AGENT NAME: PLANO

• Members

• 2,075 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

http://www.sbnation....rs-championship

VIDEO: Kevin Na's Amazing Shot Causes Announcer To Cuss
by Brian Floyd • May 14, 2012 8:01 AM EDT

Really can't blame an announcer -- and I'm not sure which one it was, to be honest -- to drop an s-bomb after Kevin Na hit a 240-yard approach off the cart path and onto the green on Sunday at The Players Championship. Na was stuck in a bad spot, even if it was more desirable than the side-hill lie he took a free drop from. He purposely placed his ball on the asphalt cart path, prioritizing a flat lie over his clubs and perhaps well-being.

He pulled it off and made it look easy. Not only did he manage to put his ball back into play, he put it on the green. The crowd roared, the announcers stammered in disbelief and one of the on-air personalities said "s***"

It comes right around the 40-second mark.

To be fair, this was pretty much my reaction at home, except the s-bomb was preceded by a holy and a f-bomb. Na had no business getting this shot on the green, yet managed to pull it clean out of his backside.

So we'll forgive the announcer for dropping bombs. The occasion called for it.
Posted Image

#2 GolfSpy Tim

GolfSpy Tim

MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • LocationFolsom, CA
  • Handicap:14

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

sounded like a different quality audio overlayed into the video, did anyone actually hear that when watching it on their Tv?
Follow me on twitter: @GolfSpy_Tim

Or go check out my photography TimHalberg.com
Or my personal instagram Turtlehead
Or my photography instagram TimHalbergPhoto

#3 RoverRick

RoverRick

AGENT NAME: FAIRHAVEN

• Members

• 5,286 posts
  • LocationNortheast Texas
  • Handicap:2

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

Who cares about a $200 golf club when you play for $100k a stroke. Well the difference between 1&2 is more but 8&9 is less but the price of a club is nothing when you are paid to play them anyway.

Still a great shot.

In my :taylormade-small: Golf Bag

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 on a Miyazaki C Kua 43S

:taylormade-small: Rescue 11 16.5 on a Fujikura Motore F1 S

:titelist-small: 909H 19 on a Project X PXv 6.0

:benhogan-small: CFT 21 & 24 on Project X PXv 6.0

:mizuno-small: MP53 5 on KBS C Taper Lite S

:mizuno-small: MP68 6-P on KBS C Taper Lite S

:mizuno-small:  MPT11 52 & 58 on KBS Hi Rev Wedge

:cameron-small: Coronado

:taylormade-small: Lethal :titelist-small: Pro V1X

:footjoy-small:

All grips are Best Grips Micro-Perforated

#4 BK in TEXAS

BK in TEXAS

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,882 posts
  • LocationHouston
  • Handicap:12

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

I can't remember the last time I heard metal spikes clicking on pavement. Ahhh.....memories :)

In my bag, November 2014

Cobra AMP CELL PRO 10.5˚ Stock Shaft (Regular Flex)

Cobra Bio Cell 16˚ Fairway - ProjectX PXv Shaft - (Regular Flex)

Mizuno MP-54 3-PW; KBS Tour 90 Shafts (Regular Flex)
Mizuno T4 Wedges 50˚,54˚,58˚ DG Spinner Shafts
Nike
Method Core MC02w Putter

Titleist ProV1 2014 Balls

Titleist Staff Bag

Clicgear 3.5 Push Cart

#5 R.P. Jacobs II

R.P. Jacobs II

• Members

• 7,045 posts
  • LocationThe Burgh

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:16 PM

That was a great shot..With all of the garbage he's obviously got going through his head, I'm amazed that he was the 54 hole leader..That's incredible...Normally, you'd expect a round like he had on Sunday...I hope he pulls through this quickly, because he seems like a class act...Fairways & Greens 4ever....

What's Inside My Sun Mountain H2N0 Stand Bag:

-TMaG RBZ ST 2 Tour(Breast Cancer Pink Head by WalkerJames) 10.5*, Graphite Design Tour AD 9003 S(74gr)

-Adams Speedline XTD Super LS VST 3FM(Breast Cancer Fill) 15*, RT Tech Midas S(88gr)

-Adams Idea XTD Super LS VST Hybrid 19*, Fubuki AX 350

-Mizzy MP-68(4i-8i),TT DG TI S400, +1/2", +2*

-SCOR 43*,47*,51*,55*,59*, Genious 12 Firm +,  +1/2"

-Scotty Studio Select Fastback Custom 1.5, 35", 350gr HW(Not from the shop, notta Tour Issue/Circle T, just a poor ass retail model B))-Breast Cancer Fill

-Golf Pride Decade Multi-Compound Cord, Mizzy Blue/Black

-Stones Tour B330-S

-Shoes: A bunch, depends on my slacks, lol

I Am A Very Kind, Compassionate & Understanding Man......

Until It Is Time To Cease Being Kind, Compassionate & Understanding....

