Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Just wanted to know if any MSGers are using HIRZL gloves. We had a rep in our store today, and I have to say I was extremely impressed with the product. I had heard about the gloves before, but never really looked into them because I don't usually wear a glove. The rep explained to me the benefits of the kangaroo leather (thinner, more feel) and how the texture on the palm of the glove promotes more grip. HIRZL claims that it has twice as much grip in dry conditions and five times more in wet conditions. The rep gave me the glove and a club, and the traction was noticeably better than a normal glove. He proceeded to soak the grip, but there was virtually no difference in my grip on the club! Needless to say, this has me reconsidering my glove-free approach. Minimally I will pick up a pair for use in the rain as these blow away normal rain gloves, IMO.

So what say you, MGS readers? Any real-world experience with HIRZL?

http://www.hirzl-web.com/us/

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• 2 years later...

I just noticed this old thread, but for what its worth, as I posted in a couple of other threads, HIRZL gloves are awesome.  They are invaluable here in Florida in the warm and hot seasons as they are very tacky even when soaking wet.  On hot, humid days, with other gloves, I'd have four or five glove days and still wouldn't feel confident with the grip.  With the HIRZLs, its a rare day when I have to grab a second one.  

The other thing is that they last forever compared to any other glove I have used.  I get a good six or seven months out of them (alternating between two gloves).  And the pads never even show signs of wear--when they fail, its the stitching and leather on the back of the thumb.  With other gloves, the heel pads on the palm seem to wear out first.  

A tad more expensive than the usual glove, but very much worth it.  I go a half size smaller with these gloves than the other brands.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

I used to swear by these gloves, but I'm not sure I'll buy another. The main issue is that two gloves at half the cost last longer than one hirzl glove and don't look like roadkill by the time it's time to replace them.

I also had one Hirzl glove where I tore through the thumb much faster than another Hirzl, which was a little worrisome in the QC department.

I'll be sticking with whatever's on sale when I need a new glove. Usually the Weathersoft which are decent gloves.

• 2 months later...

This is a follow up to this thread and the Best Rain Gloves blog post.  Hirzl's got second place in the rain gloves rating, but there were concerns raised about the stitching and longevity, as well as comfort issues for those with interlocking grips.  I noted in the comments in the blog that Hirzl had just come out with a hybrid glove that was a bit cheaper and had synthetic leather in the areas other than the palm pad and fingers.  I ordered a couple of pairs and have been wearing one for about 3 weeks.  They still have the wonderful kangaroo leather that is very tacky when wet in the key grip areas.  Today was the first day that I got to test the performance under damp or wet conditions.  Misty, cold day following two days of heavy rain.  Impossible to keep the grips dry.  Pleased to say the hybrid Hirzl performed just as well in wet conditions as the regular Hirzl.  Never once used a towel.  Just grabbed the wet or damp clubs and swung.  Complete control.  Switched clubs on one hole at the last minute, grabbing the club that had been lying in the wet grass.  Never even a hint of slip throughout the swing.  Also, after three weeks and 6 rounds, the glove still looks like new.  Have to say, I think I love the hybrid Hirzl even better than the regular--and its $8 bucks cheaper.  

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Archived