TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Them sum bitochs want let me play the senior tees...

Oh well I'll just kept taking their money anyways

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

That's the way to do it...laugh all the way to the bank!!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

That's the way to do it...laugh all the way to the bank!!

My game is coming around cuz and I feel like putting a good ole fashion arse whupping one em for messing with me about the damn senior tees.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

My game is coming around cuz and I feel like putting a good ole fashion arse whupping one em for messing with me about the damn senior tees.

Oh I see a woodshed whoopin in somebody's future

As for my venture into the Senior league. I was looking at the scores for today, and not that im a buddying Champions Tour member or anything. But the fact I didn't play to my level and left 1st place out there for the taking with just a decent round aggravated me. I'll go back for more.

The only issue is I can't do it every week as it took up half a work day. But I will be back, this I promise.

Oh I see a woodshed whoopin in somebody's future

As for my venture into the Senior league. I was looking at the scores for today, and not that im a buddying Champions Tour member or anything. But the fact I didn't play to my level and left 1st place out there for the taking with just a decent round aggravated me. I'll go back for more.

The only issue is I can't do it every week as it took up half a work day. But I will be back, this I promise.

Hey I don't mind playing the white tees for a few more years... As long as them jokers don't call me for sand bagging... In fact,,, one of my good friends (Jack) who regularly shoots in the mid to low seventies from the white (member tees)and they have been hounding him! I told em,,, hell Jack, you're 70 dude! Just because you average 250+ off the tees, the local rule of 70's for seniors should hold up for you!

Cleveland

Hey I don't mind playing the white tees for a few more years... As long as them jokers don't call me for sand bagging... In fact,,, one of my good friends (Jack) who regularly shoots in the mid to low seventies from the white (member tees)and they have been hounding him! I told em,,, hell Jack, you're 70 dude! Just because you average 250+ off the tees, the local rule of 70's for seniors should hold up for you!

70 and hitting that far and shooting that low. What an inspiration to get my old butt out there and practice. I still hold out hope there are some yards to be found, if I can ever get pointed in the right direction with my swing that seems to have left me two years ago.

70 and hitting that far and shooting that low. What an inspiration to get my old butt out there and practice. I still hold out hope there are some yards to be found, if I can ever get pointed in the right direction with my swing that seems to have left me two years ago.

Old Jack is a pretty special character... He seriously reminds me of Davis Love III look a like. He hits the ball a mile for his age and has that natural golf game going on. I'd toss my left nutt in the can for that kind of game....

Cleveland

My iron game was off today big time 53/49 had 3/3 putts on the back nine.

It needs to warm up soon, golfing in the low 40* in May. Lol

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Well today was a hot mess or a disaster, maybe both.

I played in our Senior Men'S league. I've never gone out with them, as it's 18 holes and I hate to take that much time away from work, but I was in a good position work load wise today, so thought why not. 107 shots later, I know why not...

The neat thing is the play our Gold Tees 5765, versus the white 6150 we play in our league. So I had high hopes for a good round. Good Grief, Hit a very nice high drive right down the pipe on the first hole, with only 75 yards in, I'm thinking, yeah baby, I'm going to show these guys how it's done. Well the golf gods will get you for thoughts like that. I hit an "Alan" right dead into the trees and walked off with a bogey, thanks to a great escape and good up and down. it was more of the same from there.

By the time I salvaged any sort of a game, 2 pars and a bogey on the last 3 holes the damage was done.

Well that's golf!!!

😱 Get the bad juju out before tomorrow's league is what I say ;)

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

48 on 9. Threw some shots away, had some long putts 25 ft plus that I went for the hole vs lagging up and missed big and it rolled down hill to add an extra putt back up.  Par 5 9th hole, great drive, 220 out but somewhat under trees, if I kept it low I could get there, instead of just swinging normal, I tried to close the face, play it back in my stance, you know everything youre supposed to do, and I chunked it, got in my own head, sliced next shot in to the sand and it all went down from there. 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

...I'm thinking, yeah baby, I'm going to show these guys how it's done. Well the golf gods will get you for thoughts like that.

I hit an "Alan" right dead into the trees...

"..an 'Alan'.."

Ha! Good one ... that's hilarious!!!

@Shankster: you see that story?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Played in a US Open qualifier on Monday.  Was playing ok (+1 thru 13) and I tried to press.  I was thinking 68 was the number, when EVEN 71 would have done it.  I guess that's why you play your game till the end.  Shot 76, only one guy broke par.  Back to the drawing board for next year.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Played in a US Open qualifier on Monday.  Was playing ok (+1 thru 13) and I tried to press.  I was thinking 68 was the number, when EVEN 71 would have done it.  I guess that's why you play your game till the end.  Shot 76, only one guy broke par.  Back to the drawing board for next year.

