Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Suggestions for reviews

Matt Saternus

• 2 weeks later...

I've got one for Matt or if not Matt than the MGS crew. I have a friend who will say black if I say white about anything golf related. This includes fitting which he believes is a bunch of bunk - It's always the Indian not the arrow.

I would love to see Matt do some shaft tests where the testers test shaft/head combos randomly - Tester 1 - x stiff 8.5 degrees, Tester 2 R flex 10.5 degrees, etc., etc. Then another test where the testers are fit for the proper head/shaft combo.

I would love to see the difference in those results not just to shut my friend up - it won't but to demonstrate what a horses ..@$%$%% he is no I mean to demonstarte quantitatively to everyone how siginficant fitting is.

For those who say why use such extremes in the test I'd point out that there is often a huge variation in "stock off the rack" clubs - An unsuspecting consumer goes into Golfsmith and picks up an Adams F12 with 10.5 loft and R flex - He might have in his hands an extra stiff 46" shaft that he can't possible hit succesfully.

I'd love to see that test!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I would love to see the difference in those results not just to shut my friend up - it won't but to demonstrate what a horses ..@$%$%% he is no I mean to demonstarte quantitatively to everyone how siginficant fitting is.

:lol: haha, that's awesome! I had a couple of my own friends' faces pop into my head when I read that Kev! You're right, it won't shut him up because there will be a dozen reasons why ... the testing was out of context ... you can twist stats to fit whatever you want to say... etc :lol: Still, it takes all kinds!

Back on track, I'd be really interested in the type of test you're suggesting too Kev

Have a good one, Brad

I've got one for Matt or if not Matt than the MGS crew. I have a friend who will say black if I say white about anything golf related. This includes fitting which he believes is a bunch of bunk - It's always the Indian not the arrow.

I would love to see Matt do some shaft tests where the testers test shaft/head combos randomly - Tester 1 - x stiff 8.5 degrees, Tester 2 R flex 10.5 degrees, etc., etc. Then another test where the testers are fit for the proper head/shaft combo.

For those who say why use such extremes in the test I'd point out that there is often a huge variation in "stock off the rack" clubs - An unsuspecting consumer goes into Golfsmith and picks up an Adams F12 with 10.5 loft and R flex - He might have in his hands an extra stiff 46" shaft that he can't possible hit succesfully.

I'd love to see that test!

I like it!

How about a slight modification though. Have the golfer decide which off the shelf model they *think* they need, then go through a fitting and see the difference.

This test gets close to what you want to see though:

http://www.mygolfspy.com/mygolfspy-labs-wrong-shaft-flex/

I did read that one WD trust me it would be meaningless to my friend. It is certainly helpful beyond a doubt -

I do agree the test as you've described would be awesome. You'd have to use people who were new to MGS or perhaps even recruit a non-fit group - maybe out of the folks who chime in on the outside and then you'd fit them and compare. It would be fascinating.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Archived