BackNine29

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest
  • Handicap:0.5

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:58 AM

Can anyone give me a ballpark cost estimate to bend a set of forged irons(2-PW) 2* flat? Do brand and age factor in? I have a mint set of 1972 Spalding Elite MV2 forged blades that I'd like bent and am curious of the cost.
Many thanks,
BackNine29

#2 Justin66

Justin66

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members

• 884 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:37 AM

Can anyone give me a ballpark cost estimate to bend a set of forged irons(2-PW) 2* flat? Do brand and age factor in? I have a mint set of 1972 Spalding Elite MV2 forged blades that I'd like bent and am curious of the cost.

The GolfWorks charges $4.95 per club to adjust loft and lie, regardless of how many degrees you need, brand, or age. So figure roughly that when looking locally.

#3 Matt Saternus

Matt Saternus

AGENT NAME: FAIRHAVEN

• Members
  • 5,135 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:56 PM

Same price ($5 per club) at any Golfsmith.

I'm FAR from an expert at metallurgy/bending/etc, but I would think the only added "cost" of bending older clubs might be an increased risk of breakage. Then again I could be 100% wrong about that, they may be no more likely to break than anything else.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

#4 BackNine29

BackNine29

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest
  • Handicap:0.5

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

Thanks, gents. Very helpful.
Many thanks,
BackNine29

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      29 Aug
    Dhuck Whooker

Spent this afternoon in a Golf----- checking out the equpiment. Can't afford to buy a bag of tees, so all we can do is dream. Used to do this in sporting goods stores when I was 12 , too. Now I'm 54. Nothing was really changed. All this great stuff and no money to buy it.

Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      08 Aug
    HackHawk

Why do manufacturers put an iron equivalent on hybrids when the distances seem so much greater than irons. Surely it'd be better to just give lofts. Incidentally, perhaps irons should have degrees of loft on them instead of numbers too!

Show comments (2)
View All Updates

Our Sponsors