TESTERS WANTED! ×

PICS & INFO - Adams CMB Irons

Now we are talking!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

C-Taper as the stock shaft? Cool.

Interesting i know that a lot of the 'players irons' they have put out are KBS Tour shaft and sometimes the Black KBS Tour. Majority of companies put a shaft that will work for most golfers into an iron set to sell them off the self to more people, Adams nah they put something in that is targeted at better players that are high spin high launch type players lol.

I pretty sure in Adams custom department they offer RT Technologies shafts but I can't find a list of there shaft offering on their website, Adams has never been a company that is scared to give a shaft a try here and their and add it to their custom department.

I would like to see what people think of the shaft that are not high spin players and have a low trajectory already. or low trajectory, high spin players.

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

Interesting i know that a lot of the 'players irons' they have put out are KBS Tour shaft and sometimes the Black KBS Tour. Majority of companies put a shaft that will work for most golfers into an iron set to sell them off the self to more people, Adams nah they put something in that is targeted at better players that are high spin high launch type players lol.

I pretty sure in Adams custom department they offer RT Technologies shafts but I can't find a list of there shaft offering on their website, Adams has never been a company that is scared to give a shaft a try here and their and add it to their custom department.

I would like to see what people think of the shaft that are not high spin players and have a low trajectory already. or low trajectory, high spin players.

The only shaft offerings I could find were from a Press Release about the Idea Black CB3:

Idea Black CB3 Custom Shaft Options:

True Temper Dynamic Gold

Project X

Project X Flighted

KBS Tour

KBS Tour Smoke

KBS C-Taper ($15 upcharge)

The link to the Press Release can be found Here

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

Great looking clubs as expected from Adams. For some reason, these are even more intimidating looking that the MB2s! Its like they're just giving a cursory nod to the idea of a cavity on these!

I don't know why but none of Adams "players clubs" seem to make it into any of the golf shops around here, and we have several big stores. Edwin Watts, GolfSmith, Golf Galaxy, and Golf Discount, which is big enough to have the advanced Taylor Made 3D fitting center in it. They have the whole Adams CB line, but I've only seen 1 set of the A12 Pro, and never an MB. Kinda sucks because I'm a likely buyer if I could only hit them. Kind of conjuring up a set in my mind of

57* & 54*: Scor Golf

GW-9: Either MB2s or A12Pro or these new CMBs

8-6: CB1

5-4: CB2

But really have to spend a bit of time on a range and launch monitor before I pull the trigger on something like that as a set like that would be difficult to resell if it didn't work for me.

Need to find a demo day. Any Adams reps here that know of a place in Kansas City or an upcoming demo day where I could check out these clubs?

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

They do. Ares, Atlas and Zeus can be had through Adams. They give a 4 to 6 week time length for anything with those options though. Which for Adams probably means more like 8+ weeks. I love their stuff but the turn around on anything custom is diabolical.

I'm inclined to think they're the .1's.

I'd imagine so but a guy can dream.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Any info on what HITfit is?

HIT stands for Hybrid Iron Technology. It's a fitting tool found here HITfit- Adams Golf

It kind of reminds me of Online Bridgestone ball fitting as far as layout goes and there are only 4 questions. It shows recommendations based on club, player profile, ball flight, and then actual fitting data where you take repeated swings with your 6 iron. Looks like you need a launch monitor though.

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

Yea majority of custom departments that are not big don't stock all the shaft they offer, so getting in the order, then build, then ship could take awhile, but Zeus (driver), Midas (hybrids) are two really good shafts. RT Needs come out with a Zeus LT profile in 75grams that would really round out there product line well.

Does anyone think that the CMB is something like the old CB1? I loved the CB1 for being a CB it hit really well.

I think a lot of golf shops don't carry Adams as majority of people never heard of them. I have been in Myrtle Beach and seen my friend when he worked their talk about an Adams driver and the person asking them what Adams was. Majority of stores try to fill the space with what moves the fastest and bring the most money into their pockets, which I hate to admit this is going to be like what you see in Dick's Sporting Goods. TM, Callaway, Titleist, Cobra. No W/S, No Adams, and most time GI offerings little 'players clubs'. Golf Galaxy has gotten this way as well, you might find a few Nike here and their but not too many of those either. I just happened to be lucky when i lived in Myrtle Beach with Martins it was just a sea of golf equipment, everything under the sun it seemed like exception of Scratch, Miura and a few other small companies like fourteen, Scor, etc.

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

• SPY VIP

Just an FYI....we're probably not going to do a full-blown ULTIMATE Review of the these, but I will be testing them out in a less formal capacity for sure. As has already been reported, the stock steel shaft in these is the KBS C-Taper, which is basically perfect for me.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• 2 weeks later...

Just an FYI....we're probably not going to do a full-blown ULTIMATE Review of the these, but I will be testing them out in a less formal capacity for sure. As has already been reported, the stock steel shaft in these is the KBS C-Taper, which is basically perfect for me.

dang I was interested in seeing how the C-Taper was going to go over for the higher handicap guys in terms of spin and ball flight.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived