TESTERS WANTED! ×

Club Glove Microfiber Towel - REVIEW

Matt Saternus

Club Glove Towel (2).JPG

Raise your hand if you've ever been on the course wiping off your golf club and thought, “Wow, this towel is doing a great job.” No one? Ok, that's pretty much what I expected. Your golf towel is one of those pieces of equipment that you don't think about unless there's something wrong: not staying wet when you want it to, being soaked when you need it to dry something, being too rough to clean your sunglasses, or simply being too small or too filthy to take dirt off your clubs.

Club Glove Towel (4).JPG

Enter the Microfiber Towel by Club Glove. Club Glove thought of all the problems you could have with your towel and designed a product that would solve all of them. Let's run down the list:

Club Glove Towel (5).JPG

Problem #1: Towel doesn't stay wet. The Club Glove Microfiber Towel claims to hold 300% of its weight in water. So what did I do? I tested their claim. The towel weighs in at 7.7 ounces when dry. After a good soaking and wringing out: 24.1 ounces. Marketing claim verified (how often do I get to say that?). All this means that if you soak the towel before you tee off, there will be plenty of moisture left in the towel to clean your wedge after you lay the sod over your approach on 18.

Club Glove Towel (1).JPG

Club Glove Towel (8).JPG

Problem #2: Towel is too wet to dry things. After I did the soak test, I ran my 9 iron's grip under water. I wrung out the towel a bit more to see how effectively it would dry off the grip in spite of being wet. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the grip was decidedly drier than it started. Bone dry? No. More playable? Absolutely.

Club Glove Towel (3).JPG

Problem #3: Towel is too rough to clean my expensive shades. If you hold the Club Glove Microfiber Towel you'll see that it's quite soft, and I had no problem using it to clean off the lenses on my Kaenon shades.

Problem #4: Towel is too small or filthy to hold anymore dirt. First of all, the Club Glove Microfiber Towel is generously sized at 17” X 40”. If that's not enough, it doesn't seem to get dirty in the same way that normal towels do. I know that sounds odd, but I think we're all familiar with the experience of having a towel that is so caked in mud that using it is an exercise in spreading mud around instead of cleaning. I have not had that experience with the Club Glove Microfiber Towel, and not for lack of mud to spread around.

Club Glove Towel (6).JPG

One feature of the towel that some may like and some may not is the slit in the middle of the towel. The towel does not have a ring or grommet that can be used to hook it to the bag; instead the towel slides over a club or two. Personally, I found the towel so large that I just slid it through the towel loop on my bag without any concern about it falling off.

With all these cool features you might be thinking that this towel is expensive, but you'd be wrong. The Club Glove Microfiber Towel is modestly priced at $20 direct from Club Glove. For an additional $10 you can have the towel embroidered with your name or initials.

Club Glove Towel (7).JPG

In conclusion, the Club GloveMicrofiber Towel is an excellent product. It does absolutely everything you want a towel to do. I have a couple of rounds and a few range sessions in with this towel, and I can't see myself switching back to regular old cotton. In fact, I can give the Club Glove Microfiber Towel the best endorsement possible: I bought a second one with my own money.

Grade: A+

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

I have one of these towels that I picked up from a local course (Yoche De He, awesome B) )

Matt has hit this one dead on. This is a great towel. I have become a firm believer in the putter slit concept.

I used another towel without the slit and it was missed.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I've got two, one of which I paid $9 at Lidz to have embroidered with my name (you can see it in the pics in my FS ads). I've been using their microfiber waffle towels for a long time now. Great towels, and I'd they'd add embroidery options it'd be ever better, IMO. Kind of like PlayersTowel does. Their(CG's) price point is much more friendly though.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

It's a fantastic towel, I feel the best on the market. Whether it's made by Club Glove (who I'm partial too because I've used their golf bags for years and they are very very well made) or Players Towel the microfiber towel has a way of staying wet longer and also able to get the debris out of the hosel much better then a cotton towel.

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472