19 replies to this topic

#1 VeraSacRifice

VeraSacRifice

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:04 AM

Golf cart covers have different objectives. It depends upon factors like the size, shape and design of the cover. Some covers are used just to protect the cart from the scorching heat of the sun and sometimes from heavy rains. Certain covers are meant to protect the upholstery seats from getting damaged. Some covers protect the cart from dust while parked in a dusty area or left in the garage for a long period of time. But the major use of a golf cart cover should be to protect the cart and also its occupants. It should make the driving feel safe.

Safety is one of the major issues related with carts. Most of the Golf players prefer to leave their carts at the golf course itself as most of the carts is not street legal. Such carts cannot be driven on the streets and has to be towed or driven by a trailer. So safety is major factor when you leave the cart at the golf course. Harsh weather can damage your cart. Hence adequate protection should be provided to the cart.

First of all decide on what type of protective cover you need for the cart. The type of the cover depends upon the use or type of protection needed. Each cover have special uses like some protect from the sun, some from the rain and certain others just protect the seat and other upholstery.

The next factor is your budget. Cover prices vary over a wide range. The price depends upon factors like material used to make the cover, the design of the cover, its size and the brand value. Always make sure to choose the best cover available. They should be durable and effective. These covers are available at most of the leading car accessory showrooms. They can also be ordered online which will be available to you as home delivery. learn more about...

Sorry to keep you hanging, but I deleted the link from this spamming d-nozzle. Feel free to continue the discussion. -T Also, contrary to the opening statement, I believe golf cart covers all have a single objective...cover the damn golf cart.

#2 GolfSpy Tim

GolfSpy Tim

MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • LocationFolsom, CA
  • Handicap:14

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

Most interesting article I've read in the last 30 seconds - good link building effort
Follow me on twitter: @GolfSpy_Tim

Or go check out my photography TimHalberg.com
Or my personal instagram Turtlehead
Or my photography instagram TimHalbergPhoto

#3 RoverRick

RoverRick

AGENT NAME: FAIRHAVEN

• Members

• 5,264 posts
  • LocationNortheast Texas
  • Handicap:2

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

I think this is another one of the deals where I would be afraid to click on the external link at the bottom. I might end up buying a boat load of cow manure.

#4 Ice

Ice

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Handicap:13

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:52 AM

I clicked the link. It's just the same article with a bunch of foreign language mumbo-jumbo around the post. Not worth clicking on, and I didn't see anywhere to buy anything.
What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS
Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti
Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW
TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*
Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

#5 stevenhw8

stevenhw8

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,169 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:56 PM

Probably the kind of blog where the author makes money whenever you click on the link (Google AdSense, Wordpress, etc.)

:adams-small: Speedline Fast12 LS 9.5* w/ Fubuki Alpha 60 S
:cobra-small: Baffler T-Rail 16* 3W w/ Cobra GD Tour AD

Deciding between  :adams-small: Super S 19* w/ Kujoh 75 S or Super LS 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: MP59 4-PW w/ KBS Tour S

DTG Inazone CNC Spin Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/ KBS Tour S
:yes-small: Callie 34"
:srixon-small: Z-Star
:nike-small: M9 Cartbag / Clicgear 3.0

post-872-028340200%201372111404.jpg

#6 ABGolf58

ABGolf58

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Handicap:15

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:53 AM

If you are looking for Accessories for your golf cart check out this web site Golf-101.net

#7 R.P. Jacobs II

R.P. Jacobs II

• Members

• 7,045 posts
  • LocationThe Burgh

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

Most interesting article I've read in the last 30 seconds

Dude, I know that I'm a little late to the party, but I couldn't agree more! Wow, I've spent a lot of $$ on all things golf, but this is something that never entered my mind.

I guess it would help if I had a friggin cart..lol. I gotta sell some putters!