RP Jacobs II

#6 GolfSpy Dave

GolfSpy Dave

MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)

• MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)

• 6,000 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

I was watching for sparks. Was just as stunned as everyone as it rolled up on the green.

Mr. Miller was ragging on Na quite a bit at the start of the broadcast. Very unnecessary IMO.
Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @golfspy_dave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

#7 jmiller065

jmiller065

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Handicap:1.3

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:56 PM

sounded like a different quality audio overlayed into the video, did anyone actually hear that when watching it on their Tv?

It sounds like they doctored that video, has 'shyeah' or something overlaid in the audio. Regardless, I could care less if the announcer said it that they doctored it makes it a bigger story in my opinion. Turn on network tv and watch a rated movie, they edit to be TV-MA with 'strong language', 'violence' & 'sexual situations' a lot of times a combo of such. You will hear words as such in those movies pretty regularly.

I can start a rant on how I feel about 'foul language' in terms of the basic priceless, but I will leave this for people to ponder. At what point in U.S. / society acceptation in history and by whom or group did the words get flagged as being offensive? If you remove stipulation and slang from the word does it have a definition and synonyms?

You might guess where I stand on it, but just a question to ask yourself or even type a response if you want in here.

My Equipment
KZG VC-420 ML (10.5* Loft & 0.2* Open Face Angle) @ 44.50" w/ RT Technologies Ares LT (65g) Stiff (Tipped 1/2")
Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 16.5* @ 42.50" w/ RT Technologies Zeus (85g) Stiff (Tipped 1/2")
Tour Edge Exotics CB2 19.0* @ 40.00" w/ RT Technologies Midas (98g) Stiff (Tipped 1")
:cleveland-small: 588 MB 3i - 9i @ 38.75" - 35.75", 59.0* - 62.0*, 21* - 43* w/ KBS Tour X-Stiff (Soft Stepped 1x)
Fourteen MT-28 V5 T.S. Black 48-10 @ 35.25", 62.0* w/ KBS Tour X-Stiff (Soft Stepped 1x)
Fourteen MT-28 V5 T.S. Black 54-12 @ 35.25", 62.0* w/ KBS Tour X-Stiff (Soft Stepped 1x)
Fourteen MT-28 V5 T.S. Black 60-M @ 35.25", 62.0* w/ KBS Tour Wedge X-Stiff
:yes-small: Callie-f @ 33.25", 3.5* Loft, 69* Lie, 3/4 Shaft Offset, Pure Midsize Round Grip
Lamkin Crossline Full Cord M58, 2 build up wraps under right hand, 1 full double sided wrap
:srixon-small: Z-Star

Favorite Quotes
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." ~ Albert Einstein
"Competitive golf is played mainly on a five-and-a-half-inch course... the space between your ears." ~ Bobby Jones

The genius of Bruce Rearick (bargolf):
1. Great putters play to their tendencies and work with them
2. It isn't the method, it is the application of the method. Memorize the sequence of motion with clubs that fit the method.

#8 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

AGENT NAME: HUNTINGTON

• Members

• 3,934 posts
  • LocationEuharlee, GA
  • Handicap:10

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

Not that big of a deal, they'll swap the heads out and he'll have a new club again.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade Tour Issue Superfast 2.0 LCG w/ USPG Black Ops Pearl X 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade SLDR TS 13* with Aldila NV 75X
3 Hybrid: Adams Super LSP 18* (bent to 17*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams Super LSP 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
5-7I : Tour Issued Adams CB2 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour issue S400 hardstepped 1x
8-GW: Tour Issued Adams CB1 w/ Dynamic Gold S400 hardstepped 1x

SW: 56* Cleveland CG12 (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Cleveland CG12 (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
Putter: Mannkrafted Widebody Rattler 34", 71* lie, 4* loft

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

#9 RoverRick

RoverRick

• Members

• 5,286 posts
  • LocationNortheast Texas

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

So are your saying that you do not give a s*** if someone says s*** on TV?:P

In my :taylormade-small: Golf Bag

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 on a Miyazaki C Kua 43S

:taylormade-small: Rescue 11 16.5 on a Fujikura Motore F1 S

:titelist-small: 909H 19 on a Project X PXv 6.0

:benhogan-small: CFT 21 & 24 on Project X PXv 6.0

:mizuno-small: MP53 5 on KBS C Taper Lite S

:mizuno-small: MP68 6-P on KBS C Taper Lite S

:mizuno-small:  MPT11 52 & 58 on KBS Hi Rev Wedge

:cameron-small: Coronado

:taylormade-small: Lethal :titelist-small: Pro V1X

:footjoy-small:

All grips are Best Grips Micro-Perforated

#10 The Artful Duffer

The Artful Duffer

SR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:20 PM

I can't remember the last time I heard metal spikes clicking on pavement. Ahhh.....memories :)

I soooo miss that sound and the feel of the metal spikes.

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

#11 Shambles

Shambles

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:27 AM

I soooo miss that sound and the feel of the metal spikes.

