#1 GolfSpy_X

GolfSpy_X

GOLF INTEL

• Administrators
  • 3,802 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

JUST ARRIVED - SKLZ TRAINERmat & TRAINERball
>> golf specific exercises
These arrived today and since many of you guys in the contest spoke up about wanting to hear more about "Golf Fitness" on MGS...I thought this was a good start.

I asked for SKLZ to send a sample over because I thought this product while not revolutionary did have some advantages over similar products.

Advantage:

- like I stated, can you get a mat and ball similar to this? Yes. But the fact that they actually display the exercises on the mat and ball is a really nice feature. Makes you wonder why they all don't. So many people see these mats and balls at their local gyms but don't use them because they don't know what they are for. The TRAINERmat gives you 24 golf specific exercises printed directly on the mat, while the ball gives you 16.

Dis-Advantage:

- well other than the fact that the pump that came with the ball gave me a better workout than the ball did doesn't say much for the included pump. SKLZ could definitely improve this part. The set-up took far too long for a medium size training ball, because the pump broke multiple times. It took a little of McGyver'ing but it finished the job. Could you use the special needle provided with a bike pump? Yes, but I wanted to use what they provided so you know what you are in for if you do not have another style pump.

Other than that I think this is a great idea.

TRAINERball - Click here

TRAINERmat - Click here

Attached Files

"Power To The Player."

The MyGolfSpy Forum:
Posted Image Find us on: Posted Image Posted Image

#2 Flv02

Flv02

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members

• 556 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:09 AM

Very nice looking set. I love SKLZ. We used some of their gear during football season. The mat is cool though. It kind of looks like all of my P90X exercises on a single mat
Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+
3W:Cobra S2 14*
4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*
3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*
5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*
6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back
7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel
Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex
Putter: Odyssey Versa #9
Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

#3 GolfSpy WD

GolfSpy WD

MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)

• Moderators

• 4,238 posts
  • LocationLobstah

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

I really need something like this, but I know I'll use it for two weeks, get busy at work, and never use it again :)

#4 R.P. Jacobs II

R.P. Jacobs II

AGENT NAME: FAIRHAVEN

• Members

• 7,045 posts
  • LocationThe Burgh
  • Handicap:2

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:45 PM

Yea, that's why I got it, because of the pics on the mat....Sort of "fitness for idiots"...Works for me...And the pump?...Since I'm lazy, outa shape and wasn't looking to review it, I went with the air compressor...Worked efficiently & quickly...

Nice set-up....

fairwaya & Greens 4ever....

What's Inside My Sun Mountain H2N0 Stand Bag:

-TMaG RBZ ST 2 Tour(Breast Cancer Pink Head by WalkerJames) 10.5*, Graphite Design Tour AD 9003 S(74gr)

-Adams Speedline XTD Super LS VST 3FM(Breast Cancer Fill) 15*, RT Tech Midas S(88gr)

-Adams Idea XTD Super LS VST Hybrid 19*, Fubuki AX 350

-Mizzy MP-68(4i-8i),TT DG TI S400, +1/2", +2*

-SCOR 43*,47*,51*,55*,59*, Genious 12 Firm +,  +1/2"

-Scotty Studio Select Fastback Custom 1.5, 35", 350gr HW(Not from the shop, notta Tour Issue/Circle T, just a poor ass retail model B))-Breast Cancer Fill

-Golf Pride Decade Multi-Compound Cord, Mizzy Blue/Black

-Stones Tour B330-S

-Shoes: A bunch, depends on my slacks, lol

I Am A Very Kind, Compassionate & Understanding Man......

Until It Is Time To Cease Being Kind, Compassionate & Understanding....

RP Jacobs II

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      10 Sep
    hckymeyer

Played yesterday and it was 76 degrees w/ 5mph winds, today playing in 50 degrees w/ 15-20mph winds. Sometimes I hate MN

Show comments (1)
View All Updates

Recent Topics

Recent Topics

Our Sponsors