Way to give it a run J. Its hard to know what the number you need is gonna be sometimes. At least you gave it a go. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Got off the plane in LV today and walked to passenger pick up with Alec Baldwin (pretty good start to the trip). Got picked up and went to Southern Highlands to play golf. Really awesome private club outside of LV. Had some good company and music going on the course and possibly a few adult beverages. Played decent for not practicing or playing all that much this year from the blues. Put up a really nice 78 that I will take most days with the current state of my game. Made a nice birdie on 18 and jarred a wedge for another.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Played my best round in a couple of weeks; shot 42/39 for an 81.  Score could have been a few shots better if my putter would get out of it's funk.  I had 3 three-putts from long range and missed several makable birdies, one stopping 0.5 inches dead in the heart!!  Beautiful, sunny 82* day; it was nice to be out walking.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Shot a 47 in League. Started off with a triple and my game was off in most areas. Hit a couple of great shots followed with a shot that would make you say "hmmm". Scrambling was decent and that allowed me to save bogey on a few holes. Still, a few makeable par saves within a close distance didn't go down and my iron play was all over the map. Lowlight funny for the day, hooked a drive but found the ball. Lie wasn't great in a bit of a dirt swail with a rock three feet in front of it which I should of easily have gone over especially with a wedge. Instead I hit the rock with the ball and the ball sails over my head perfectly behind me 48 yards. Didn't realize it was trick shot Wednesday, lol.

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Yep, at that age being able to play that well is inspirational and exactly what I need now.   While this may sound unrealistic and just hopeful thinking, it is my hope that having reached my current age, it will result in the opportunity to improve my game.  I am now what I will label as semi-retired with full retirement about a year and a half away.   As a result of this status, I now have the time and opportunity to take lessons and dedicate myself to practice because my professional obligations are not as restrictive to such efforts.  When fully retired, because I do not have the resources to travel the world, as long as I am physically able, golf will be my primary retirement activity. Accordingly, I want to do so the best I can, perhaps even better given the opportunity to work at doing so.   

Shot a 47 in League. Started off with a triple and my game was off in most areas. Hit a couple of great shots followed with a shot that would make you say "hmmm". Scrambling was decent and that allowed me to save bogey on a few holes. Still, a few makeable par saves within a close distance didn't go down and my iron play was all over the map. Lowlight funny for the day, hooked a drive but found the ball. Lie wasn't great in a bit of a dirt swail with a rock three feet in front of it which I should of easily have gone over especially with a wedge. Instead I hit the rock with the ball and the ball sails over my head perfectly behind me 48 yards. Didn't realize it was trick shot Wednesday, lol.

MDGolfHacker

And yes, this was verified by GPS, you went from 141 yards to the center of the green to 189...As close to you as I was, I never actually saw it ricochet.  Good thing it went back and not sideways  :o

Well I had a nice bonce back yesterday from my disaster round on Tuesday.  Shot 47/46 on two separate rounds of 9 holes.   The 46 was a very poor putting round with 2-three putts and the rest two putts.  I left 4 strokes out there with putts.  Had GIR on both par 3's but 3 putted them both.   First was from about 80 feet, the 2nd was to a very tough pin location.    So at least i felt like I was hitting the ball pretty solid, except for off the tee.  it was not great, but didn't cost me any penalty strokes...so that's good.

The 47 round was pretty much the same thing, solid ball striking used the 3w off the tee a lot and that left me in a lot of fairways, although in the 180'ish range out on most holes.  

Yep, at that age being able to play that well is inspirational and exactly what I need now.   While this may sound unrealistic and just hopeful thinking, it is my hope that having reached my current age, it will result in the opportunity to improve my game.  I am now what I will label as semi-retired with full retirement about a year and a half away.   As a result of this status, I now have the time and opportunity to take lessons and dedicate myself to practice because my professional obligations are not as restrictive to such efforts.  When fully retired, because I do not have the resources to travel the world, as long as I am physically able, golf will be my primary retirement activity. Accordingly, I want to do so the best I can, perhaps even better given the opportunity to work at doing so.   