It's happily gone for me. I remember too many broken bones of those who slipped.

Shambles

#12 jmiller065

jmiller065

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Handicap:1.3

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

I love metal spikes, but they are not recommended for everyone, depends on your weight distribution in the follow through (ask tiger how it feels to have metal spikes that not give when weight is on the ball of the lead foot = knee injury).

It is a shame that you can't get them now a days, I would love to have one set, I would still wear my soft spikes 99% of the time, I just get the hardest most gripping soft spike that i can find, so far that has been Champ Stingers. http://www.champspik...ts/golf/spikes/, Same exact spike that Footjoy uses as their stock offering in their newer models just different color.

My Equipment
KZG VC-420 ML (10.5* Loft & 0.2* Open Face Angle) @ 44.50" w/ RT Technologies Ares LT (65g) Stiff (Tipped 1/2")
Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 16.5* @ 42.50" w/ RT Technologies Zeus (85g) Stiff (Tipped 1/2")
Tour Edge Exotics CB2 19.0* @ 40.00" w/ RT Technologies Midas (98g) Stiff (Tipped 1")
:cleveland-small: 588 MB 3i - 9i @ 38.75" - 35.75", 59.0* - 62.0*, 21* - 43* w/ KBS Tour X-Stiff (Soft Stepped 1x)
Fourteen MT-28 V5 T.S. Black 48-10 @ 35.25", 62.0* w/ KBS Tour X-Stiff (Soft Stepped 1x)
Fourteen MT-28 V5 T.S. Black 54-12 @ 35.25", 62.0* w/ KBS Tour X-Stiff (Soft Stepped 1x)
Fourteen MT-28 V5 T.S. Black 60-M @ 35.25", 62.0* w/ KBS Tour Wedge X-Stiff
:yes-small: Callie-f @ 33.25", 3.5* Loft, 69* Lie, 3/4 Shaft Offset, Pure Midsize Round Grip
Lamkin Crossline Full Cord M58, 2 build up wraps under right hand, 1 full double sided wrap
:srixon-small: Z-Star

Favorite Quotes
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." ~ Albert Einstein
"Competitive golf is played mainly on a five-and-a-half-inch course... the space between your ears." ~ Bobby Jones

The genius of Bruce Rearick (bargolf):
1. Great putters play to their tendencies and work with them
2. It isn't the method, it is the application of the method. Memorize the sequence of motion with clubs that fit the method.

#13 GolfSpy Barbajo

GolfSpy Barbajo

AGENT NAME: PLANO

• Moderators
  • 2,633 posts
  • LocationPrior Lake, MN
  • Handicap:8.4

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:32 PM

Miss that sound of metal spikes, too. But then again, I miss the sound of a persimmon wood...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :nike-small: Vapor Pro 9.5*, Aldila Tour Green shaft, stiff
FW Wood:  :callaway-logo-1:  XHot Pro 2 Deep, 12.50, Aldila Tour Green shaft, stiff
Hybrids:  :cobra-small: Baffler 170, 190 & 220, Graphite Design shafts, stiff
Irons:  :nike-small: Vapor ProCombo 5-PW, KBS Tour shafts, stiff
Wedges:  Carnahan 520,   :titelist-small: Vokey SM5 560, :nike-small: Vr SXS 56* 
Putter:  Wilson Staff Special 1 Forged, Coutour Gullane, Mati Mamo

#14 Shambles

Shambles

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:40 AM

Love the sound of a Persimmon Driver too. Nothing like that loud CRAAAK when you hit one on the screws, as if the head was being broken.

Shambles

#15 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

AGENT NAME: HUNTINGTON

• Members

• 3,934 posts
  • LocationEuharlee, GA
  • Handicap:10

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:34 PM

Too many people would tear greens up with metal spikes. I saw a guy drag mark a green in spikeless trues the other day. Not to mention pressing seed from wild grass into the green and planting it. I love them, but they're bad for courses with all the lazy people out there that can't make themselves pick their feet up. (yes, I realize you can do the same kind of damage with soft spikes, but it's amplified with metal). I'd love to have metal on just the front two or three spikes on my spiked shoes.

And shambles, the Yonex Ezone 380 is about as close as I've found for the sound of persimmon in a metal wood. I was shocked the first swing I took. The thwack took me back to my beginning days.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade Tour Issue Superfast 2.0 LCG w/ USPG Black Ops Pearl X 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade SLDR TS 13* with Aldila NV 75X
3 Hybrid: Adams Super LSP 18* (bent to 17*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams Super LSP 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
5-7I : Tour Issued Adams CB2 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour issue S400 hardstepped 1x
8-GW: Tour Issued Adams CB1 w/ Dynamic Gold S400 hardstepped 1x

SW: 56* Cleveland CG12 (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Cleveland CG12 (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
Putter: Mannkrafted Widebody Rattler 34", 71* lie, 4* loft

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Our Sponsors