#1 RoverRick

RoverRick

AGENT NAME: FAIRHAVEN

• Members

• 5,284 posts
  • LocationNortheast Texas
  • Handicap:2

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

This last Saturday, during the Champion's Tour event Insperity Championship, they had a tournament within a tournament. They staged a scramble with the "Greats"

On one team you had Don January, Dave Stockton and Miller Barber on another team you had Lee Trevino, Gene Littler, and David Graham, and finally the headline team, Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, and Gary Players.

We do not talk much about the Champion's Tour but if they continue to have events like this it will get more chatter. I just happened to record it this weekend and it is pretty good.

The one thing that stands out, aside from watching four guys with 198 PGA Tour victories and 40 major championships betweeb them, and the fact that they seemed to really enjoy themselves, was the politeness they showed their caddies. "Would you hand me the towel, please." "Thank you." etc... They were fun to watch.

Palmer, Nicklaus, and Players won the scramble -11 on 18 holes, not bad. But they already had the tournament won by a stroke and they took their time and made the birdie to win by two.

They finished up and were greeted on the 18th green by the top 30 players on the Champion's Tour.

Great show, I would like to see a yearly event but these guy are getting old. It was billed as possibly the last time these three played together.

In my :taylormade-small: Golf Bag

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 on a Miyazaki C Kua 43S

:titelist-small: 913 F 15 on a Fujikura Motore F1 S

:mizuno-small: MP FLI HI 2-4 on Project X PXv 6.0

:mizuno-small: MP53 5 on KBS C Taper Lite S

:mizuno-small: MP68 6-P on KBS C Taper Lite S

:mizuno-small:  MPT11 52 & 58 on KBS Hi Rev Wedge

:cameron-small: Coronado

:taylormade-small: Lethal

#2 JohnBarry

JohnBarry

AGENT NAME: FT.WORTH

• Members

• 4,150 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA
  • Handicap:20

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

Man, I had no idea, and I would for sure be watching the Champ's Tour with events like that!!
John Barry
Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Posted Image

#3 R.P. Jacobs II

R.P. Jacobs II

AGENT NAME: FAIRHAVEN

• Members

• 7,045 posts
  • LocationThe Burgh
  • Handicap:2

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:49 AM

Nice post & great event...I taped it because as you said, you don't know when the next time you're going to get those three together..God Bless em all..They took the torch from Hogan, Nelson, Snead, et al. & gave the young guns something to play for...And they carried themselves with such class!....Fairways & Greens 4ever......

What's Inside My Sun Mountain H2N0 Stand Bag:

-TMaG RBZ ST 2 Tour(Breast Cancer Pink Head by WalkerJames) 10.5*, Graphite Design Tour AD 9003 S(74gr)

-Adams Speedline XTD Super LS VST 3FM(Breast Cancer Fill) 15*, RT Tech Midas S(88gr)

-Adams Idea XTD Super LS VST Hybrid 19*, Fubuki AX 350

-Mizzy MP-68(4i-8i),TT DG TI S400, +1/2", +2*

-SCOR 43*,47*,51*,55*,59*, Genious 12 Firm +,  +1/2"

-Scotty Studio Select Fastback Custom 1.5, 35", 350gr HW(Not from the shop, notta Tour Issue/Circle T, just a poor ass retail model B))-Breast Cancer Fill

-Golf Pride Decade Multi-Compound Cord, Mizzy Blue/Black

-Stones Tour B330-S

-Shoes: A bunch, depends on my slacks, lol

I Am A Very Kind, Compassionate & Understanding Man......

Until It Is Time To Cease Being Kind, Compassionate & Understanding....

RP Jacobs II

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Recent Topics

Our Sponsors