Fairways & Greens 4ever

What's Inside My Sun Mountain H2N0 Stand Bag:

-TMaG RBZ ST 2 Tour(Breast Cancer Pink Head by WalkerJames) 10.5*, Graphite Design Tour AD 9003 S(74gr)

-Adams Speedline XTD Super LS VST 3FM(Breast Cancer Fill) 15*, RT Tech Midas S(88gr)

-Adams Idea XTD Super LS VST Hybrid 19*, Fubuki AX 350

-Mizzy MP-68(4i-8i),TT DG TI S400, +1/2", +2*

-SCOR 43*,47*,51*,55*,59*, Genious 12 Firm +,  +1/2"

-Scotty Studio Select Fastback Custom 1.5, 35", 350gr HW(Not from the shop, notta Tour Issue/Circle T, just a poor ass retail model B))-Breast Cancer Fill

-Golf Pride Decade Multi-Compound Cord, Mizzy Blue/Black

-Stones Tour B330-S

-Shoes: A bunch, depends on my slacks, lol

I Am A Very Kind, Compassionate & Understanding Man......

Until It Is Time To Cease Being Kind, Compassionate & Understanding....

RP Jacobs II

#8 RoverRick

RoverRick

• Members

• 5,264 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:04 AM

I have a golf cart and it has a cover, not currently on. I have no idea what this is really about. But unlike some of the people at my club, i do not have a heater in mine. Actually, we have one guy that has an air conditioner on his cart. But we play year round and the cover makes it tolerable in the winter months. Mainly to keep the wind off, and it certainly helps when it begins to rain while you are out. I will admit that my cover is pretty old now and I may have to replace it this year. I also have to replace my windshield.

#9 R.P. Jacobs II

R.P. Jacobs II

• Members

• 7,045 posts
  • LocationThe Burgh

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:13 AM

I have a golf cart and it has a cover, not currently on. I have no idea what this is really about. But unlike some of the people at my club, i do not have a heater in mine. Actually, we have one guy that has an air conditioner on his cart. But we play year round and the cover makes it tolerable in the winter months. Mainly to keep the wind off, and it certainly helps when it begins to rain while you are out. I will admit that my cover is pretty old now and I may have to replace it this year. I also have to replace my windshield.

Rick, do you have any idea how much a decent used cart would go for? Just curious.

Thanx.

Fairways & Greens 4ever

What's Inside My Sun Mountain H2N0 Stand Bag:

-TMaG RBZ ST 2 Tour(Breast Cancer Pink Head by WalkerJames) 10.5*, Graphite Design Tour AD 9003 S(74gr)

-Adams Speedline XTD Super LS VST 3FM(Breast Cancer Fill) 15*, RT Tech Midas S(88gr)

-Adams Idea XTD Super LS VST Hybrid 19*, Fubuki AX 350

-Mizzy MP-68(4i-8i),TT DG TI S400, +1/2", +2*

-SCOR 43*,47*,51*,55*,59*, Genious 12 Firm +,  +1/2"

-Scotty Studio Select Fastback Custom 1.5, 35", 350gr HW(Not from the shop, notta Tour Issue/Circle T, just a poor ass retail model B))-Breast Cancer Fill

-Golf Pride Decade Multi-Compound Cord, Mizzy Blue/Black

-Stones Tour B330-S

-Shoes: A bunch, depends on my slacks, lol

I Am A Very Kind, Compassionate & Understanding Man......

Until It Is Time To Cease Being Kind, Compassionate & Understanding....

RP Jacobs II

#10 RoverRick

RoverRick

• Members

• 5,264 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:40 AM

You can get them for about $2500 around here I think I heard someone say this morning. Mine is really old now and I was going to replace it this spring but ended up keeping it. Having it is truly awesome because to hit range balls costs me money but I can go out on the course and play and it is part of my monthly dues. That is why I do not hit range balls. Also the hard covers mark up my irons.

#11 Stablo1

Stablo1

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:03 AM

We have one guy that has an air conditioner on his cart. But we play year round and the cover makes it tolerable in the winter months.