You just described me three years ago.  Actually, I started my semi-retirement 10 years ago and gave myself a golf school vacation.  I retired officially 20 months ago and last year my HCP was the lowest it's ever been.  It's a wonder how much better the golf game gets when you can spend more time practicing the skill shots.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played 12 yesterday - #1 thru 3 then back to #1 on a 9-Hole course. Played decently, too, overall .. though did start to fall apart a bit on the last three holes... But first 8 holes all my (first!) tee shots were solid - huge improvement for me! - and even hit the Par 5 (#4) in two! Now, I am NOT usually a 'go for it' guy - don't really have the distance nor the confidence in my accuracy, but my tee shot was great .. went sailing over the first fairway and then made a small draw to turn into the dogleg left second fairway .. about 235 out (yes: this is unusually good for me) and lying nicely on the upslope towards the elevated green maybe 30 ft higher.

Typically I would take the PW or 9i and lay up to give myself a shot at the green - which is oval-shaped with the long axis perpendicular to the approach, so either your distance control (going uphill, cannot see the green surface) has to be spot-on or you give yourself a wedge shot at an angle - but it's quiet there, I'm playing alone, no one behind me and like I said ball was lying nicely so I say to myself, "What da heck - let's give it a go!" Grab the hybrid, try to orient my stance for the upslope and swing away. Ball flies on line, though a little low, and then takes a strong fade at the end to hit the right side of the green. Thought it had bounced off the right edge, off the green, but when I got up there....

IMG_20170510_143731656.jpg

It was a long putt, but reasonably straight, and .. I got really close to making it... Turned left at the end, which I should have accounted for as that's the predominant break on this green, but I was happy with the putt as the second one was short and easy.

Next tee shot was solid, though I duffed the approach wedge shot on a somewhat steep below the feet lie so gave myself a do-over which I nailed :) Next hole were not great shots but all playable; the next (#7), a Par 3 about 130 uphill to a blind green and into a light breeze - I gave myself a Mulligan and put that one on the back edge of the green. Didn't make the birdie putt but had an 'easy' par. #8 had a topped tee shot but totally nailed the second shot to hit the green with the ball lying a littel past and left of the pin.

#9 we're not going to talk about............

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

You just described me three years ago.  Actually, I started my semi-retirement 10 years ago and gave myself a golf school vacation.  I retired officially 20 months ago and last year my HCP was the lowest it's ever been.  It's a wonder how much better the golf game gets when you can spend more time practicing the skill shots.

Or: when you start to shed the accumulated stresses of years of work...............

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Just enjoyed the weather and company today.I got matched up with our 5 time city champion and learned some great techniques.He showed me a effective way to release the club-and a unique follow thru.Was such a pleasure to watch and learn.His advice was working as well.Maybe I might've got lucky and found a new way to do this?

Keep it in the short stuff

4 birds on my way to a 68 today.

Best shot of the day was a 180 yard 5 iron, that I had to turn about 30 yards around a big tree.

Narrowly missed 3-4 other birds putts too.

Been shooting lights out lately.

Disclaimer... shot from white tees...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Played in 2 captains choice outings this past week, played the strawberry festival outing here in fort mill on Tuesday with 3 guys from church, we all played decent that day and together we shot 57, which tied for second with about 5 other teams, first place was some guys that play in these things together all the time, they shot 53. That is skewed some because of mulligans. Then on Saturday my work hosted their first, hopefully annual, golf outing to raise money for the 4 charities that the company and employees sponser. I played with 2 guys that are probably 20 hcps, they payed well so that helped, I hit the ball incredibly well that day we shot a 65. It was a short course so we were 5 under on the par fives. I was able to reach all of them. So we had 2 other birdies and another eagle along with 2 bogeys, but all in all we played really well, and I came within inches of having a hole in one on our last hole, 300 yd par 4. I am still trying to figure out how the ball got past the hole without going in, but it was a tap in eagle.

IMG_2163.JPGIMG_2165.JPGIMG_2162.JPG

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Worst gam ever tonight in men's league. Maybe it was the rum and coke ( I was pretty happy) or maybe the cold and windy weather.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Worst gam ever tonight in men's league. Maybe it was the rum and coke ( I was pretty happy) or maybe the cold and windy weather.

Not enough Run and Coke ;)  That was me this week - started with a triple on a par 3...

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Shot 39/43:82 today with one birdie. Man o man I was striking the ball well today. I had drives of 220/238/265......yep, 265....wind was dormant and I hit a pull down the left side where the cart path is.......ball had one scuff mark on it. I was just short of the left bunker so I chipped up only to have the ball stop in the fringe....did par the hole.

The Ben Hogan irons were flush today. They really felt great when striking the ball.

We played net Hcap today so my net was 63 and I took second place(there were 18 playing).

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I seem to be stuck on 84 lately . I just get there different ways. Today with back to back 42's. I had a really bad ball striking day however I saved some strokes around the greens.

Cleveland