks of the CS mallet but I'm all set on putters right now.  Of course I say that every winter then I'm ready to wheel and deal again when the weather warms up.  Rookie,  I never posted a pic but I had Low Tide make me a CS Fin that is pretty cool a couple months ago.  Raw finish, black paint fill and shaft, white Iomic grip.  They are priced well too for what they do.  Can't wait to game it for a round.

I was really interested in Low Tide putters, can you post some pictures? Or in a different thread?

I was really interested in Low Tide putters, can you post some pictures? Or in a different thread?

I created a thread.  I shouldn't have hijacked this one.  Wasn't my intention.  Gonna edit to fix it.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Well, I received my putter and must say I like it. Granted I've only been able to putt with it indoors (stupid snow), but it has a great feel. Not only off the face, but has a very balanced feel over all. I had never tried a SS grip either and this one came with the Ultra Slim on it that feels excellent. So much so that I've bought a couple more to try on other putters. The advantage to installing grips with air, easy on, easy off. It came free of paint fill so I did that myself. Very nice head cover also.

001_zps5929c4c9.jpg

002_zpsad42f9d3.jpg

004_zps20147c29.jpg

013_zps3cf0feff.jpg

009_zps3ec0e200.jpg

008_zps8afcd5ec.jpg

006_zpse7e9288b.jpg

005_zps9c515bf8.jpg010_zpsfa7faefa.jpg

ODYSSEY Tri-ball SRT 34"

Anybody know why these never made it to market or what happened?

ODYSSEY Tri-ball SRT 34"

• SPY VIP

Anybody know why these never made it to market or what happened?

SuperStroke's grip sales took off like wildfire. They were not able to do the grips and support a putter division. Hopefully Bruce will be making putters available soon/

Solid dude with great putters.

Volvo Intorqueo

Archived