#12 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

AGENT NAME: HUNTINGTON

• Members

• 3,894 posts
  • LocationEuharlee, GA
  • Handicap:10

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

FYI, for those out there looking for a cart cover. If your course uses Yamaha carts, make sure you check the model number and check the top design. Why? Because our course, when it reopened this year, has new Yamaha carts. Well all of us have covers, some 2-3 each, to go with heaters for the winter. We broke them out for the first time, and all of us brought several just in case. Well, Yamaha carts, one in particular, has a slightly larger roof. Yep, you guessed it, none of our standard cart covers fit right. I cut several slits in an older one I had that day to make it work because it was 33 degrees when we teed off, and was supposed to get to a high of 40. After that day, we came home and did some digging. One company makes covers to fit this particular Yamaha cart, and that cover is a $299.99 cover. Is it worth it? Sure, if your course is going to keep the carts, but if they're only going to use them for a season more and the lease is up, it's a tough decision. Regardless, just wanted to throw that out there.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade Tour Issue Superfast 2.0 LCG w/ USPG Black Ops Pearl X 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade SLDR TS 13* with Aldila NV 75X
3 Hybrid: Adams Super LSP 18* (bent to 17*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams Super LSP 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
5-7I : Tour Issued Adams CB2 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour issue S400 hardstepped 1x
8-GW: Tour Issued Adams CB1 w/ Dynamic Gold S400 hardstepped 1x

SW: 56* Cleveland CG12 (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Cleveland CG12 (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
Putter: Mannkrafted Widebody Rattler 34", 71* lie, 4* loft

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

#13 hckymeyer

hckymeyer

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,849 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN
  • Handicap:4.6

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:09 AM

FYI, for those out there looking for a cart cover. If your course uses Yamaha carts, make sure you check the model number and check the top design. Why? Because our course, when it reopened this year, has new Yamaha carts. Well all of us have covers, some 2-3 each, to go with heaters for the winter. We broke them out for the first time, and all of us brought several just in case. Well, Yamaha carts, one in particular, has a slightly larger roof. Yep, you guessed it, none of our standard cart covers fit right. I cut several slits in an older one I had that day to make it work because it was 33 degrees when we teed off, and was supposed to get to a high of 40. After that day, we came home and did some digging. One company makes covers to fit this particular Yamaha cart, and that cover is a $299.99 cover. Is it worth it? Sure, if your course is going to keep the carts, but if they're only going to use them for a season more and the lease is up, it's a tough decision. Regardless, just wanted to throw that out there.

How much bigger is the roof than a standard EZ-GO? The cover I got (which I'm guessing you or someone else in your group actually has) seems to have a fair amount of extra space on a 2006 ezgo. I was able to put it on with a side mirror sticking out.

It's the fairly cheap one from Golfsmith, I think it retails for $100 but goes on sale for $60 all the time.

It's this one ... actually on sale for $50 for the next 14 hours.
Driver: TMaG SLDR 430 10.5° set to 11° Diamana D+ 62 stiff Hybrids: Adams Super LS 15°, 17°, 22°, 25° all Kuro Kage Black 80 HY stiff Irons: 6-aw TMaG Speedblades KBS C-Taper S+ Wedges: Cally MD2 54° & 58° Putter: TMaG Spider S Slant

#14 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

AGENT NAME: HUNTINGTON

• Members

• 3,894 posts
  • LocationEuharlee, GA
  • Handicap:10

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

How much bigger is the roof than a standard EZ-GO? The cover I got (which I'm guessing you or someone else in your group actually has) seems to have a fair amount of extra space on a 2006 ezgo. I was able to put it on with a side mirror sticking out.

It's the fairly cheap one from Golfsmith, I think it retails for $100 but goes on sale for $60 all the time.

It's this one ... actually on sale for $50 for the next 14 hours.

It's around 8 inches wider total and around 10 inches longer, plus it's taller and the basket configuration is a little different. Seemed the same until you started trying to put a cover on.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade Tour Issue Superfast 2.0 LCG w/ USPG Black Ops Pearl X 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade SLDR TS 13* with Aldila NV 75X
3 Hybrid: Adams Super LSP 18* (bent to 17*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams Super LSP 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
5-7I : Tour Issued Adams CB2 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour issue S400 hardstepped 1x
8-GW: Tour Issued Adams CB1 w/ Dynamic Gold S400 hardstepped 1x

SW: 56* Cleveland CG12 (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Cleveland CG12 (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
Putter: Mannkrafted Widebody Rattler 34", 71* lie, 4* loft

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

#15 BenderGloves

BenderGloves

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

I recently recovered my seats with a cover from UpToParCovers.com

It honestly couldn't have fit better and looked better! There website isn't fancy but their prices are cheap. They also make steering wheel covers and roof covers.

They can make them in any color combination you want. Doesn't take long to manufacture them either.

Great products!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Recent Topics

Recent Topics

Our Sponsors